Pat White's Future?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pat White's Future?

I know that Pat White is the prototypical College QB most-likely turned WR in the NFL. But, why can't he play QB in the NFL? He has a pretty good arm, and can spread the field, whether it be a passing or an option play. It's just too bad that neither Slaton nor White will win the Heisman because they are just too good to be on the same team. One doesn't outshine the other (Especially versus Louisville last year). I personally believe that Pat White is a very good QB and would make a good QB in the NFL.

What do you guys think? And what do you think he will become?

Its possible, how tall is he?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

According to wikipedia and espn.com, 6'2".

I don't see White playing Quarterback in the NFL. He doesn't really throw the ball enough in college to attract the interest for it, plus when he does thow the ball, it's nothing special. His arm is enough to get by in college, but it's probably not enough for the NFL level. With his athleticism, he's more likely to be converted to a WR.
      Last edited by RedLionAle; 08-09-2007, 11:58 PM.

Comment

I would love to see White give qb a try in the nfl, but he should be a pretty good wr

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs

Comment

See: Rasheed Marshall

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

If Brad Smith couldn't, don't see why White could.

Comment

if he's listed at 6'2 id almost guarantee he is actually 6'0 even.

Comment

Ya.. maybe they will give him shot... but i think eventually he will be a wide reciever sooner rather than later

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Doubtful he ever plays QB in the NFL other than trick plays. First of all, if height hurt Troy Smith, an accomplished college player, then I'm assuming it will hurt White as they are roughly the same size. He doesn't have that great of an arm and tucks the ball too early instead of going to his progressions.

That being said, he still completed 66% of his passes and had a 9.25 yards/attempt ratio, which is really good. On the flip side, he didn't even attempt enough passes to be considered for the national QB ratings leaders. Hard to gauge. I'd like to see him air it out more, but there's no reason to at WVU with that rushing attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
                    if he's listed at 6'2 id almost guarantee he is actually 6'0 even.
                    He definately seems taller than Troy Smith was and Smith was 6'0". The problem with White is that he is as skinny as a rail.

Comment

Could probably be a 4th or 5th WR and a KR/PR like Joshua Cribbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                        If Brad Smith couldn't, don't see why White could.
                        Brad Smith was one of the best dual-threat QBs of all time. I wonder why Vick got a chance at QB, and Smith never did.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                          Doubtful he ever plays QB in the NFL other than trick plays. First of all, if height hurt Troy Smith, an accomplished college player, then I'm assuming it will hurt White as they are roughly the same size. He doesn't have that great of an arm and tucks the ball too early instead of going to his progressions.

That being said, he still completed 66% of his passes and had a 9.25 yards/attempt ratio, which is really good. On the flip side, he didn't even attempt enough passes to be considered for the national QB ratings leaders. Hard to gauge. I'd like to see him air it out more, but there's no reason to at WVU with that rushing attack.
                          Difference between Smith/White after what you said is..

Look at the quality of Offense?

How many 1st rounder on offense did troy smith have?

3 OL, 3 WR, 4th Round RB, and a likely future 1st?

White has:

not one good OL, a future 1st round RB, and a 4th round FB.

Hell his best WR in Brandon Myles didn't even get drafted.

Perhaps if WVU had the talent at WR that OSU had he would be airing it out more.

He does have a great arm and is fairly accurate for the very limited chances he gets.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
                            Difference between Smith/White after what you said is..

Look at the quality of Offense?

How many 1st rounder on offense did troy smith have?

3 OL, 3 WR, 4th Round RB, and a likely future 1st?

White has:

not one good OL, a future 1st round RB, and a 4th round FB.

Hell his best WR in Brandon Myles didn't even get drafted.

Perhaps if WVU had the talent at WR that OSU had he would be airing it out more.

He does have a great arm and is fairly accurate for the very limited chances he gets.
                            WVU's o line is good every year, not nfl prospects but great college lineman

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs

Comment

Originally posted by jbeans187 View Post
                              WVU's o line is good every year, not nfl prospects but great college lineman
                              Plus they have that funny play where they all fall on their face. Dan Mozes was very good. When did he get drafted?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information