Junior RB Rankings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junior RB Rankings

This class is by far and away better than this year's Senior class, so I think they deserve there own thread.

Here is a list of draft-eligible Junior RBs who I think may declare...

1. Darren McFadden, Arkansas ...duh
    2. Steve Slaton, West Virginia ...not a lock as the 2nd best
    3. Ray Rice, Rutgers ...a rich man's Mike Hart
    4. Felix Jones, Arkansas ...another Ronnie Brown/Caddilac Williams situation
    5. Jonathan Stewart, Oregon ...despite build, hasn't been very durable
    6. James Davis, Clemson ...good all-around profile
    7. Marlon Lucky, Nebraska ...good tools, but has dissapeared in some big games
    8. Jamaal Charles, Texas ...not the most physical runner on this list, but FAST
    9. Rashard Mendenhall, Illinois ...stock skyrocketing
    10. Ian Johnson, Boise State ...stock dropping
    11. Branden Ore, Virginia Tech* ...stock plumetting

*3rd year Sophmore

There are a few other guys to watch, but I was focusing on guys that may come out in '08.

There is plenty to debate amongst these players, but all have NFL starter potential IMO.

1-McFadden
    2-Slaton
    3-Stewart
    4-Davis
    5-Jones
    6-Charles
    7-Rice
    8-Mendenhall
    9-Lucky
    10-Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by aposulli View Post
      How the hell is Ray Rice a rich man's Mike Hart?

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
        How the hell is Ray Rice a rich man's Mike Hart?
        Obviously they are very similar players, I just think Rice is more durable and a bit stronger and has a better burst. He's also one year younger, which at the very least, gives him more time to improve upon his pass-catching and blocking. We'll find out if he's faster come workout time.
        Last edited by aposulli; 09-26-2007, 10:42 AM.

Comment

wow... even if a few of those guys come out, the senior class should still be very strong next year.
          Let's get it done Spaziani.

Belichick might be an a-hole... but I'd rather have an a-hole that wins than one that doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by aposulli View Post
            LMAO. Ray Rice is Mike Hart with worse vision, worse pass blocking, worse ball security, and worse stamina. Not to mention Rice faces much weaker run-defenses and isn't the leader that Hart is.
            I'm a state.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
              LMAO. Ray Rice is Mike Hart with worse vision, worse pass blocking, worse ball security, and worse stamina. Not to mention Rice faces much weaker run-defenses and isn't the leader that Hart is.
              ?? worse vision, secruity? have you ever watched ray rice? those are 2 of his biggst strenghts. his stamina is very good as well, but after seeing Hart against psu, he took 40 carries fine, but dropped significantly after that. Blocking, neither are superb blockers, but both get the job done.

Rice not the leader? wow, i cant believe you honestly said that. thats unbelievable. please watch some Ray Rice before posting on his negatives(which are really his strong points...)
              We ALL bleed scarlet
              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                ?? worse vision, secruity? have you ever watched ray rice? those are 2 of his biggst strenghts. his stamina is very good as well, but after seeing Hart against psu, he took 40 carries fine, but dropped significantly after that. Blocking, neither are superb blockers, but both get the job done.

Rice not the leader? wow, i cant believe you honestly said that. thats unbelievable. please watch some Ray Rice before posting on his negatives(which are really his strong points...)
                Basically because Hart has "taken lead" of Michigan he used it as a knock on Ray Rice without even knowing anything about him.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
                  Basically because Hart has "taken lead" of Michigan he used it as a knock on Ray Rice without even knowing anything about him.
                  yea, I'm not putting down Hart's leadership at all(my respect grew for him tremendously during the PSU game), but I mean come on, know something about Rice before knocking him
                  We ALL bleed scarlet
                  New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                  UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                  Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                  BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

1. Darren McFadden
                    2. Jonathan Stewart
                    3. James Davis
                    4. Steve Slaton
                    5. Kevin Smith
                    6. Ray Rice
                    7. Felix Jones
                    8. Rashard Mendenhall
                    9. Ian Johnson
                    10.Jamaal Charles
                    My teams:
                    St. Louis Rams
                    Michigan Wolverines
                    Southern Miss Golden Eagles

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                      Worse vision, worse pass blocking, worse ball security, worse stamina? That's ridiculous on all counts.

They're basically the same player, but Rice seems to be a tad faster. Neither is really a burner though.

BTW, I really like Mendenhall as the sleeper of this group.

Comment

1. Darren McFadden, Arkansas (The consensus #1 RB, regardless of class)
                        2. James Davis, Clemson (Call me crazy, but I love the way he plays. Good combination of power and speed)
                        3. Jonathan Stewart, Oregon (If his rumored high 4.3, low 4.4 are legit he moves up a spot)
                        4. Felix Jones, Arkansas (I think he'd be a top 20 pick if he wasn't splitting carries with McFadden)
                        5. Steve Slaton, West Virgina (When I watch him I see a great college player, but only a pretty good pro prospect)

Comment

1. Darren McFadden
                          2. Jonathan Stewart
                          3. James Davis
                          4. Felix Jones
                          5. Jamaal Charles

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post

Security may be on of Rice's best asset's, but can you honestly argue that really anyone is in Mike Hart's class when it comes to holding on to the ball? I don't even think that's a knock on Rice at all, but come on, Hart is unbelievable when it comes to protecting the ball.

Originally posted by Jakey
                            WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
                              Security may be on of Rice's best asset's, but can you honestly argue that really anyone is in Mike Hart's class when it comes to holding on to the ball? I don't even think that's a knock on Rice at all, but come on, Hart is unbelievable when it comes to protecting the ball.
                              He sure is. What's he got, 3 total fumbles and one lost in his career? Ridiculous. It's gonna be so weird next year when Brown/Minor/Grady/McGuffie fumble, won't be used to it. Mind you, it's bad now because whenever Brown or Minor come in I hold my breath.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information