McFadden Going Pro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McFadden Going Pro

According to his mother Arkansas RB Darren McFadden plans to go pro after his junior season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2969546
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
    According to his mother Arkansas RB Darren McFadden plans to go pro after his junior season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2969546
    Yeah I saw that. I always think it is a bad idea to announce something like that now. If I was on Arkansas then I would be wondering if he was playing for the team or himself.

Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
      Yeah I saw that. I always think it is a bad idea to announce something like that now. If I was on Arkansas then I would be wondering if he was playing for the team or himself.
      well even so... he has to do good this year to be a high draft pick.. he will be playing hard.. atleast they know they need to start recruiting some runningbacks... and with him leaving... now incoming freshman might commit hopeing to get his suceess?

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

He, unless he suffers a serious injury, is essentially a top 10 pick regardless. Not a great move to say it now, but I think it was obvious. Unless John Stewart from Oregon steps up big time in the production department McFadden should be the first RB taken, likely in the top 5 even with a mediocre season. JMO.
        Virginia Tech.
        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

i think a lot of it has to do with the Arkansas coaching staff, i think that's the real reason he committed so early.

Comment

He just jinxed himself, just like AD did last year when he said midway that he was going pro unless he got injured, and WA-LA, he gets injured, and he drops several spots in the draft thanks to that collarbone injury. I'm sure happy it worked out that way, though :)

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Not that it's plausible, but if I were ever in that position I would immediately let my intentions known to go pro as well.
              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

I really think this decision should be made after the season is over. You can never predict what is going to happen in football.

Comment

I'm always in favor of junior RBs declaring early. It's a young man's position and better they spend another year in the pros than in college.
                  Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

good to hear but not suprising.
                    "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

The right choice

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Wouldn't you want to get out of that zoo in Fayetteville?

Comment

I don't know if this needs to be publicly announced but if I was a coach I think it would be an advantage knowing that he will be leaving after the season so I could prepare for it, maybe even start giving Felix Jones some more carries

Comment

I don't think he should've announced it this early.. but it's not like he's forced to go pro, even if he has a bad year.

Comment

It's a smart move by McFadden. He's already a projected 5 pick and going back for his senior year would be idiotic. By going back, he would only risk getting injured.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information