Here's why Colt Brennan is just a system QB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's why Colt Brennan is just a system QB

He sat out with an ankle injury vs. a bad D-1AA team.

But, backups combined to go 25-48 for 363 yards and 5 TDs.

Yeah, Charleston Southern is bad. But, I just can't find any reason to believe Brennan is nothing more than a system QB.

D-Unit...

Calling D-Unit...

:)
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Well why should Hawaii play him against a team they know they can beat.
      Plus the backups threw 2 picks too. And ya know how many Colt has thrown all year 1!
      Graunke his backup has thrown 4 and the other guy only played against scrubs on a I-AA team
      Way to exploit statistics

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Didn't the backup throw 2 picks too?

Comment

I have some concerns about Colt Brennan ... but it has less to do with system than it has to do with overall QB IQ and read/vision ability, which admittedly is hard to gauge due to the system.

Comment

Brennan just has too much against him. For one, Woodson and Brohm are just better talents. Then, you must consider his age and his concerning history. And lastly, you have to factor in that the offense he's in lets him pass 60 times a game, which inflates his stats. Personally, I think he's the 6th best QB in this class from a pure prospect stand point. I think Eric Ainge and Matt Ryan grade better than him. He may end up higher than Henne, due to Chad's injury and not playing.
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

52%, 7.5 ypa, 5:2 TD/INT.

77%, 9.5 ypa, 12:1 TD/INT.

I can see how those are the same. :/

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

can someone block these spam bots?

Comment

Reread that part in your post "against a bad D-1AA team".

Comment

So let me understand your logic. Any QB that plays well in a successful quarterback has no skill on his own. Let's say Peyton Manning or Brett Favre threw up similar statistics in that offense, would they be system QBs too? These system QB arguments are getting out of hand because people jump to conclusions without any substantial argument or evidence. You can't just give up on a prospect because of what team he plays for, any QB from this class could be throwing for Hawaii right now. The same argument would be applied to them in that instance. It's stupid. I know NFL GMs don't care about this bogus "argument". Kevin Kolb was one of the most underrated QBs in years (by the media), but Philly made him the 3rd QB in the draft (surprise). Alex Smith was a #1 pick. These "system QBs" do have talent, you know? Usually they're more mobile too, so that's actually a bonus in favor of system QBs.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

look at the completion % and INTs draftguru posted. the backup graunke has now thrown for 4 picks against two 1AA teams. also his % is significantly lower than brennan's. if you want to bring up numbers, learn how to compare them before your next bold proclamation.

Comment

Originally posted by hot route View Post
                        look at the completion % and INTs draftguru posted. the backup graunke has now thrown for 4 picks against two 1AA teams. also his % is significantly lower than brennan's. if you want to bring up numbers, learn how to compare them before your next bold proclamation.

lets also remember that they are back-up qb's and didnt have the advantage of all the reps in practice with the 1st team and yrs of experience as brennan.

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                          So let me understand your logic. Any QB that plays well in a successful quarterback has no skill on his own. Let's say Peyton Manning or Brett Favre threw up similar statistics in that offense, would they be system QBs too? These system QB arguments are getting out of hand because people jump to conclusions without any substantial argument or evidence. You can't just give up on a prospect because of what team he plays for, any QB from this class could be throwing for Hawaii right now. The same argument would be applied to them in that instance. It's stupid. I know NFL GMs don't care about this bogus "argument". Kevin Kolb was one of the most underrated QBs in years (by the media), but Philly made him the 3rd QB in the draft (surprise). Alex Smith was a #1 pick. These "system QBs" do have talent, you know? Usually they're more mobile too, so that's actually a bonus in favor of system QBs.
                          Kolb, Beck, Smith.. All Considered System QB's and there's 2 2nd rounders and a #1 overall pick..

I think Brennan is the #3 QB in this draft.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

You just made a case for your self as much as you made a case against yourself, Colt Brennan puts those numbers up against D-I defenses in 1 HALF with a better completion percentage and against good D's one game. This guy did it against Charleston Southern, I hope he can do that against Charleston their D-II, otherwise he has no business playing D-I (Not saying Brennan is automatic 1st Round Material but he definently should get a honest look). Watch Brennan play before you critic him, because you can tell hes special by the way he plays.
                            Last edited by CARDIAC CAT 7; 09-23-2007, 10:20 PM.

Comment

i use to think the same thing till I really watched him. While the system does still make me cautious he has all the physical tools and looks like a natural QB back there. Actually watch him and don't just throw him in with other system QB's. Just because other players play well in a system that might not do well in another system doesnt make him any worse.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information