Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB Wopamo Osaisai

CB Wopamo Osaisai, Stanford

He isn't in Scott's listings, but seems to be a decent prospect for next year

He is listed at 5'11", 200 lbs so has decent size

He is a track star, holding the school record in the 100 meters (10.39 seconds) and in the 60 meters indoor (6.83 seconds).

He became a starter in the 2nd half of 2006 and did well, with 52 tackles, six pass break-ups, and returned an interception 72 yards a TD against Arizona.

He was 1st team All-Pac-10 team as a special teamer, and will probably get increased role in that area as the primary returner this season.

He is a solid tackler and decent in run support.

I know the CB class is reasonably deep, but could Osaisai be a day 1 pick?

I can see it now

Roger Goodell- And with the 85th pick (insert team here) selects Wo...Wopo..Wopaaa....That guy with the funny name from Stanford

Comment

He's a Junior. What makes you think he will declare this year?

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Boy and I though Nnamdi Asomugha was a weird name

Come to think of it, it still is

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
          I can see it now

Roger Goodell- And with the 85th pick (insert team here) selects Wo...Wopo..Wopaaa....That guy with the funny name from Stanford
          No, no...

"Wo... pah... mo...... ohSAISAI. Did I pronounce that right? No? Oh well. Wo...pahmo... ohsaisai from Stanford."

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
            He's a Junior. What makes you think he will declare this year?
            are you sure?

from his bio: http://gostanford.cstv.com/sports/m-..._wopamo00.html

2006 Season: Played in all 12 games with six starts at cornerback

2005 Season: Played in 11 games on special teams and as a reserve in the defensive backfield

2004 Season: Did not play as a true freshman cornerback.

He may be able to apply for an additional year of eligibility, but he is in his 4th season of college.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Pete View Post
              are you sure?

2005 Season: Played in 11 games on special teams and as a reserve in the defensive backfield

He may be able to apply for an additional year of eligibility, but he is in his 4th season of college.
              He is a redshirt Junior. On that same bio it lists his class as "Junior".

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Pete View Post
                are you sure?

I don't think that his 2004 season counted. He's listed as a Junior everywhere I check. He must have greyshirted or something.

Comment

As a guy who's watched him a fair amount, he's a terrific athlete who's somewhat raw as a football player. I have no doubt he'll get chosen just because there will be some coach out there blown away by his 40 time (which will be phenomenal). But unless his technique improves a lot over the next couple of seasons, or he learns how to field punts and kickoffs (not great hands from what I've seen) I'd be surprised if he was a day 1 pick.

Comment

Wopamo Osaisai?! So if this guy becomes a top prospect, I'm going to have to spell that every time I mention him? Screw that. From now on, his name is Joe Smith.

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information