Erin Henderson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erin Henderson

We all love physical freaks, players who produce, and players who have familiar names so I'm surprised no talk about Erin Henderson who should be a legit draft prospect. Only a junior he could leave early especially since he was a redshirt. He is probably most known for being EJ's brother, but as solid as EJ is, Erin is on a whole nother level when we are comparing them as prospects. All the hype goes to the Miami players like Calais, Kenny Philips, some Clemson and FSU guys, Chris Long, and the Tech LB's but IMO Henderson is the premier defensive player in the NFL and could go top 10 when he declares, whenever that is. He really flies under the radar for what he brings. First off the freakish physical numbers. Henderson is a 6-3"" 236 pound linebacker. He first came to college park as a QB so that tells you the type of athleticism that he possessed in high school and now college. In terms of combine numbers he should be one of those typical Maryland freaks like Vernon Davis. Last year he was a top lifter on the team as the highest lifting backer with a bench press of 365 pounds. He also runs like a safety and although his timed 40 is 4.58 I can easily see him running sub 4.5 in the mid 4.4's. He's that much of a freak. And while all of those numbers are great it's the play that's most important. To put it in simple terms he is a tackling machine just like EJ was but unlike EJ Erin has world class athleticism. He tackles like Ray Lewis and runs like Ed Reed, which allows him to fly around the field making tackles, as well as perform well in coverage. Last year in his first year starting he was amazing. He was 2nd team all ACC 2nd in the ACC and 31st in the nation in tackles per game at 8.8. He also was 2nd in the acc in forced fumbles. In addition he had multiple 10+ tackle games including a monstrous game with 17 tackles. Finished the season with 114 tackles. He in addition became the vocal leader of the defense. I just think he has everything you look for in a linebacker. An active runstopper who plays with a high motor and passion makes tackles all over the field, and he is also good in coverage and runs like a safety. He came to the school on the light side but IMO even now he is at a perfect playing weight and really is a gym rat, so be sure to check him out tonight on the national stage against Slaton, and White of West Virginia. His number is 1 so look out to hear his name all night. He has 20 tackles so far this season in 2 games.
    Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP; 09-13-2007, 04:13 PM.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Interesting read. I'll keep my eye out. Thanks
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

looks like im not the only guy on the balls of an underrated play

GO EARL BENNETT

Comment

I hope the Vikings get him!

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

He's not my #1 junior OLB for no reason. ;)

Can't wait to watch what him and Dre Moore can do tonight.

That is correct comahan
          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
          <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
            I hope the Vikings get him!
            i'll be pissed if the vi-queens get him. EJ and Erin would be too dangerous and id hate to see another Terp go to Minny

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

There are a lot of great Senior LBs to look forward to in the draft already, but I can see him competing with Rivers, Wheeler & Adibi for the "most athletic" designation among the better prospects of this class. Right now he's in the same boat as Patrick Willis because he's a tackling machine for a lesser-known program in a major conference. It would be interesting to see him in a setting like the Senior Bowl where he would have the chance to prove how dominant he is with other stars around to steal the spotlight (like Willis did), but he's only a Junior.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

It's always tough against Slaton cause since Maryland dropped his scholarship which is why he went to West Virginia, he runs with a chip on his shoulder every time he goes up against them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
                  It's always tough against Slaton cause since Maryland dropped his scholarship which is why he went to West Virginia, he runs with a chip on his shoulder every time he goes up against them.
                  i love how they bring that up every year and Ralph Friedgen always admits it was the biggest mistake he's made

Comment

Bleh Keon Lattimore is a beast and Lance Ball is also very good, Maryland would win the ACC running away if they only had a QB, because Derrius Heyward-Bey is probably the top wideout in the conference, also their secondary is spotty at best. Damn you Josh Portis for being an idiot and suspended for the year.

Comment

i went to the WVU/Maryland game 2 years ago when it was at Byrd Stadium and i remember how mad I was because Maryland had the game won but blew it with 2 fumbles in the 2nd half. Also remember that West Virginia started the game with Bednarik but Pat White came in and played a majority of the 2nd half. Slaton didn't touch the ball that game as a majority of the carries went to Jason Colson

Comment

He looks out of position on most plays tonight, he can certainly run though.

Comment

i had him as a 1st rounder in my mock draft

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                            He looks out of position on most plays tonight, he can certainly run though.
                            But he's made a ton of plays on White behind the line of scrimmage, it's hard to stay in position when you have to play both White and Slaton evenly.

Comment

He was out of position because he had to make too many plays

my parlay won me i think 66 bucks tonight

Maryland +17, Air Force +8 and Maryland/WVu under 62!!!
                              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information