Where does Jonathan Stewart rank?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does Jonathan Stewart rank?

I was impressed when I watched him and was surprised that he isn't considered a high draft pick. But that's why I don't get paid to evaluate talent.

Where does everyone rate him and why is that that high/low?

I think it mostly has to do with him being an underclassman. I personally rank him right under McFadden and think he will be a mid to late 1st round pick.

Comment

Personally I love him, I think hes a top 15 pick barring injury or an insanley slow 40 time. Others for some reason dont value him a greatly and project him as a late first-early second.

Comment

He is a junior but if he comes out I put him right behind McFadden as a top 10 guy (assuming D-Mac does come out). He and Slaton are both top 15 guys to me, but it depends on what a team is looking for. Stewart has all the tools-size, strength, speed- but he never really produced until this season. Slaton is pretty small but he has blazing speed with great vision and production.

Comment

He's been plagued by nagging injuries and hasn't quite performed to what his potential indicates. That's keeping him down, but a successful year is all he needs to vault himself into the top 15 since he's possibly the most physically gifted RB in this draft, if he chooses to enter.

Comment

IMO he's the best pure RB in this draft. I really, really like McFadden, I love Stewart as an NFL prospect. He's Peterson-lite with his skillset.

Comment

He's faster then Peterson. Playing in a spread O doesnt help his stats either.

Comment

Honestly, I've waited for him to step up and he hasn't so far. After the combines he will jump up draft boards, but I see a high risk, high reward with him. He has great athletic attributes, but hasn't used them as well as he should.

Originally posted by Halsey
                I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by elway777 View Post
                  He's faster then Peterson. Playing in a spread O doesnt help his stats either.
                  I'm not so sure about that... he's fast but I don't know if he's 4.3 fast.

Comment

I have Stewart as the #2 RB if he declares this year, he doesn't get alot of coverage like Hart, Slaton, or Rice but he is just as good if not better than them

for people that haven't seen him before check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwSKFOfc04Q
                    Last edited by fenikz; 09-21-2007, 03:01 AM.

Comment

There's no way Stewart is faster than Peterson. Actually, in the Oregon vs Michigan game, Stewart looked pretty slow against a bad Michigan defense. It was probably just me though. I think that McFadden declares, and he's the consensus #1 barring injury or some epic setback. And then after that, its depends on who declares. I think Stewart is better than the senior RB's, but he'll have a contest with Slaton. But, I'm thinking Slaton may stay for his senior season and I like Stewart more than Slaton anyway. Slaton is faster, but Stewart is a more powerful runner.

I have him at #2, and will probably go in the 1st round. He has everything a team would look for in a RB, except great production in college and an injury history.
                      Last edited by TitanHope; 09-21-2007, 03:30 AM.
                      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

I like Stewart quite a bit. He's a much better NFL prospect than Slaton or Rice. He's not as good as Darren McFadden, but few are.

Comment

I think the biggest knock on Stewart is that he doesn't always give 100% on every play. He's even admitted in interviews that sometimes he needs that extra motivation of a big game. Physically, he's pretty much the prototype NFL back. Great size/speed combo packed into an ideal frame. He's incredibly strong and not afraid of contact. I actually wish he'd avoid it more often and put some of those sick moves to use. I just wish he had that fire burning in his belly like an AD or a MB3. He'd be unstoppable with the right mindset. I don't think anybody is underrating him around here. It's been common knowledge for quite awhile that he's a top prospect and will likely be selected in the upper half of the first round when he enters the draft. The guy he shares the backfield with is the one who deserves far more attention than he's received. Jeremiah Johnson is a stud. His stiff arm is lethal and his quickness and agility are matched by few. If Stewart leaves, expect to see a huge year from Johnson. Though he'll likely split carries with Andre Crenshaw in that scenario. I see his name being called well before the end of round two in '09. He's a better prospect than a lot of the 2nd round RB's over the past few years including former Duck Maurice Morris, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLion2k7 View Post
                            I'm not so sure about that... he's fast but I don't know if he's 4.3 fast.
                            I could have sworn he was timed in the high 4.3's. Maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

Injuries has been a huge knock on him, and it really took him some time to get use to a spread system, which isn't his best fit IMO.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                              XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                              Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                              http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information