NFLDC, Settle this argument...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFLDC, Settle this argument...

Got in this argument on another board, figured there was no better place to ask for unbiased, informed opinions...

Darren McFadden coming out after this season...Or Ricky Williams coming out back in 1998. Which is the better college football RB, and which is the better prospect coming out?

as much as i want to say darren mcfadden the hype isnt nearly as close to what ricky got back in 98...better prospect comin out mcfadden. ricky got more hype cuz he played at a winning program at texas compared to an average arkansas team.

Comment

Ricky Williams got a lot of hype, but we have yet to see exactly how much McFadden gets. I think McFadden might be the slightly better college player, but it's tough to say before he even finishes his junior season.

As for who is the better prospect, a lot is going to come down to the kind of times and number McFadden posts at the combine or at his pro day.

Comment

No one likes to agree with me on this, but I feel McFadden plays in as much of a gimmicky offense as Colt Brennan does. I feel both are very good pro prospects, but both of their numbers are a little deceptive. He is still the #1 RB this year and I do see him having a successful career, but not on an elite level.

Originally posted by Halsey
        I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Ricky Williams was the better college running back.

Darren McFadden is the better pro prospect.
          Scott Wright, President
          Draft Countdown.com
          www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
          www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
            No one likes to agree with me on this, but I feel McFadden plays in as much of a gimmicky offense as Colt Brennan does. I feel both are very good pro prospects, but both of their numbers are a little deceptive. He is still the #1 RB this year and I do see him having a successful career, but not on an elite level.
            I seem to recall similar statements being made about LaDainian Tomlinson.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
              Ricky Williams was the better college running back.

Darren McFadden is the better pro prospect.
              What separates the two as prospects in your mind?

Comment

Originally posted by Crow View Post
                A dime bag?

Comment

Originally posted by Crow View Post
                  McFadden has a lot more speed and big play ability.
                  Scott Wright, President
                  Draft Countdown.com
                  www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                  www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by underscore View Post
                    A dime bag?
                    hahaha thats funny.
                    Originally posted by nvot9
                    I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                    Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                    Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                    Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                    Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

I'd go with McFadden as a prospect - for the reasons Scott said, basically. He also opens up an offense more than Williams does - he can even take snaps at quarterback, as we've seen. Williams was basically a slightly better version of Cedric Benson coming out, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Fence View Post
                        Got in this argument on another board, figured there was no better place to ask for unbiased, informed opinions...

Darren McFadden coming out after this season...Or Ricky Williams coming out back in 1998. Which is the better college football RB, and which is the better prospect coming out?
                        Ricky Williams for me. I Ricky didnt have all his troubles he could have been an all-time great. If I were to build a RB he would look and play an awful lot like Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Fence View Post

better college football RB was probably Ricky.

better prospect would probably be McFadden.

Certainly, some will view things differently ... and it is debatable. But if McFadden runs well, he should be viewed as an elite prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                            as much as i want to say darren mcfadden the hype isnt nearly as close to what ricky got back in 98...better prospect comin out mcfadden. ricky got more hype cuz he played at a winning program at texas compared to an average arkansas team.
                            I don't know if you're old enough to remember this, but Texas wasn't much of a powerhouse when Ricky was there. They were just coming off the Akers/McWilliams/Mackovic era (a complete mess) and had gone through about 15 years of mediocrity. The highest UT finished during Williams' time on the 40 Acres was 14th, and that was during his freshman season. They finished 4-7 his junior year. They were just beginning their rise under Mack during Williams' senior year, so McFadden's and Williams' teams are/were about the same as far as national notoriety goes.

Comment

i like ricky cuz he could take a hit and give them out too mcfadden i love him but he runs upright and has small legs

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information