Reggie, Peterson, McFadden... Rate 'em

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reggie, Peterson, McFadden... Rate 'em

Great (possible) three-year run at running backs at the top of the draft, but how would they stack up against each other?

Reggie Bush '06
    Adrian Peterson '07
    Darren McFadden '08 -'09 (or, if he gets injured and cashes in on the Jason White clause, '08-'24)

Adrian Peterson
    Darren McFadden
    Reggie Bush

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

If they were all enetering the draft the same year after their last college seasons than the order of selection would likley be...

Bush, Outstanding rare ability.
      McFadden, Big, fast, strong
      Peterson, Injury problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
        If they were all enetering the draft the same year after their last college seasons than the order of selection would likley be...

Bush, Outstanding rare ability.
        McFadden, Big, fast, strong
        Peterson, Injury problems.
        No way. More like

Bush, inablity to run inside
        McFadden, very upright running style
        Peterson, beast.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

I'll take AP, McFadden, and Bush, in that order. Peterson and McFadden can do it all, they have size, speed, hands, strength, and the ability to make a play from anywhere on the fiels. Reggie is just behind both of them, he is a great playmaker but he doesn't have the body to carry the load of a traditional inside/outside RB (like AP/D-Mac). That is why Bush's situation in NO (and what he had at USC) is perfect for him.

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
            No way. More like

Peterson, beast.
            Your opinion. But I find it hard to believe that if these guys were all in the same draft class after their college seasons you would pass over Bush, one of the greatest prospects of all-time for Peterson.

Comment

Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
              Your opinion. But I find it hard to believe that if these guys were all in the same draft class after their college seasons you would pass over Bush, one of the greatest prospects of all-time for Peterson.
              Yeah, It would be hard for me to pass on Bush. If I am running a 2 back system though, it wouldnt be a bad idea. Saints landed in the perfect situation. Very injury prone tough runner to compliment Bush.

But if I had to pick, then I would pick either Peterson or McFadden to handle the load.

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                No way. More like

Peterson, beast.
                Ironically, the same reason your undercutting McFadden is also the exact same thing Peterson was criticized for.

Oft-injured because of his upright running style.

Yet McFadden is less injured.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Yeah mcFadden and Peterson have similar running styles.
                  my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                  <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                  <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                  <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                  Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                  What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
                    Ironically, the same reason your undercutting McFadden is also the exact same thing Peterson was criticized for.

Oft-injured because of his upright running style.

Yet McFadden is less injured.
                    lol. I realized that while I was writing it. I just hoped no one would notice.

But both of them do have a very upright running style, I agree. I think Peterson runs a bit lower to the ground though.

Comment

I'd take Marshawn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

AD
                        Bush
                        McFadden

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

As RBs.

1. Peterson
                          2. Bush
                          3. McFadden

If it's as prospects Bush gets the nod over Peterson because the other things he could do as well as Peterson's injuries. From a RB stand point it's definitely Peterson. I really don't see McFadden's talent level as a RB close to Peterson's.

That is correct comahan
                          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                          <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                            As RBs.

1. Peterson
                            2. Bush
                            3. McFadden

If it's as prospects Bush gets the nod over Peterson because the other things he could do as well as Peterson's injuries. From a RB stand point it's definitely Peterson. I really don't see McFadden's talent level as a RB close to Peterson's.
                            Pretty much exactly what I was about to write. In terms of pro ability I'm not sure how well McFadden is going to do compared to the other two. I'm not as high on McFadden as most others.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

It looks like with Peterson's first pro game, a lot of people are seeing him the way I saw him before the draft.

I actually always thought Bush was a little too gimmicky to have a particular spot in the NFL. Definitely a big-time athlete, but do you want him touching the ball with a yard-and-a-half to go and nine men in the box?

Also, McFadden and Peterson are pretty different in their running styles. AD hits the hole hard, is much quicker, and makes sharper cuts. McFadden, on the other hand, is a little like Vince Young in that he uses change of direction and that sixth gear to change the defense's pursuit angles and put them behind the play.

Now I'm not much of anything when it comes to scouting, I'm just some schmuck who used to play a little ball waaaay back in the day. On that note, just from what I've seen, I think AD is BY FAR the best football player out of them all, but that McFadden will have a helluva career, too.

And I've always thought that Bush is Ted Ginn with 40 extra pounds. I'm probably the only fan in the Texans' Nation that is happy we went with Mario over Reggie.

Anyways, here are my rankings:

1. Peterson
                              2. McFadden
                              3. Bush (too much of a 'tweener... not quite a RB, not quite a WR)

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information