Jacob Hester

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacob Hester

Call me crazy, but I think he may be able to play RB on the next level. What do you think about Hester?

BoneKrusher

I definitely think he has the RB skills to do it, but it really depends on how he times. I don't know if he can be a starter, but I think he can definitely be a very good back up or the 2nd guy in a 1/2 punch.

That is correct comahan
    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
    <3 dg

Comment

He has the hands, blocking, and pretty good vision and ball security. I am also curious to see how he times in the 40 and the agility drills. He's a good football player, not sure if he's gonna run the sort of time that will get him noticed as a tailback. He's proved himself in the SEC though, I think he'll run around a 4.60 and get picked up as a third RB/special teamer.

Comment

Imagine if he had Hester speed..

Comment

the NEXT Mike Alstott

Comment

Originally posted by DukeDaGod View Post
            the NEXT Mike Alstott
            That belongs to Brian Leonard or Owen Schmitt...

Hester is considered to be 5'11 228lbs and runs between a 4.59 to 4.63

I think Peyton Hillis is the better Pro-RB prospect playing FB right now..

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
              That belongs to Brian Leonard or Owen Schmitt...

Hester is considered to be 5'11 228lbs and runs between a 4.59 to 4.63

I think Peyton Hillis is the better Pro-RB prospect playing FB right now..
              Agreed, although I think both Hillis and Hester are miscast as pure FB's at the next level. Schmitt however is just a gigantic monster.

Comment

Originally posted by jared View Post
                Agreed, although I think both Hillis and Hester are miscast as pure FB's at the next level. Schmitt however is just a gigantic monster.
                I think Hillis is like Najeh.. He was a pure RB, that played FB in college.

Schmitt is 6'3 257 plays FB/RB/TE

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

I don't really care what position he plays, the fact remains that Hester is a baller. He's not flashy but he does everything sound and well. He has great hands, can pass block, run block and would be a nice complementary back with his vision, especially in the red zone. No he is not physical enough to be the next Alstott but he could be just as valuable for an offense, while he also has the kind of skills that would make him a fixture on all special teams.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

couple things on hester but also on schmitt and hillis too.

I think all three of them have the ability to play rb in the pros althought hester is most likely to get a shot. I think he has a mid 4.5 forty in him and at his size that is sufficient to get a chance. Hillis and schmitt are both bigger which makes it easier to put them at fullback, but they are both probably more athletic. Hillis is athletic enough that he has acted as arkansas punt returner at times, which for a 240 pounder is damn impressive and I have read that schmitt has been timed under 4.6 which is also damn impressive for a 260 pounder..he could be like a jerome bettis or brandon jacobs in the pros.

Comment

Well after watching Hester's performance today against Florida, I have no lingering doubts about whether he can play at the next level. There was one draw play in particular in the 4th quarter where I got to see his burst. Announcers claimed he runs a 4.5 and benches 400-something lbs. I think he needs to pull a Brian Leonard and drop like 8-10 lbs. and insist that he'd make a better tailback at the next level.

Comment

I have no question as to whether he can play RB, now. He's simply a great football player.

BoneKrusher

Comment

How similar is this situation to the Brian Leonard one?

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

He proved he has the heart and drive to get it done, if he can put up decent numbers in the combine he could go 1st day

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                              How similar is this situation to the Brian Leonard one?
                              IMO, not much. Hester is splitting carries and doing a lot of the dirty, harder running, with Keiland benefitting from his work. He may line-up as the fullback sometimes but he gets his share of touches as tailback. Leonard got some, but I don't think anywhere near the relative quantity that Hester is getting.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information