Kevin Smith

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Smith

Forgive me if this is an ignorant post. I've heard Kevin Smith mentioned as a late 1st-early 2nd round pick on this site... Can someone give me a synopsis of his skillset?

Thanks.

a tall runner who has excellent quickness and change of direction. has improved alot in his receiving game which was always his knock so that should improve his improved his stock.

Hitman D for the sweet sig

Comment

He should definitely stay one more year imo.
      Originally posted by nvot9
      I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
      Indianapolis Colts 13-3
      Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
      Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
      Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

I watched him yesterday...What a monster..But could he do that against a
        D-1 defense

Comment

Originally posted by ljaxson View Post
          I watched him yesterday...What a monster..But could he do that against a
          D-1 defense
          Southern Miss is a D-1 defense. They are actually one of the leaders in Conference USA.

He already had a big game against Texas this year also

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
            Southern Miss is a D-1 defense. They are actually one of the leaders in Conference USA.

He already had a big game against Texas this year also
            it is?Well he is a good back..But thats not a big accomplishment to be one of the best in the Conference USA.

Comment

Originally posted by ljaxson View Post
              it is?Well he is a good back..But thats not a big accomplishment to be one of the best in the Conference USA.
              He's actually one of the best in the nation. scouts everywhere think he's one of the 3 best junior RBs and better than all of the senior RBs....that includes Yvenson Bernard

Comment

I dont think he's that good but he's up there with DeAngelo Williams

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

I'll stick with what I said the last time we had a Kevin Smith thread ... and that is ... I think there is a good chance that if he came out, he might be the number 2 back on the board, provided he posted a good time. I wouldn't be surprised if Mendenhall was the 3rd back on some boards. Jonathan Stewart would be in that mix as well, along with Slaton and a few others. But I really like Smith.

Comment

ive already been to a few UCF games, and im going to there next home game vs Marshall...

Kevin Smith is a good HB.
                    He is so exciting, he can block, he can catch, he can run people over, can make people miss, and he can carry the rock. I think hes the 2nd or 3rd leading rusher in the Div-1.

Hes doing all of that with Horrible QB play from Kyle Isreal

Kevin Smith is the real deal, but i do think he should stay one more year.

reminds me a lot of Larry Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
                      ive already been to a few UCF games, and im going to there next home game vs Marshall...

Kevin Smith is a good HB.
                      He is so exciting, he can block, he can catch, he can run people over, can make people miss, and he can carry the rock. I think hes the 2nd or 3rd leading rusher in the Div-1.

Hes doing all of that with Horrible QB play from Kyle Isreal

Kevin Smith is the real deal, but i do think he should stay one more year.

reminds me a lot of Larry Johnson
                      Larry Johnson? Really? They seem like completely different styles of RBs to me.

Comment

i think alot depends on how he runs. He could run from a 4.6 to a 4.45 area.

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
                          i think alot depends on how he runs. He could run from a 4.6 to a 4.45 area.
                          I think he'll be closer to that 4.6 than 4.45. He appears to have good acceleration, but lacks top end speed. He'll probably be one of those guys that runs his 10 and 20 really quick, but slows down toward the end. With that said, I don't think it'll hurt him too much. He has great vision and finds the hole quickly, then hits it hard and doesn't let up.

I agree with the Larry Johnson comparison. He's a taller runner, with good power and vision. He could stand to add about 10 lbs or so to put him in the 6'0" to 6'1" 225ish range, which would be a great size for a feature back in the NFL.
                          My teams:
                          St. Louis Rams
                          Michigan Wolverines
                          Southern Miss Golden Eagles

Comment

For some reason, I alwasy thought of a smaller Steven Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by aheineken View Post
                              I think he'll be closer to that 4.6 than 4.45. He appears to have good acceleration, but lacks top end speed. He'll probably be one of those guys that runs his 10 and 20 really quick, but slows down toward the end. With that said, I don't think it'll hurt him too much. He has great vision and finds the hole quickly, then hits it hard and doesn't let up.

I agree with the Larry Johnson comparison. He's a taller runner, with good power and vision. He could stand to add about 10 lbs or so to put him in the 6'0" to 6'1" 225ish range, which would be a great size for a feature back in the NFL.
                              I dont see any reason why he should come out this year

i went to a UCF Team Football camp this summer and actually saw him and some other players running around the track before we had our first practice (around 8am)
                              and he was ripped

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information