QB's: Discuss

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QB's: Discuss

In my blog today (which you can read at http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/blog/wrightstuff.html) I talked about how at this point I don't see any of the quarterback prospects, including Brohm, Woodson and Ryan, as "elite" prospects.

I thought it might be an interesting discussion to see if you guys thought any or all of them were franchise-type guys and why or why not.

Discuss amongst yourselves...
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

I posted a thread about it, but how do you see Ainge stacking up against these guys? Is he a 2nd rounder, 3rd rounder, possibility to jump into the late 1st? What are the negatives on him?

Comment

So how far below last year's top 2 are this year's crop? At this stage, of course.

Comment

I agree none of them may be "elite" QBs but they can all be very good QBs

Comment

I think Woodson is pushing on elite. When all is said and done, I think he is a top 5 pick.

Comment

I am hoping that Woodson can play/workout-warrior his way into the being the top QB.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Weird how you talk about Brennan being a 2nd round pick in your blog, but a few days ago when you released your mock draft you had him going in the 1st round. Did the game against San Jose State set him back a little for you?
              Originally posted by nvot9
              I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
              Indianapolis Colts 13-3
              Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
              Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
              Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

I think Woodson is becoming elite. Two big wins against Louisville and LSU with 4th quarter drives. I think he has seperated himself from Brohm. His pocket prescence and "calmness" are things that stand out to me.

Comment

The more I think about it, the more I think there's a gap after the top three (Woodson, Ryan, Brohm) myself. All three guys are great quarterback prospects (Top 15/20 picks) in my mind. Elite? Probably not, but then I'm not 100 percent sure I'd call Darren McFadden an elite runningback prospect, the more I think about that. Not that that changes McFadden being the top runningback on the board, you understand.
                  Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                    I think Woodson is pushing on elite. When all is said and done, I think he is a top 5 pick.
                    The way he played against LSU impressed me. If he gets the win against Florida imo there is no doubt that he is a top 5 pick.
                    I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                    Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                    Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

I still think Ainge may be the best QB of this bunch.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Ainge definately has the nicest-sounding name.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I think that Colt Brennan will be the best QB to come of this draft class. Woodson, Brohm, and Ryan will all be starters for a long time for various organizations, but I think Brennan is the one who has a chance to be a Pro Bowl caliber player. For me he has the "IT" factor. He just looks, acts, plays like he has the confidence and ability to do anything. He makes bad deicisions at times, but he can make so many throws and he gets the job done. The other QBs are very nice prospects, but they don't bring to the table what Colt Brennan does.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                            I think that Colt Brennan will be the best QB to come of this draft class. Woodson, Brohm, and Ryan will all be starters for a long time for various organizations, but I think Brennan is the one who has a chance to be a Pro Bowl caliber player. For me he has the "IT" factor. He just looks, acts, plays like he has the confidence and ability to do anything. He makes bad deicisions at times, but he can make so many throws and he gets the job done. The other QBs are very nice prospects, but they don't bring to the table what Colt Brennan does.
                            The ability to do anything against the worst schedule in all of college football.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                            Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                            Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                              Ainge definately has the nicest-sounding name.
                              He has the size, arm strength and accuracy to be a solid QB.

If I'm a team that needs to fill some spots (Atlanta here's looking to you) I go OL 1 and 2a then grab Ainge at 2b. He's going to be a good one.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information