Mock Draft Updated - 9/28

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mock Draft Updated - 9/28

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have updated my mock draft and there were a lot of changes in terms of the draft order and players. I also upped the number of underclassmen included from 10 to 12, basically because this senior class is not all that strong.

Feel free to discuss the mock in this thread and as always bring on the constructive criticism but be sure to explain your reasoning.

You can check it out via the link on the main page and as always please don't direct link in this thread. Feel free to click on some ads if you see something that interests you too! :)

Note - If the date at the top of the page isn't September 28, 2007 then you aren't viewing the latest version and probably need to refresh or clear your cache.
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

still no earl bennett? sigh, oh well

Comment

No agruments w/ the Mcfadden pick. Just thinking about a Mcfadden/Barber duo, gives me chills.

I def. agree that we need a corner w/ our second first but, Ikegwuonu scares me a bit. There is no denying his talent but, he had some serious charges brought up against him. Great talent but, that burglary charge raises some big character concerns.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
        still no earl bennett? sigh, oh well
        Even if I put Earl Bennett into the player pool he wouldn't be a first rounder. I like him and he's a good player but not a first round-type in my opinion. 2nd round? Sure.

EDIT: He kind of reminds me of a Steve Smith or Keary Colbert.
        Last edited by Scott Wright; 09-28-2007, 08:51 AM.
        Scott Wright, President
        Draft Countdown.com
        www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

Scott, sadly I think the Bears will be picking sooner in the draft. Right now we have lost our CBs for a few weeks, plus Harris. Our offense is hopefully going to improve w/ Griese in, and hopefully it will be enough. That said, I dont like the Chad Henne pick. There were a lot of comparisons to Grossman here, and we hate Grossman in Chicago. Since Matt Ryan is unavaliable, I would give us an OL b/c our guys are the oldest in the NFL. JDB or Erik Ainge (who I love) could be had in the 2nd round for us, and then either a WR/RB/OL in the 3rd.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
          who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

I like the idea of upgrading the Buccaneer's under tackle depth and think that Sedrick Ellis is a realistic option for the Buc's if they end up picking in the middle of the first round. I also think that a WR of some description would be a decent pick.

Comment

Though Glenn Dorsey is a great player....
              John McCargo has looked very good this year so far

Comment

Originally posted by bearfan View Post
                Scott, sadly I think the Bears will be picking sooner in the draft. Right now we have lost our CBs for a few weeks, plus Harris. Our offense is hopefully going to improve w/ Griese in, and hopefully it will be enough. That said, I dont like the Chad Henne pick. There were a lot of comparisons to Grossman here, and we hate Grossman in Chicago. Since Matt Ryan is unavaliable, I would give us an OL b/c our guys are the oldest in the NFL. JDB or Erik Ainge (who I love) could be had in the 2nd round for us, and then either a WR/RB/OL in the 3rd.
                I really don't see the Grossman comparisons with Henne. If anything Matt Ryan is closer to Grossman.
                Scott Wright, President
                Draft Countdown.com
                www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

First time I think I have ever said this concering a Giants pick in one of Scott's mock drafts, but horrible pick for the Giants. You basically could have given us the BPA at any defensive position but DE and I would have been happy. Giants would never take a RB that high. If anything they have shown that they are a very above average run blocking unit under Coughlin and can make guys better than they probably really are.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                    I really don't see the Grossman comparisons with Henne. If anything Matt Ryan is closer to Grossman.
                    Grossman and Henne are similar physically. As far as size and body type.

Comment

I can't complain about the falcons pick for obvious reasons, I would rather have Mcfadden and wait for a QB in the 2nd. But if Leftwhich or Harrington doesn't improve that probley won't happen.

Comment

For the Bengals:

A new stud defensive tackle would be good, but they desperately need linebackers. Of all the linebackers on the roster, only 4 are signed beyond this season, and that includes Pollack and Thurman. Keith Rivers would be a tremendous pick at that point, and a great fit in the hole at weak side linebacker.

Comment

I like Sam Baker but unbelievably Raiders O-line is not playing that bad in fact it is a lot better than last season and I mean a lot better. Raiders drafted Mario Henderson who will take over for Barry Sims in the near future because he fits the ZBS so well. I think Lane Kiffin will give him a shot at being the LT. Raiders big problem is the D-line with Sapp 34 and Burgess 29 and may be looking for a new contract after the season, he could be gone. With Dorsey and Campbell gone in your mock, I would have liked to see Raiders go Chris Long or Sedrick Ellis.
                          Last edited by NIN1984; 09-28-2007, 08:43 AM.
                          Taking a Knapp.

Comment

I hope you didn't drop Early Doucet out of the first round just because he's missed a couple of games because of a freak groin pull. The guy's a stud. Once he has a big game against Florida and the rest of the SEC not to mention once he works out at the combine I suspect he'll go first round. Early's quick, great route runner, good hands and is as strong as an ox. If he can catch those bullets from Russell he can catch them from any NFL QB.
                            Last edited by constant cough; 09-28-2007, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by constant cough View Post
                              I hope you didn't drop Early Doucet out of the first round just because he's missed a couple of games because of a freak groin pull. The guy's a stud. Once he has a big game against Florida and the rest of the SEC not to mention once he works out at the combine I suspect he'll go first round. Early's quick, great route runner, good hands and is as strong as an ox.
                              The big thing with Doucet is that he's not necessarily special in any regard. He's big enough but not huge. His timed speed is okay but certainly not eye-popping. With his measurables I think he has to really show something this year to get into the first round and to this point he hasn't done that yet.
                              Scott Wright, President
                              Draft Countdown.com
                              www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information