Overall BPA!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overall BPA!!!

So, by some miracle you're the team with no immediate needs ... and you happen to have the #1 overall pick

Yes, i know this is early ...

Who do you pick? Why?

I guess i'll get the ball rolling ... i'd take Darren McFadden
    He's got great size, speed and vision. He may be the closest thing to LT that we'll see in a long time. IMO he's the Best Player Available and any team would be blessed to have a RB of his caliber in their backfield.

Id take Glenn Dorsey, not too far behind would be Brohm.

Comment

To me it would be D-Mac, Dorsey, Long, Brohm, Woodson, then Sed Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
        Id take Glenn Dorsey, not too far behind would be Brohm.
        Wow, Glenn Dorsey? ... Super Mario was taken first in 06 but prior to that it was Chad Brown ... both of them DEs

You have to go all the way back to 94 to find the last DT that was drafted #1.

Why would you take Glenn Dorsey #1? I'm not sure what team you root for but is there a hint of homerism there?

Comment

McFadden...best overall player plus alot of teams like having 2 good RB's and can find time for both, same cannot be said about a QB or some other positions

Comment

Interesting ... i guess more people are starting to give credit to the "beef"

The big guys up front are finally getting the credit they deserve?

Comment

Originally posted by benjamink15 View Post
              Wow, Glenn Dorsey? ... Super Mario was taken first in 06 but prior to that it was Chad Brown ... both of them DEs

You have to go all the way back to 94 to find the last DT that was drafted #1.

Why would you take Glenn Dorsey #1? I'm not sure what team you root for but is there a hint of homerism there?
              BPA doesn't mean #1 pick, it means he is the best player. Like Calvin Johnson was probably the BPA last season but he didn't go #1.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                BPA doesn't mean #1 pick, it means he is the best player. Like Calvin Johnson was probably the BPA last season but he didn't go #1.
                Understood but i'm just pointing out that its difficult to find a DT that happens to be the BPA ... lots of "sexy" positions out there

Comment

Interesting ... i guess more people are starting to give credit to the "beef"

The big guys up front are finally getting the credit they deserve?
                  Not sure why that's surprising or new to you. Most fans have been aware of the importance of the trench players for quite awhile. A stellar offensive line is far more valuable and difficult to acquire than a stud RB. Great o-lines make average RB's and QB's look great. Flip that around and a great RB or QB will look quite mediocre or even bad if the guys up front are struggling. Same thing on defense. No CB can cover a guy for more than a handful of seconds. And most LB's will struggle to make a play when being attacked by guards.

Comment

Understood but i'm just pointing out that its difficult to find a DT that happens to be the BPA ... lots of "sexy" positions out there
                    Well, it's kinda ridiculous to even attempt a comparison between a DT and a RB. How do you determine which player is better? Personally, if you give me the choice between Tommie Harris and Steven Jackson, I won't even hesitate to select Harris. He holds far more value, imo.

Comment

BPA is Tom Zbikowski. No doubt.

Originally posted by Halsey
                      I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason View Post
                        Well, it's kinda ridiculous to even attempt a comparison between a DT and a RB. How do you determine which player is better? Personally, if you give me the choice between Tommie Harris and Steven Jackson, I won't even hesitate to select Harris. He holds far more value, imo.
                        True ... i guess its a preference

Cant really compare the positions and it would probably come down to what the team wants to build towards ... a high powered O or a domninat D. Excellent take on the importance of the guys in the trenches too. I agree 100%.

Comment

I'd say Jake Long or Glenn Dorsey.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Honest rankings:

1a. Sam Baker
                            1b. Jake Long

Originally posted by Halsey
                            I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

1-McFadden
                              2-Long
                              3-Brohm
                              4-Dorsey
                              5-Phillips
                              6-Woodson
                              7-Baker
                              8-Campbell
                              9-D.Jackson
                              10-C.Long

Comment