What happens to the Pats Pick?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens to the Pats Pick?

Is it just vacated like Minnesota's NBA picks were, meaning that there would be only 31 first round picks?
    The Bear will not quit, the Bear will not die

That is a good point. Better value for the team at the top of the second round.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMikey10 View Post
      Is it just vacated like Minnesota's NBA picks were, meaning that there would be only 31 first round picks?
      i would assume it's simply vacated. It's ok though because they still have the 49ers 1st round pick anyway.

Comment

Vacated.

Only 31 first round picks.

Comment

Only the Patriots could still come out of this on top. If they make the playoffs they lose a pick in the late part of the 1st round but still keep San Franciscos pick that will be in the middle of the round. if they miss the playoffs they keep both 1st rounders and lose a 2nd and 3rd round pick. Seriously all this means now is they don't have to waste their rookie pool on 2 first round picks.

Comment

Its forfeited, which is what happens to a team's pick that is used in the supplementary draft. So like everyone else said, there will be 31 picks in the first round, and in all of the draft recaps on websites and other outlets it will say "Forfeited pick," or something along those lines, in the Pats slot.
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

so what about the one they traded for, they get to keep it or does it go back to san fran?
              i'll be pissed if they get to keep it

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                so what about the one they traded for, they get to keep it or does it go back to san fran?
                i'll be pissed if they get to keep it
                I'm pretty sure they get to keep, but if Goodell really wanted to make them pay he should have just banned them from picking in the first round no matter what. hah.

Comment

Why? They traded past picks for it, not future picks. San Fran lost all their rights to that pick when they received the Pats 1st round pick last year to pick Joe Staley. They shouldn't have it taken away, since they used their previous picks to get it. To take BOTH away would be too severe. If they did take multiple 1st's, it would be one '08 and one '09. But to me, thats still too harsh.
                  Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                  Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                  Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

This is almost like the Browns winning the super bowl in terms of where their first pick in the next draft will be now that N.England's is poof, gone. :D

Comment

this sucks for whoever picks first in the draft because they will now have to pay the first pick of the second round like the last pick of the first which actually is a pretty big difference, because that player will technically be the 32nd player taken.

Comment

Definitely worth paying a little bit more for a guy who is essentially a first round pick.

Comment

so, will the guy who is picked 32nd demand 1st round money? or is the money difference from 32 to 33 little?

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
                            so, will the guy who is picked 32nd demand 1st round money? or is the money difference from 32 to 33 little?
                            I'd imagine that the TEAM who picks first in the second round will lobby for 33rd overall pick money, while the AGENT of the player picked will lobby for 32nd overall pick money.

Comment

I don't see how anyone could legit say that the player taken 32nd overall should get 33rd money. I'm sure the team will try to make that argument, but it's a stupid one and will hold no water. If you're the 32nd player drafted you should get paid like the 32nd player.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information