Run-defending cornerbacks for next year's draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run-defending cornerbacks for next year's draft

I was watching the Falcons game just now, and I thought, "Wow, Atlanta really needs a cornerback who can actually tackle a running back and help slow down the rushing offense of the other team." I'm just wondering who are the best run-stopping cornerbacks in this year's draft, maybe think of around five to ten depends on how many you guys know. And maybe tell me where they will be projected so I can see if I can throw in a cornerback in my future mock draft. Thanks.

DeJuan Tribble might be a little guy but he is probably one of the best run support CBs in the draft. Terrell Thomas is another physical CB that comes to mind

Comment

Justin King- Top 10
      Malcolm Jenkins- Top 15
      Reggie Smith- Top 20
      Antonie Cason- Late 1st Early 2nd
      Mike Jenkins- Late 1st Early 2nd
      Dwight Lowey- Late 2nd Early 3rd
      Tracy Porter- Late 2nd Early 3rd
      Darnell Terrell- Early 4th Late 5th

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
        Justin King- Top 10
        Malcolm Jenkins- Top 15
        Reggie Smith- Top 20
        Antonie Cason- Late 1st Early 2nd
        Mike Jenkins- Late 1st Early 2nd
        Dwight Lowey- Late 2nd Early 3rd
        Tracy Porter- Late 2nd Early 3rd
        Darnell Terrell- Early 4th Late 5th
        King is regarded as a great corner in coverage but a weak tackler so I don't know why you have him #1 on your list. I'd put Jenkins, Smith and Ikegwuonu at the top.

Comment

jenkins, but theyll pick too high for him. prolly ikegwuonu in the 2nd would be nice.

Comment

Mike Jenkins
            Malcolm Jenkins
            DeJuan Tribble are my top 3.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Mike Jenkins has always had problems defending the run...he's been better this season but, it's something he needs to work on. His open field tackling has improved but, it's still not great.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

Chevis Jackson plays the run as good as any CB I've seen this year.

Comment

didn't Atlanta draft Chris Houston? He was pegged as the most physical CB in last year's draft. Where is he?

Paul

New York Giants
                  New York Yankees
                  New York Knicks (unfortunately)
                  UConn Basketball
                  Virginia Tech Football
                  UConn Football

Comment

houston had 5 tackles last night

deangelo hall had 11 tackles, 1 INT, and 4 PBU last night

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                      DeJuan Tribble might be a little guy but he is probably one of the best run support CBs in the draft. Terrell Thomas is another physical CB that comes to mind
                      Yeah Tribble goes about 5-9 185 but he really reminds me of Antoine Winfield because both of them are very physical against the run despite their size. Zack Bowman is another guy who is solid, and I've only watched one full game of Mizzou's Darnell Terrell but he was coming up and making hits the whole day.

Comment

In every Ohio State game I've watched so far this year, Malcolm Jenkins has really stood out with his run support. He has to be one of the best in this year's class.
                        My teams:
                        St. Louis Rams
                        Michigan Wolverines
                        Southern Miss Golden Eagles

Comment

The Giants have RBs who are 250, 230, and 230 lbs. Its going to be hard for CBs to tackle them.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by NYGibril28 View Post
                            didn't Atlanta draft Chris Houston? He was pegged as the most physical CB in last year's draft. Where is he?
                            I never realized that he was a physical CB. Maybe Zimmer's defense always has him utilizing his best asset by constantly sticking him in coverage?

Comment

Originally posted by MLibid View Post
                              I was watching the Falcons game just now, and I thought, "Wow, Atlanta really needs a cornerback who can actually tackle a running back and help slow down the rushing offense of the other team." I'm just wondering who are the best run-stopping cornerbacks in this year's draft, maybe think of around five to ten depends on how many you guys know. And maybe tell me where they will be projected so I can see if I can throw in a cornerback in my future mock draft. Thanks.
                              LoL the falcons dont have a CB who can cover a WR, much less tackle a RB. As far as runstopping corners the best I've seen are Malcolm Jenkins, Chevis Jackson, and Dwight Lowery.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information