Denis Dixon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denis Dixon

Is he not an NFL prospect at all? He's not in Scott's rankings.

he might be listed as a WR

Comment

He signed as an OF with Atlanta. He was taken in the fifth round of the MLB Draft this year

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

He was drafted, not signed. If he was signed, then I don't think he'd be allowed to play college football. Isn't he a Junior? That may be why Scott doesn't have him listed.

He's playing well vs a horrible Michigan defense. Armanti Edwards looked great in the spread vs them. Just because Dixon is doing the same doesn't mean that much in my book.
        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

He's a senior.

I'll believe in Dennis Dixon if he can sustain this kind of play over a period of time.

Comment

he is a senior. he did sign with atlanta, but he is still able to play football. i dont see why that would be a problem since tom zbikowski is a pro boxer and is playing for ND.

Comment

Yeah Dixon made $150,000 for signing with the Braves. Can't really blame him for that. To anybody who thinks he isn't a legit QB prospect, I'd like to remind you of what VY looked like at Texas. Everybody had him pegged as a WR heading into that final season. His arm was far more questionable than Dixon's is now. I don't think there's any question that Dixon has the tools. He just needs to bring it together on a consistent basis and work on his intermediate accuracy. His deep ball has always been deadly. And his pocket awareness is unreal. Very difficult to sack him. No question he just played the best game of his career. Those 3 TD's were absolutely perfect passes. Caught the WR in stride on each one. But like I said, his intermediate game still needs work. Let's see if he can stay somewhere around this level of play before we start analyzing his draft prospects. He still has a lot to prove, but there's no question he has scouts' full attention right now. There's also the issue of making the switch to a pro-style offense to consider.

Comment

Yeah, I was totally wrong about him signing and everything. Still, its odd to me that the NCAA allows him to play. I guess if he doesn't have an agent, though, its ok. I'm not exactly a rules expert, anyway.
                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                  Yeah, I was totally wrong about him signing and everything. Still, its odd to me that the NCAA allows him to play. I guess if he doesn't have an agent, though, its ok. I'm not exactly a rules expert, anyway.
                  You can be a pro in a sport you don't play collegiately as long as you don't collect money from endorsements

Comment

Didn't Dixon stop playing baseball in HS??? How would he get drafted? He must've been freakin good.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
                      Didn't Dixon stop playing baseball in HS??? How would he get drafted? He must've been freakin good.
                      Yeah that seems to happen a lot in Baseball. Teams take a lot of chances on pure athletes without knowing what they really have or whether or not they'll even play. The size of their draft and the fact that they have a minor league systems has a lot to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason View Post
                        Yeah that seems to happen a lot in Baseball. Teams take a lot of chances on pure athletes without knowing what they really have or whether or not they'll even play. The size of their draft and the fact that they have a minor league systems has a lot to do with it.
                        i.e. Jeff Samardzija, a just somewhat decent reliever at Notre Dame.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

Is this thread just being made because he beat Michigan? One would have to wonder if he beat a great Big Ten defense or just a mediocre one. That's only question for me. I think he did great today. I know he'll have a better year than last year.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

I used Oregon in NCAA before everyone....and Dixon + stewart are unreal.

Dixon is a legit prospect case closed. Always was in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                              i.e. Jeff Samardzija, a just somewhat decent reliever at Notre Dame.
                              An example of someone who turned out to be good would be Kenny Lofton...

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information