10/12 Mock Draft Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10/12 Mock Draft Update

As promised I just made the new mock draft update live and I am a lot happier with this version than I was the last.

Feel free to discuss it here and as always constructive criticism is not only welcome but encouraged. Make sure you give reasons and explainations behind you opinions though!

You can find the new mock via the main page and as always please don't direct link in this thread.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/

Note -If you don't see "October 12, 2007" at the top you may need to refresh your browser or clear your cache!
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

I agree that Mike tomlin would love to add a playmaking corner, but i think right now O-Line is a bigger need for us(steelers). With Marvel Smith, Alan Faneca, Max Starks and Chris Kemoeatu's contracts comming to an end, i cant see us resigning all of them. Therefore were going to missing at least one starter, and allot of depth. I dont get to see much colledge football here in the UK, so i cant really say if your wrong or not. Is O-Line not as much as a problem as i think, or is there just no-one worth drafting at that point in round one (picks 25-32). Any response would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Is Cherilus a good fit for the zone blocking scheme? I don't know much about him.
      Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakey View Post
        I agree that Mike tomlin would love to add a playmaking corner, but i think right now O-Line is a bigger need for us(steelers). With Marvel Smith, Alan Faneca, Max Starks and Chris Kemoeatu's contracts comming to an end, i cant see us resigning all of them. Therefore were going to missing at least one starter, and allot of depth. I dont get to see much colledge football here in the UK, so i cant really say if your wrong or not. Is O-Line not as much as a problem as i think, or is there just no-one worth drafting at that point in round one (picks 25-32). Any response would be much appreciated. Thanks.
        Does Max Starks start for you guys? On the depth chart he is listed as a backup, i think. Is that the case? If so what's his main problem? Could he be a guy similiar to Leonard Davis who could be better if moved inside to OG if signed by another team. I ask because The falcons need to get bigger up front.

As of now the Brohm pick to the Falcons seems like the right choice fit-wise, however Bobby passed on Okoye last year so i dont think, come draft day, he will have a problem passing on him for Matt Ryan or Andre Woodson, who both, in my opinion, will wind up more highley rated. This is all provided the Falcons chose to go the QB route.

So scott, a QB is ok in the first but then we need a Left Tackle in the 2nd, Joey Harrington is way way better than our Left Tackle from now on, Renardo Forster UDFA out of Louisville.
        2a) Barry Richardson
        2b) Frank Okam
        Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff; 10-12-2007, 06:48 AM.
        Page 49, Atlanta Falcons Gameday Thread- Best...Page...Ever

Comment

Does Max Starks start for you guys? On the depth chart he is listed as a backup, i think. Is that the case? If so what's his main problem? Could he be a guy similiar to Leonard Davis who could be better if moved inside to OG if signed by another team. I ask because The falcons need to get bigger up front.
          Yeah he's a backup this season, he's a great run blocker but his feet are too slow against speed rushers. In the offseason he looked great but in the preseason he got outplayed, and lost his job. I'm not sure if he'd be any good at guard because he played LT in college and he played RT for us. I do think he's a starting caliber RT, but he's just a bit inconsistent. Last year he dominated Julius Peppers, but gave up 3 sacks to Derrick Burgess. He can be inconsistent but he wouldnt be a bad pickup for the falcons, kepp your eye on him.

Comment

I like the Lions pick Scott, but did you have to be cliche and make that last little comment about Millen taking a WR?

I see that in every mock by everybody.
            R.I.P. L.E.F.
            "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
              I like the Lions pick Scott, but did you have to be cliche and make that last little comment about Millen taking a WR?

I see that in every mock by everybody.
              Because I was doing the same thing last year and Millen did it. Again!

I don't think it's any more crazy this year than last.
              Scott Wright, President
              Draft Countdown.com
              www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
              www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

LOL at Colt Brennan.
                Originally posted by nvot9
                I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

No change in Dallas' 1a pick of McFadden - I think it's a pipe dream, but if it happens I'll be smiling ear to ear.

Dallas' 1b pick is a solid pick, though I don't know much about the guy.

My biggest suprise is seeing Colt Brennan in the 1st round

Mad props to Houshyamomma on FF.com

Comment

Can't complain too much with Sed Ellis in the 1st. He certainly would help us pressure the QB which would make our defense even better.

Comment

I like the idea of getting a big DE for the jets 3-4, but i keep hearing his playing weight is more in the 260-270 range. Is he going to be large enough to play in the 3-4? Becuase, its not like we already have an undersized player playing out of position on our line...oh wait we do hah

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Not trying to be a knit pick here, but there's a few grammatical errors throughout the whole thing.

Good Giants pick.

One other thing, David Garrard has played very well this year. He hasn't thrown an interception in four games and is doing everything the team asks him to. Colt Brennan is not a worthy pick in my eyes. They need offensive line help, a DE, and depth in the secondary over a QB.
                        Last edited by NYGibril28; 10-12-2007, 09:15 AM.

Paul

New York Giants
                        New York Yankees
                        New York Knicks (unfortunately)
                        UConn Basketball
                        Virginia Tech Football
                        UConn Football

Comment

Funny how football works, i still remember mockdrafts having us, as a top 5 or top 10 pick. Still could happen, but from top 5 or 10 pick to the 20s again is a good sight to see.

Comment

good Bears pick, Im glad that the Bears get a good QB prospect.
                            Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
                            Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

I dont really like our pick to much but I cant disagree with it.Whyd you choose Cherilus over Baker.especially since both LT and RT can be upgraded.I thought Baker would be a good LT in the NFL.Plus Kiffin coached him.
                              Last edited by Scott Wright; 10-12-2007, 09:26 AM.
                              "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information