Chase Daniel QB Missouri

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chase Daniel QB Missouri

i love watching this kid play, has great leadership. has a great arm and can beat you with his legs, my question is seeing that he is only 6'0 is his future in the nfl like Troy Smiths as career backup? or could he possibly be the next Drew Brees and start for an nfl team?.......also, is he an early or late draft pick?

Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
    i love watching this kid play, has great leadership. has a great arm and can beat you with his legs, my question is seeing that he is only 6'0 is his future in the nfl like Troy Smiths as career backup? or could he possibly be the next Drew Brees and start for an nfl team?.......also, is he an early or late draft pick?
    i think its unfair to call Troy Smith a career backup when he hasnt even got a chance. but hey thats just me

Comment

Daniel is built like a LB at 6-0 240, he runs like a RB, and he has a very accurate and strong arm. He is a heisman candidate and a great leader who is putting up amazing numbers this year. He is a legitimate 1st round prospect with next years weak crop of senior QBs, but that is just my opinion.

When he signed with Mizzou out of Southlake, Texas, Missouri changed their offense to a spread even though Daniel's senior season of high school football hadn't even started yet. This was to get the returning players accustomed to the spread, even though they already were playing great on offense with Brad Smith at QB. That goes to show you the type of talent he is and how much faith Mizzou has in him.

Comment

Very good collegiate player that, draft value wise, won't go high. I'd guess, if he's drafted as a QB, it'll be late. Some team may give him a shot. Whether or not he succeeds will depend on his work ethic.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
          Very good collegiate player that, draft value wise, won't go high. I'd guess, if he's drafted as a QB, it'll be late. Some team may give him a shot. Whether or not he succeeds will depend on his work ethic.
          he's not like the other 6'0 guys though, he has great tools, he knows how to pass, he has great mechanics

Comment

I like this guy a lot, too. One of my favorite college QBs next year.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'm not a huge Mizzou fan but from what I hear about him he is a gym rat and is always in the film room. Keep in mind he is only a junior. He seems like a hard working guy who has everything but height. I know he is short but I still believe he has round 1 potential with his strength, speed, arm, leadership, and production. He is arguably a top 3 heisman candidate right now.

This Oklahoma game could do wonders for his status as a prospect and as a heisman candidate.

Comment

would love to get Scott's opinion on Chase

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                  Daniel is built like a LB at 6-0 240, he runs like a RB, and he has a very accurate and strong arm. He is a heisman candidate and a great leader who is putting up amazing numbers this year. He is a legitimate 1st round prospect with next years weak crop of senior QBs, but that is just my opinion.

When he signed with Mizzou out of Southlake, Texas, Missouri changed their offense to a spread even though Daniel's senior season of high school football hadn't even started yet. This was to get the returning players accustomed to the spread, even though they already were playing great on offense with Brad Smith at QB. That goes to show you the type of talent he is and how much faith Mizzou has in him.
                  To sum up what you said... He has the arm of Elway, the decision making of Montana, the accuracy of Marino, and the mobility of Steve Young. Man, that is one hell of a QB. =D

Originally posted by Halsey
                  I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

My sister went to school with this kid at southlake carroll, and he is just an offensive machine. Though he is undersized as everyone else has stated, and plays in a college system. So he can be compared to troy smith size wise, but smith played in a nfl type offense. So I would expect him to be drafted lower than troy smith was.

Dallas Cowboys/Denver Broncos/Tennessee Volunteer Fan

Comment

theres several things that separate daniels from smith as a prospect in my mind:
                      -he is the same height but heavier and more solidly built as he is 225+ which is at least 10 pounds heavier
                      -i would say he is a more polished passer and he will leave college with much better numbers
                      -he is more athletic than smith;before you say otherwise, he is reported to run 4.5ish while smith was a mid 4.6 guy and i read an espn story where it said he beat ryan perriloux in a forty yard race coming out of highschool and he ran somewhere in the 4.4s during it.

that combination of extra weight, speed and college production should make him a higher pick than smith in my mind..not to mention his supporting cast (especially wide recievers) can't hold a candle to what smith had

Comment

My opinion on him is that he's a winner. Being a winner is a very important characteristic you want in a QB. He Quarterbacked the best HS team for a while. Now, he's leading Mizzou to success. I'm sure someone will take a chance on him.

Comment

is he a Darnell *******? lol Hack-ney

Comment

I tend to agree. He won't be a high pick unless he can run a 4.5, then he just might get dradfted as a RB.
                            And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                              I tend to agree. He won't be a high pick unless he can run a 4.5, then he just might get dradfted as a RB.
                              you guys are joking yourselfs if you think Daniel is going to play another position in the nfl.......

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information