Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone see a little bit of David Pollack in Chris Long?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone see a little bit of David Pollack in Chris Long?

I know in terms of playing ability Long is a bit closer to an Aaron Smith or so, but in terms of the mentality and such that each player has, do you guys think David Pollack is a decent comparison for Chris Long? I was a huge Pollack fan as he was coming out and I think Long has that special something I liked about Pollack as well.

yes i can see that and im a huge pollack fan.

^A Bonekrusher production^
    Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

I hate how white players are always compared to white players no matter how different they are. Just like everytime an anouncer talks about a white receiver they always have to be compared to ed mccafrey.

Comment

Yep, they're both intense, hard working, team leaders with smarts and character.

In terms of ability, I would say that while Pollack is quicker ad more agile, Long has longer arms and the ability to stuff the run at the next level.
        10 Favourite prospects for 2010: Colt McCoy, Dez Bryant, Golden Tate, Noel Devine, Ndamukong Suh, Greg Hardy, Eric Norwood, Travis Lewis, Eric Berry, Trevard Lindley

Comment

Sure, I see a little similarity. I think Pollack's a bit quicker (I think, straight line speed, they are probably about the same ... Pollack ran in the 4.7's if I remember) while Long is the better run guy and comparatively better suited to stay at end. It's not a comparison that I've seen much, but I still think that Long reminds me of what Ogunleye eventually became. That said, there's some other comps that work.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
            Sure, I see a little similarity. I think Pollack's a bit quicker (I think, straight line speed, they are probably about the same ... Pollack ran in the 4.7's if I remember) while Long is the better run guy and comparatively better suited to stay at end. It's not a comparison that I've seen much, but I still think that Long reminds me of what Ogunleye eventually became. That said, there's some other comps that work.
            Toon,

Long's spring best was a 4.77
            6'4 270ish

Pollack ran a 4.75 at the combine
            6'2 265

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
              I hate how white players are always compared to white players no matter how different they are. Just like everytime an anouncer talks about a white receiver they always have to be compared to ed mccafrey.
              Same for black quarterbacks.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
                It's not always.... but it makes perfect sense to me why they should.

The comparison might be fair... but Pollack got injured and they moved him to LB. If they do that with Long, you can expect failure.

Long btw, is much more of a technician. The hustle and skin color is the only similar things I see.
                Last edited by D-Unit; 10-30-2007, 09:22 PM.

Comment

I dont see that comparison. However i do see justin smith. They are very similar players to me, strong against teh run with pass rush ability as well. Long has the ability to go #4 overall as well, although that might be high. But you heard it here first

Chris Long=Justin Smith
                  Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                  The APS is strong in this one.
                  Originally posted by killxswitch
                  Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                    Same for black quarterbacks.
                    Like how everyone wants to compare Andre Woodson and Donavan McNabb because they are both black, QBs, and are not known scramblers.

Originally posted by Halsey
                    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                      Like how everyone wants to compare Andre Woodson and Donavan McNabb because they are both black, QBs, and are not known scramblers.
                      McNabb is fairly mobile but has lost several steps over the course of his career due to injuries. Guy was a true dual threat back at Syracuse and earlier at Philly.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                        McNabb was a scrambler before the injuries started piling up.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                          I dont see that comparison. However i do see justin smith. They are very similar players to me, strong against teh run with pass rush ability as well. Long has the ability to go #4 overall as well, although that might be high. But you heard it here first

Chris Long=Justin Smith
                          How about Kyle Vanden Bosch? Or maybe Aaron Schobel? No I bet it's Aaron Kampman.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Not really. I think Chris Long has the potential to be a Richard Seymour type of player.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                              How about Kyle Vanden Bosch? Or maybe Aaron Schobel? No I bet it's Aaron Kampman.
                              Mmm i could buy Vanden Bosch and Kampman, but not schobel. Schobel is a pass rusher, whereas long is more complete.

And i know you were being sarcastic.
                              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                              The APS is strong in this one.
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information