Charles Godfrey Iowa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles Godfrey Iowa

IMO, this guy is the sleeper of the draft. He's physical and supports the run and he's got good ballskills. He's a physical speciman at 6'0-6'1 205-210lbs and runs 4.35-4.45. He's got experience at both free safety and cornerback, and although he's the starting CB, his skills scream FS when I watch him play. He's gonna tear up the combine and really rise quickly. He doesn't have much of a track record since this is only his 2nd year starting, but he plays for a school with football tradition and I believe he's gonna be one of the names you'll hear who came out of nowhere.

2007- 51 tackles, 1 TFL, 4 INT, 5 PBU
    2006- 83 tackles, 2 INT, 5 PBU

I agree, he has all the measurables and productivity you look for in a player.

We do already have a thread on him, though.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

who would u guys compare him too? I'm thinking Bob Sanders, what do u guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
        who would u guys compare him too? I'm thinking Bob Sanders, what do u guys think?
        lol. Sarcasm ?

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
          They came from the same college /comparison

Comment

People will continue to see him and realize that with his size and his style of play hes argueably the best corner in the draft. Competiting with Cason, and Jenkins in the first round. Everyone get on the bandwagon before its to late.

Charles Godfrey, one sleeper down. Two to go (Titus Brown, Alex Brink). :)

Comment

is there anyone who was in the same situation in recent years? who wasnt a 3 or 4 year starter, but has the physical measurables and the productivity of a higher round pick?

Comment

he did get beat in man coverage against michigan state on a deep pass that set up the field goal that sent the game into overtime. however, to be fair, it was a beautiful pass. Godfrey is a good CB, he's probably the top player on the Hawks D (although I like Mitch King).
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

Comment

i agree his ability to really stick to a receiver's hip needs a bit of polish, and that is one of the reasons i believe he's going to have to switch to FS in the pros, but he has the ability to find the ball in the air and he's more than willing to support the run. his ability to tackle is also a reason why he may be more valuable as a free safety.

Comment

A good comparison for Charles is Chris McAlister, without the top-notch ball skills.

His measurables are..

6'1 212
                    40" VJ

It is only his second year starting, but he can already really tackle for a cornerback, that's what separates him, his ability to make tackles in the open field, in run support especially.

That pass from Hoyer to Devin Thomas at the end of the Michigan State game was a thing of beauty, and I'm not sure he could have played it any better.

Comment

just watched that throw by michigan state...it was pretty much perfect. godfrey was running stride for stride with the WR. he was playing the ball more than the receiver, ball just went over his outstretched hand. not a big deal.

Comment

watching him play against northwestern right now...he could use some work getting off blocks, but i dont think that's gonna be as big of a problem if he moves to safety. he went for a big hit and whiffed on one. he needs to realize he's as big or bigger than most receivers and he doesnt need to go for that big hit. however, he did have help on the play so maybe he thought he could go for that big hit without much risk since he had help on the play.

Comment

had 4 PBU this past week, and i noticed a few guys had him in the 2nd round in their mocks...so i thought id give this thread a bump

Comment

Kiper is NUTS to think he is one of the 25 best senior prospects right now.

Comment

Originally posted by foozball View Post
                              is there anyone who was in the same situation in recent years? who wasnt a 3 or 4 year starter, but has the physical measurables and the productivity of a higher round pick?
                              The situation you describe aptly sums up Chris Houston from last year.
                              10 Favourite prospects for 2010: Colt McCoy, Dez Bryant, Golden Tate, Noel Devine, Ndamukong Suh, Greg Hardy, Eric Norwood, Travis Lewis, Eric Berry, Trevard Lindley

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information