Brian Brohm and Andre' Woodson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Brohm and Andre' Woodson

As a Vikings fan, I'm pretty interested in next years top QB prospects. I'll be watching as much Louisville and Kentucky games as I can this year, but from those who have already been watching, give me a little mini-report on Brohm and Woodson.

Top Attributes:

Biggest Question Marks:

www.minnesotavikingsnation.com

Man if only we had three or four threads just like this......

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      Man if only we had three or four threads just like this......
      lol every week.

Im not gonna go into full detail but I love Brohm, he is NFL ready and should be the first QB taken. He has a cannon arm, his long ball is deadly, he's smart and a leader, his footwork is pretty good too. As you can see I think brohm is the total package.

Comment

Brohm:
        Pros: Very accurate. Makes good decisions. Good footwork and release. Great deep ball. Okay arm.

Cons: Plays weak competition. Injury issues.

Woodson:
        Pros: Great arm. Decent release and footwork. Pretty accurate. Decently mobile.

Cons: Not too many.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Woodson is godly, Brohm is not. And so I choose Woodson

Comment

Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
            lol every week.

Im not gonna go into full detail but I love Brohm, he is NFL ready and should be the first QB taken. He has a cannon arm, his long ball is deadly, he's smart and a leader, his footwork is pretty good too. As you can see I think brohm is the total package.
            Woodson's arm is better than Brohm's, and the fact that Brohm looks like a product of Bobby Petrino's system might make Woodson better for other teams. He is a good leader, but how is he a better leader than Woodson? It seems they're head to head on that.

Comment

Ultimantly I believe that Atlanta is going to be in the bottom of the barrell and draft Brohm and Petrino is either going to fly or die with him. Then Woodson will end up with the Kansas City (If Croyle doesnt step up by the end of the year) or Tampa Bay (unless their record puts them out of position to draft him)

Two Reasons they wont draft either one:
              1. Childress is 2 bad seasons away from being fired, this year was the year he had to try to develop a QB (passed on Quinn, cant really blame him though) , if he could get a veteran QB (Simms , Boller , McNabb???), then maybe.

2. Neither QB really fits the type of QB Childress likes, he likes a QB that can throw on the run and can make plays when things dont go right. Hes tryed to get that with T. Jackson and had that with McNabb.

Comment

Originally posted by MLibid View Post
                Woodson's arm is better than Brohm's, and the fact that Brohm looks like a product of Bobby Petrino's system might make Woodson better for other teams. He is a good leader, but how is he a better leader than Woodson? It seems they're head to head on that.
                Petrino is now with the Falcons and Brohm is putting up better numbers than he did with Petrino. How is he a product of his system again?

Comment

Originally posted by JDB7821 View Post
                  Petrino is now with the Falcons and Brohm is putting up better numbers than he did with Petrino. How is he a product of his system again?
                  He's missing a lot of reads, and playing a cupcake schedule.

Comment

Brohm is putting up nice stats; mind you he's hitting receivers who are wide open. Receivers who have no one even around them. You won't see a lot of those in the NFL. You need to be able to make decisive throws into tight windows in the NFL. How many times have Brohm or Brennan had to do that? I haven't seen a lot of that from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                      Brohm is putting up nice stats; mind you he's hitting receivers who are wide open. Receivers who have no one even around them. You won't see a lot of those in the NFL. You need to be able to make decisive throws into tight windows in the NFL. How many times have Brohm or Brennan had to do that? I haven't seen a lot of that from them.
                      Brohm's stats against Murray State shouldn't even count. On multiple occasions he was hitting receivers with no one within 15 yards of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                        Brohm's stats against Murray State shouldn't even count. On multiple occasions he was hitting receivers with no one within 15 yards of them.
                        Even against Kentucky, the pass coverage was suspect and he always had a wide open reciever he hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                          Nearly every QB is playing against bad teams. We shouldn't even be having this conversation for a month.

I wouldn't draw any conclusions at all from that UK/UL shootout.

Comment

Okay, Brohm was a product of the system. WRONG. I have been to all of Brohms games the last two years, and he looks a lot better this year as opposed to last year. You see the final score of the UK/UL game and you say "Brohm lost against UK. You forget the fact that he actually led the game winning drive with 1:50 left in the game. Its not his fault that his defense is putrid. Back to the subject: Brohm has an NFL arm, of course its not as big as Woodsons, but he makes up for it with his accuracy on his long balls. He has excellent accuracy on his deep balls. The only concern is his limited mobility. He also tends to stair down his receivers,which i cant blame him b/c he only has one reliable one, Harry Douglas. Mario Urrutia couldnt catch a cold barenaked in the dead of winter. Im not sure who is the better NFL ready qb, b/w the two, but Brohm definitely has all the attributes, including great leadership.

Comment

Originally posted by Notredameleo View Post
                              Okay, Brohm was a product of the system. WRONG. I have been to all of Brohms games the last two years, and he looks a lot better this year as opposed to last year. You see the final score of the UK/UL game and you say "Brohm lost against UK. You forget the fact that he actually led the game winning drive with 1:50 left in the game. Its not his fault that his defense is putrid. Back to the subject: Brohm has an NFL arm, of course its not as big as Woodsons, but he makes up for it with his accuracy on his long balls. He has excellent accuracy on his deep balls. The only concern is his limited mobility. He also tends to stair down his receivers,which i cant blame him b/c he only has one reliable one, Harry Douglas. Mario Urrutia couldnt catch a cold barenaked in the dead of winter. Im not sure who is the better NFL ready qb, b/w the two, but Brohm definitely has all the attributes, including great leadership.
                              Not a product of the system? Stefan Lefors and Brohm's backup Hunter Cantwell may have something to say about that

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information