Quentin Groves starts Domination of Opposing QBs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quentin Groves starts Domination of Opposing QBs

5 tackles, 3 tackles for loss, 2 sacks, 1 forced fumble, and 3 QB hurries against Kansas State.

Named SEC Defensive Lineman of the week. Forced a fumble that lead to a touchdown return late in the game which iced the game.

2 sacks short of tying Auburn's all-time career sack record, a record which he should abolish this season.

One of my favorite prospects in this up coming draft... the is an absolute beast.. look out QB's

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

I like how he plays consistent. That means more to me than anything else.

Comment

"The Hit" on Youtube:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ldXbUiQBuZM

Comment

It's more so domination of opposing left tackles....Alesana Alesana looked AWFUL.

Comment

How did he fare against the run?

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Quentin Groves will be a Top 10 pick and the next Jevon Kearse. Great production combined with 4.4 speed is something you just don't see. He has the potential to be a special player at the next level.

Comment

I like that Auburn is putting him at OLB and running 3-4, even if he did get beat for a TD on the trick play. Did well against the run (made a great play in the backfield on an edge play), was a little inconsistent but the FF sack really showed his skills, there isn't a player in the country that was going to block him on that play.

That is correct comahan
                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by metafour View Post
                  the one on the far right... good lord. I can just imagine what he tells the qb...

"I got you sucka, now suck it".

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                  don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

How would he project as a 3-4 prospect? I was thinking strong side backer.

Comment

Groves looks small in those pics, smaller than Freeman. Is he too small to play DE in the NFL?

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                        How would he project as a 3-4 prospect? I was thinking strong side backer.
                        Thats his best pro position IMO. After the combine he'll have 3-4 teams swarming all over him. At 6'3 and 255lbs he's a bit small as a 4-3 end, but I'm sure he could bulk up another 10-15 pounds or so (like Stanley McClover did) if a 4-3 team REALLY needed pass rushing and decided to draft him. He's physically built to absolutely dominate in a 3-4 scheme however. His speed/agility to size ratio is ridiculous, he ran a 4.49 forty (at 255lbs) this summer.

He completely flattened Freeman on that play, and Freeman is JaMarcus Russell-esque at 6'6 and 260lbs.

Comment

Yea he is smaller than Freeman, ha. Freeman is 6-6 250/260.

That is correct comahan
                          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                          <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by sodar21 View Post
                            How did he fare against the run?
                            I thought he looked pretty good against the run. It seemed like he was always in on the tackle on run plays, or at least on top of the pile.

Comment

If Groves shows he's a force in the run game he may be taken ahead of Calais Campbell.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information