Ray Rice or Mike Hart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray Rice or Mike Hart

Which of these RB's do you think will get drafted first? Who should get drafted first? Both are undersized backs with good but not great speed. But both have been very productive. Mike Hart is a bit more proven but Ray Rice may have more upside. I can see a team like the Packers possibly taking one of these guys late in the 1st round.

i'd love to have Mike Hart... i think he's gonna be a solid pro, he never fumbles, and he'd be great for the Bears.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

They are very similar players. They're both 5'9" (Hart is 190 and Rice is 200) and have average speed (4.55-ish). Both are being run into the ground at their respective programs. Hart's biggest knock is the mileage he has on him, but if Rice stays for his senior year he is on pace for more carries. I think the best case scenario for both is late 2nd/early 3rd.

Comment

They are both used very heavily so teams will be wary of their mileage.

I like Ray Rice a lot more. Just a tougher runner imo. Nasty stiff arm. More shifty. Love his balance. Showcasing better receiving skills this year.

That said, Hart will be drafted ahead of Rice, imo.

Comment

According to Michigan's website, Mike is actually listed at 202 PL. I'd be willing to bet that's actually pretty close to right. I've said it many times, I like both of them, but based on measurables, I agree with PL that best case for them both is probably late second/early third. As for who I like more, it's Hart, but I'm a Michigan guy, and this debate always ends up divided along Rutgers/Michigan fan lines.

Originally posted by Jakey
          WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Ray Rice may be the sweetest player of all time. But Hart never fumbles. I also dont see Ray Rice coming out this year.
            We ALL bleed scarlet
            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

I honestly think Rice would be stupid to come out this year depending on what other junior backs declare. He could conceivably have alot less competition in the draft next year.

Comment

Mike Hart is an awesome blocker as well, havent really paid attention to Rice in pass protection but blitzers do not get past Mike Hart when he stays in to block. In the Oregon game when Michigan was getting destroyed & Hart was ticked off he completely decked a 260lb DE and knocked him backwards on a block.

Comment

This is what Mel Kiper had to say about Mike Hart recently(not insider, don't worry)

"In the scouting profession, we always like to find players who, pound for pound, are the best at their position. At the top of my list is Michigan senior Mike Hart. The deceptively strong 5-foot-8, 200-pound running back has enjoyed a phenomenal career in Ann Arbor.

At the Big House against Purdue, Hart ran effectively with the ball in his hands; but what consistently gets your attention is the way he gets the job done as a blocker in blitz pickup situations. In this area, he has few peers.

Against the Boilermakers, Hart ran for 102 yards on 21 carries -- all with two minutes to go in the first half. He also had touchdown runs of 11 and 9 yards. On his 21st carry, Hart was sidelined with an ankle injury and never returned to the field. As college football fans, let's hope he's ready to go Saturday at Illinois.

Hart's durability and dependability amaze me. To see him limp off the field Saturday was a rarity. So far in 2007, he has carried the ball 200 times, with 30 carries or more in games against Northwestern, Penn State and Notre Dame. Hart already has surpassed 1,000 yards, is averaging 5.4 yards per carry and has 12 touchdowns.

Hart is only 5-foot-8 and lacks big-time speed, so it would be easy to label him as just another great collegiate running back with so-so NFL potential. However, I don't believe that's the case. With his versatility, tremendous desire to excel and unmatched consistency from week to week, Hart is not only one of the top five Heisman candidates at this point but also a very good NFL prospect who should figure to be a first-day selection."

Although I think both might come in at a hair over 5'9", rather than the 5'8" Kiper is saying, And I don't know much about Rice's blocking ability, I think that the first paragraph and the last paragraph are good descriptions of both players. I still like Hart more, but again, I never claimed not to be a homer.

Comment

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see both Hart and Rice measure in at 5'8".

Comment

there are some players, who despite their physical measurables, just get the job done no matter what. both hart and rice are those type of players.

Comment

I love Mike Hart. No pun intended, but he has the most heart I've seen out of a collegiate player this year. During the Oregon game, I believe, he got hurt and was walking off the field, and then suddenly stopped his replacement Minor from coming onto the feild and pointed him to go back to the sideline. The next play, a LB or DE came in unblocked and Mike ran up and decked him in the chest with his hands, not dive at his legs to get him on the ground, and his block stopped the defender in his tracks! He did that while being hurt! Somebody mentioned his pass blocking skills, which are very good. Not to mention, you can't argue with the production. Rice is no slouch though, and probably has the higher ceiling. But with Hart, you know you're getting a solid RB who never fumbles, is extremely durable, and is a great leader. I'd take him over Rice as of right now.
                        Last edited by TitanHope; 10-21-2007, 11:35 PM.
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                          I actually wouldn't be surprised to see both Hart and Rice measure in at 5'8".
                          I actually wouldn't be surprised if rice were close to 5'7. Ive stood pretty close to him, and he is really short. However, I am a really terrible judge of height.

Comment

Any team that has a ZBS running attack would benefit from drafting Hart.

Hart's instincts in a ZBS is what makes him a great NFL prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                              I love Mike Hart. No pun intended, but he has the most heart I've seen out of a collegiate player this year. During the Oregon game, I believe, he got hurt and was walking off the field, and then suddenly stopped his replacement Minor from coming onto the feild and pointed him to go back to the sideline. The next play, a LB or DE came in unblocked and Mike ran up and decked him in the chest with his hands, not dive at his legs to get him on the ground, and his block stopped the defender in his tracks! He did that while being hurt! Somebody mentioned his pass blocking skills, which are very good. Not to mention, you can't argue with the production. Rice is no slouch though, and probably has the higher ceiling. But with Hart, you know you're getting a solid RB who never fumbles, is extremely durable, and is a great leader. I'd take him over Rice as of right now.
                              One of the most BAMF plays I've seen in a while this side of Tim Tebow.

I can't believe we only have 5 games left with that little guy :( It's gonna be so damn weird watching someone else carry the ball 46,781 times per game.

But back to the question.

Size: Wash
                              Speed: Rice
                              Vision: Hart
                              Pass Protection: Hart
                              Receiving: Rice (Hart CAN catch, they just never throw him the ball)
                              Ball Security: Hart
                              Balance: Hart
                              Shiftiness: Hart

I give the edge to Hart in a lot of categories (yeah I'm a homer shoot me) but it's not a huge edge. Rice isn't far behind in those categories.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information