Malcolm Jenkins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malcolm Jenkins

What's the scouting report on this guy? He has very good size for CB, could he play Free Safety?

Why would you want to put him at FS lol. Hes a tremendous cover corner and one of my favorite prospects in the whole draft. Good size, speed, production. Excellent ball skills and jump. To be honest I have yet to find something about him I dont like.

Comment

because my team needs a FS and already has a CB theyre grooming to be their #2...and they wont pick high enough for kenny phillips

Comment

Originally posted by foozball View Post
        because my team needs a FS and already has a CB theyre grooming to be their #2...and they wont pick high enough for kenny phillips
        Wel if thats the case than they prob wont be taking a first round corner.

Comment

He actually plays free safety a lot in the OSU nickel package when they put Andy Russell at NB and Chimdi Chekwa comes in as the LCB. I'm not sure why they do this, something to do with the important parts of Tressel's zone defense...but against tougher competition like Washington and eventually against Wisky, PSU, UM, etc. he plays CB more in the nickel with Russell moving to safety again. Best all around corner in the country.

Comment

Malcolm is easily the best Cover Corner in this draft, he has good size, and great speed(he was on the 4 by 4 relay for ohio State over the summer) and could also very well be the most physical CB in the draft as well, he loves contact and you will often see him trying to get in on some of the hitting. He is a vocal leader at tOSU and a very very high energy guy(kid is always jumping around after play and getting hyped, and he always lead the pow-wow things before the game)
            Could he be a saftey? Sure he could, we have been moving him to saftey on nickle because no QB's ever throw his way, and tressle wanted a way for Malcolm to use his Ball hawking skills, so yes he could be, but he is way better off at CB because of his Cover skills.

Comment

Under rated. All tOSu guys are now under rated. he could be the most NFL 'ready' Cb in college.
              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Top ten pick in my opinion. Great size and instincts.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

I forgot to mention, he is also very young. I believe he just turned 19, or 20 can't remember.

Comment

I'm an Ohio State fan and like keylime said he does do some deep zones on certain packages but I'm not sold on him as a safety. As a corner, absolutely, but his recognition/reaction when covering the deep zones is inconsist. Like against Washington for example, there was one instance where he was late and a big play was given up, and there was another instance where he got over to pick one off. He'd probably adjust fine with more looks but I just prefer him as a corner.

Comment

I'm a Michigan fan, but I can appreciate Jenkins skills. No way do you move a corner as talented as he is. I'm sure he could play safety, but why would you move him?

Originally posted by Jakey
                      WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by T.Smith View Post
                        Malcolm is easily the best Cover Corner in this draft
                        Malcom isn't the best cover corner in his conference, let alone the entire draft.

Comment

K, my team is the Houston Texans. Our secondary is crap outside of Dunta Robinson. We've got the playmakergiverupper in Demarcus Faggins as our current #2 CB, and we have Fred Bennett waiting in the wings. He was impressive in camp and did well in the preseason and has drawn much praise from the coaching staff. He's had some injury problems, but nothing major, so he hasn't seen the field yet.

We've got a respectable nickle corner in Jamar Fletcher, and I think we will bring him back next year.

We don't have a free safety...at all. We could really use a physical player with good ballskills. Quintin Demps would be nice in the 3rd round, but I don't think he'll last that far. Even though CB is a premier position, we've at least got some depth there with Fletcher and Bennett. We've pretty much had two strong safeties playing for the past 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by foozball View Post
                            K, my team is the Houston Texans. Our secondary is crap outside of Dunta Robinson. We've got the playmakergiverupper in Demarcus Faggins as our current #2 CB, and we have Fred Bennett waiting in the wings. He was impressive in camp and did well in the preseason and has drawn much praise from the coaching staff. He's had some injury problems, but nothing major, so he hasn't seen the field yet.

We've got a respectable nickle corner in Jamar Fletcher, and I think we will bring him back next year.

We don't have a free safety...at all. We could really use a physical player with good ballskills. Quintin Demps would be nice in the 3rd round, but I don't think he'll last that far. Even though CB is a premier position, we've at least got some depth there with Fletcher and Bennett. We've pretty much had two strong safeties playing for the past 3 years.
                            So trade up for Phillips

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                              Malcom isn't the best cover corner in his conference, let alone the entire draft.
                              You keep saying that to yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information