Brian Brohm?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Brohm?

I am a Falcons fan, so the chance of us getting him right now, seem very high. I was just wondering what are his cons? I have heard that he has good accuracy and makes good decisions. Will he be worth a top5 pick?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

He isn't very mobile, and he has injury concerns. Those are the two main knocks on him as far as I can tell.
    aka KGB Chicken

Comment

But his arm strength and accuracy are pretty good, right? Same with footwork?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
        But his arm strength and accuracy are pretty good, right? Same with footwork?
        Yes, those are all very good. I just happened to re-watch the Orange Bowl last night and his deep accuracy is outstanding. His mechanics are clean and he has very good pocket presence.
        aka KGB Chicken

Comment

his accuracy gets sloppy at times in the short-intermediate range.
          I'm a state.

Comment

His injury plagued past is the biggest knock

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I'd say his biggest knock is that he's not Andre Woodson.

Comment

the question i have is: is he or quinn is the better prospect?

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
                  the question i have is: is he or quinn is the better prospect?
                  well given Quinn played 4 years in college you have to wait and see what Brohm does in his final year. Brohm might drop due to the fact he in his final year and has a new coaching staff.

Comment

His mechanics and footwork are great. I like his accuracy, it's on the NFL level. His arm is pretty good. He's smart. He makes quick reads. His mobility will be mediocre in the NFL, and he has big injury problems.

As to whether he or Quinn is the better prospect, it has to be Brohm. In the NFL, you have to have good accuracy to succeed. You have to be able to throw the ball though the tire, and Quinn can't do it at times. Like Eli Manning, a lack of accuracy will stunt Quinn's growth.

BoneKrusher

Comment

As is the case with all top prospects coming into their final year, he'll drop.

He still has a legitimate chance of being the top pick and top quarterback taken overall, but there's a real chance that some less heralded junior QB will catch the scout's eyes and be taken ahead of him.

Comment

im going to make a prediction right now. brian brohm will not be a top ten pick. he was under a great offense with petrino, and he's going to have to get used to a new scheme, so i want to see how he does with that. i personally think he's going to have a down year. also he's never thrown for that many td's in a season, 19's his highest, i mean its good but not really mind boggling. i mean woodson threw 31 last year. brohm was in a better offense too, but i dont know i could be reading into it too much, i think he got way to much pub then he deserved, in these past couple years

Comment

Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
                          I'd say his biggest knock is that he's not Andre Woodson.

I'd agree with that. Woodson2Atlanta!

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                            I'd agree with that. Woodson2Atlanta!
                            I think that either Woodson or Brohm will slip outside the top 10, and I'd be thrilled with either of them in Atlanta.
                            TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

[sarcasm]
                              Falcons won't pick high this year, Harrington is gonna take you to the playoffs [/sarcasm]

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information