Sedrick Ellis - Top 5?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sedrick Ellis - Top 5?

He is having a great season and is looking dominant. He's 6'1 300 and is expected to run a sub 5.0 forty. Extremely strong player with great quickness. In 8 games this year he has 6.5 Sacks, 9 TFL and 39 tackles. He also has 5 knock downs. If Dorsey goes top three, could Sedrick Ellis be a Top 5 pick? Personally I think so. If a team like the Saints or the Bengals who need a DT end up with a Top 5 pick he could definitely be an option.

Top 5 is a possibility, I've been putting him about 6th or 7th for weeks.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

This guy is so underrated it's not even funny. Any other year and he'd be the clear cut #1 DT. I think top 5 is pushing it, but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Comment

if we didnt have Wilfork..this is the guy i would want in draft :)

look for a team like the Jets to pick him

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
          if we didnt have Wilfork..this is the guy i would want in draft :)

look for a team like the Jets to pick him
          He fits much better as a 4-3 DT, and it is tough having two DTs picked in the top 5.

Originally posted by Halsey
          I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

I'm not sure that Ellis is actually 300 lbs and it wouldn't surprise me to see him weigh in right now somewhere in the 280's. That said, I think he may very well end up being a top 10 pick.

Comment

He sure looks a lot bigger than 280 in that picture.

Comment

I think his spot in the first round will largely be decided by the combine and Senior Bowl. He could make a big push upwards like Amobi Okoye (although he could end up even higher) or he could slip a bit into the late teens. I think his height and weight will be something a lot of teams look closely at because his body looks maxed out already and I haven't seen any accurate meaurables on him.

Teams tend to fall in love with physical specimens at the DT position come draft time and I'm just not sold that Ellis is at a high enough level in that respect to be chosen near the top of the first round.

Comment

Top 15? Meh... Top 10-15... Yes.

Comment

Just waiting for someone to say they've been saying Ellis was better than Dorsey for a while now...

Comment

Dorsey>Granger>Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                        Top 5 is a possibility, I've been putting him about 6th or 7th for weeks.
                        Yeah, I've noticed that in your mocks and completely agreed with it, as I've thought/said for some time that I think Ellis will end up as a Top 10 pick in the Draft. A 3 tech tackle with his explosion and ability will find at least one suitor in that area of the Draft.
                        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                          Top 15? Meh... Top 10-15... Yes.

lol, 10-15 is top 15... I don't know what you are "meh-ing" about.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            Just waiting for someone to say they've been saying Ellis was better than Dorsey for a while now...
                            I've been saying it for months.

...on another board.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                              I had him as the #3 overall Senior and said he was barely below Dorsey coming in to the season if that counts.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Originally posted by Emmitt Smith
                              Donít quit, donít even quit.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information