Official Early Entries thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Early Entries thread

This thread is for legitimate rumors of players declaring for the draft early. Do not post here unless you have a website or source backing you up.

Complete listing of early entries here:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=3177600

Davone Bess Wr Hawaii Jr
    http://starbulletin.com/2007/10/10/sports/story02.html

So far most of it is scout speculation and rumor but Bess seems like a strong candidate to leave early with the team losing Colt Brennan to graduation. Bess may not have great size but he is one of the top slot WR prospects and has amazing leaping ability and hands. I would project him as a late 2nd round pick if he declared this year, possibly going to a team like the Chargers that need more speed and dependability at WR

Earl Bennett WR Vanderbilt Jr
    http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=288260

Another incredibly dependable WR. Probably one of the safer picks at WR should he declare for the draft. This is a guy who does just about everything well. I agree with the scout's assement stated in the article in saying he'd be a 1st round pick. Seems like a lock to be a Tennessee Titan if he declares

Joshua Mauga LB Nevada Jr
    http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...16/1029/FALLON

I don't know much about this guy but he has good size at 6'2" 245 and his DC insists he's good enough to bolt this year. Might be a guy to watch for

Martellus Bennett TE Texas A&M
    http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/s...19c21a7db.html

Would probably be the top TE in the draft if he declared. Is a complete TE
    Last edited by diabsoule; 01-15-2008, 10:43 PM.

There are some rumours that Cal C Alex Mack may leave early.
    "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
      There are some rumours that Cal C Alex Mack may leave early.
      Please find a source. i don't want this thread turning into a random insert junior here kind of thread

Comment

Malcolm Jenkins, Darren McFadden, and Desean Jackson are mortal locks to go pro after the season.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
          Malcolm Jenkins, Darren McFadden, and Desean Jackson are mortal locks to go pro after the season.
          malcolm jenkins..not sure hes a LOCK

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
            This thread is for legitimate rumors of players declaring for the draft early. Do not post here unless you have a website or source backing you up.

Davone Bess Wr Hawaii Jr
            http://starbulletin.com/2007/10/10/sports/story02.html

So far most of it is scout speculation and rumor but Bess seems like a strong candidate to leave early with the team losing Colt Brennan to graduation. Bess may not have great size but he is one of the top slot WR prospects and has amazing leaping ability and hands. I would project him as a late 2nd round pick if he declared this year, possibly going to a team like the Chargers that need more speed and dependability at WR

Earl Bennett WR Vanderbilt Jr
            http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=288260

Another incredibly dependable WR. Probably one of the safer picks at WR should he declare for the draft. This is a guy who does just about everything well. I agree with the scout's assement stated in the article in saying he'd be a 1st round pick. Seems like a lock to be a Tennessee Titan if he declares

Joshua Mauga LB Nevada Jr
            http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...16/1029/FALLON

I don't know much about this guy but he has good size at 6'2" 245 and his DC insists he's good enough to bolt this year. Might be a guy to watch for
            EB doesnt say anything about leaving after this year, but if the team can get to a bowl i think he leaves(And wins) ive been on EB and Williams balls now, and people are finally recognizing them, its a proud day for me

dont forget that Vandy plays Georgia and it will be on ESPN2 at 6pm Eastern time

Comment

Heavy speculation that Oklahoma LT Phil Loadholt is gonezo after this season. I don't have a link but someone else on this board (one of the well-respected Giants fans, maybe BBD?) mentioned it.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                Heavy speculation that Oklahoma LT Phil Loadholt is gonezo after this season. I don't have a link but someone else on this board (one of the well-respected Giants fans, maybe BBD?) mentioned it.
                Actually I was the one who stated thatearlier

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                  Actually I was the one who stated thatearlier
                  Well then I apologize for not giving you full credit. Mario Manningham, WR, Michigan is also a potential early entry though he needs another year.

Comment

i doubt Slaton goes; the only way he does is if White goes to, which i highly doubt

reasons why:

1. said he wants to win a national championship, even if it took two years---too lazy to look up, but it was before the season---usa today

2. took out an insurance policy----not uncommon for top prospects, but his was for 2 years---possibly hinting at a return

3. even in a better position for a national championship next year---on offense only lose Schmitt (maybe 1 or 2 on oline); reynaud (if graduates on time), devine, etc all back; only lose wicks, mundy, dykes on defense (rotate a lot of guys in, so all have a lot of expierence; back-up corners are actually better); dingle if he graduates will be back; schedule isnt easy, but manageable (@ colorado, @ ul (minus brohm and maybe urrutia/douglas); home against usf--lose a lot on defense; rugters) put wvu in a good spot to win the NC

i think he comes back

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
                      i doubt Slaton goes; the only way he does is if White goes to, which i highly doubt

reasons why:

1. said he wants to win a national championship, even if it took two years---too lazy to look up, but it was before the season---usa today

2. took out an insurance policy----not uncommon for top prospects, but his was for 2 years---possibly hinting at a return

3. even in a better position for a national championship next year---on offense only lose Schmitt (maybe 1 or 2 on oline); reynaud (if graduates on time), devine, etc all back; only lose wicks, mundy, dykes on defense (rotate a lot of guys in, so all have a lot of expierence; back-up corners are actually better); dingle if he graduates will be back; schedule isnt easy, but manageable (@ colorado, @ ul (minus brohm and maybe urrutia/douglas); home against usf--lose a lot on defense; rugters) put wvu in a good spot to win the NC

i think he comes back

You could also add
                      4. Won't be a QB at the next level and needs all 4 years to polish anything he may have.
                      5. Needs to get the sand out of his vagina in big games and not get "injured"
                      6. WV will still have no defense, hence no NC.

Comment

we have a defense---#6 overall

gave up less than 280 yds and 14 pts to usf; majority of yds came on a busted play, and on 1st drive of 2nd half---after that less than 20 yds

i guess its just our reputation

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank....otdef&site=org

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

we have a defense---#6 overall

gave up less than 280 yds and 14 pts to usf; majority of yds came on a busted play, and on 1st drive of 2nd half---after that less than 20 yds

i guess its just our reputation

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank....otdef&site=org
                          And you've played such juggernauts....haha every time I hear that word I think of Les Miles calling Stanford a juggernaut

Comment

yea, but at least we didnt play that juggernaut in appalachian st

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

yea, but at least we didnt play that juggernaut in appalachian st
                              You're right, because once the game would get close Slaton and White would get "hurt" and all the WV fans could say "The only reason they won was because Douche 1 and Douche 2 got hurt, which they magically seem to do any time a game is close and they might lose"

Let me know when WV does anything in football remotely close to what Michigan's done in their history, and no, not in the ASU way

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information