Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arizona Prospects

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Arizona Prospects

    So I was just wondering what you guys think of the Arizona prospects that have a solid chance of declaring for the Draft:

    1. Antoine Cason- CB- 6'0 185
    2. Louis Holmes- DE- 6'6 265
    3. Yaniv Barnett- DT- 6'1 265

    I'm just looking for peoples opinions on these players and their abilities and how they think they'll translate to the NFL

  • #2
    Originally posted by VYTitans View Post
    So I was just wondering what you guys think of the Arizona prospects that have a solid chance of declaring for the Draft:

    1. Antoine Cason- CB- 6'0 185
    2. Louis Holmes- DE- 6'6 265
    3. Yaniv Barnett- DT- 6'1 265

    I'm just looking for peoples opinions on these players and their abilities and how they think they'll translate to the NFL
    Cason should be a late first round early second round pick. I dont know much about Yaniv Barnett but he looks short and too small so he might be a 4th-5th round pick if he runs a good 40 time so he could be moved to DE in a cover 2 scheme. Louis Holmes might be a 4th-5th round pick but I don't know much about him.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
      Cason should be a late first round early second round pick. I dont know much about Yaniv Barnett but he looks short and too small so he might be a 4th-5th round pick if he runs a good 40 time so he could be moved to DE in a cover 2 scheme. Louis Holmes might be a 4th-5th round pick but I don't know much about him.
      Late first-early 2nd?? i'd go as far to say that he's top 10



      Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

      Comment


      • #4
        Holmes has all the talent in the world, if he puts together a big year he could be a day one guy also.


        "A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

        Originally posted by Emmitt Smith
        Donít quit, donít even quit.

        Comment


        • #5
          Cason should be a first rounder if he has a season like he did in 2006. He will probably will have a top 15 grade beofre the combine then will measure in at around 5-11 185 4.55-4.6 which shouldn't help him much. I love Cason though, he is a great corner and if he produces in the Pac 10 again I would consider him a top 10 lock if he runs anything less then a 4.6 (if I were a GM).

          Louis Holmes is a big-time talent who will probably post combine numbers similar to that of Jamal Anderson out of Arkansas. He is 6-5 to 6-6 and could be anywhere from 270-290 for the combine. He reportedly has great timed speed for a man his size, so a 4.7 could be a legit possibility. He has character issues and hasn't lived up to his talent and if he continues those 2 patterns he shouldn't go earlier then round 4. If he does post freakish measurables (which I think he will) and has a solid season he could shoot up the boards into round 1.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by neko4 View Post
            Late first-early 2nd?? i'd go as far to say that he's top 10
            really? even if Jenkins, King, and Talib come out? and with Thomas, Lowery, and Bowman already in the draft. It will be hard.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
              really? even if Jenkins, King, and Talib come out? and with Thomas, Lowery, and Bowman already in the draft. It will be hard.
              All measurables aside I think Cason is the best out of all those guys. He won't be a combine freak but he is an excellent player with super ball skills and good "game speed".

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                really? even if Jenkins, King, and Talib come out? and with Thomas, Lowery, and Bowman already in the draft. It will be hard.
                Just because there are other top CB's in the draft doesnt mean it will be hard for Cason to overcome them. He's already considered better than most of them anyway. The only 3 i see challenging or overcoming him are Jenkins, King, and Lowerey.



                Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                  Just because there are other top CB's in the draft doesnt mean it will be hard for Cason to overcome them. He's already considered better than most of them anyway. The only 3 i see challenging or overcoming him are Jenkins, King, and Lowerey.
                  then why did he go back to school for one more year? he could have been the first cb taken in the draft.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                    then why did he go back to school for one more year? he could have been the first cb taken in the draft.
                    i dont know? many things, maybe he didnt think he couldve been a first, he may have loved playing in arizona, or loved college life.



                    Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Cason is great. His technique is much better than any other senior cornerback this year. His ball skills great as well.

                      For me, Holmes was kind of unimpressive last season, but he could do really well for himself with a productive season. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't have a great statistical year, though, because he'll get double teamed a lot.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Cason is overated IMO, I've seen him play plenty of times in person and on TV, I got him as a mid 2nd - early 3rd rounder, the 7th or 8th CB taken

                        Holmes is a very talented player but as been said before he gets double team alot and will probally be over looked until the combine

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I don't think Holmes will face as many double teams with the entire DLine returning as starters. Either way, 6'6 270 with athleticism will not get overlooked at all.

                          sig by BoneKrusher

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The only player I'll be playing attention to is Cason. Maybe Louis Holmes.


                            http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Dont leave out Spencer Larsen, OLB and the darkhorse Chris Jennings, RB.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information