No announcement yet.

How in McFadden in between the tackles?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How in McFadden in between the tackles?

I know McFadden is very fast, but I am wondering how well he does between the tackles and running through arm tackles. Does he do alot of bouncing out to use his speed to his advantage or does he actually go through the middle and break arm tackles and such?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

think Reggie Bush between the tackles.
    he slashes a lot from what i've seen
    CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
    JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

He has more pop than Bush when he hits the pile. I think he is a much better RB prospect than Bush. But what do I know.

Comment

Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
        think Reggie Bush between the tackles.
        he slashes a lot from what i've seen
        Disagree 100%. You won't stop him with arm tackles. He will lay a lick on you. In the wildcat/wildhot/whatever, he pretty much exclusively runs in between the tackles.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1FCfZoPGEFA

On this youtube clip, in the first and third run of the clip (probably his most famous runs), they are both between the tackles. Granted the second one is kind of a stretch play, yet it's still between the tackles.

Comment

Originally posted by mchesnu View Post
          Disagree 100%. You won't stop him with arm tackles. He will lay a lick on you. In the wildcat/wildhot/whatever, he pretty much exclusively runs in between the tackles.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1FCfZoPGEFA

On this youtube clip, in the first and third run of the clip (probably his most famous runs), they are both between the tackles. Granted the second one is kind of a stretch play, yet it's still between the tackles.
          i havent seen much of him this season, but i'll take it.
          but truthfully i could make a highlight tape of my little brother and make him look amazing.
          CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
            i havent seen much of him this season, but i'll take it.
            but truthfully i could make a highlight tape of my little brother and make him look amazing.
            I understand. Was merely trying to provide visual evidence, as opposed to empty rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by mchesnu View Post
              I understand. Was merely trying to provide visual evidence, as opposed to empty rhetoric.
              thats is also true. it does showcase his physicalness, which is where he has an edge on bush.
              I'll give bush the edge at Receiving, shiftyness, and Returning.
              I'll give McFadden the edge between the tackles, breaking tackles, throwing, and being physical.
              its a toss up based on your line and personell on who would go first if drafted now.
              A team with a good reciving core would take McFadden, and a team in dire need of offense would take bush because he does more.

Comment

Give him any kind of a seam up the middle and he's gone for 30+. DMac will break arm tackles all day, you have to get him square.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                  Give him any kind of a seam up the middle and he's gone for 30+. DMac will break arm tackles all day, you have to get him square.
                  and i've seen guys "get him square" before, only to have him make the slightest of moves so that their "hit em square" becomes an arm tackle, which Dmac breaks and then goes for 30+.

Now i want to be clear on this, I am definately NOT, i repeat NOT, saying he is the next barry sanders or saying he has had a better year (in my opinion barry sanders had the single greatest season in college football history, but that is a different argument altogether); the point I want to make is that like sanders, and many elite backs with a history of longetivty, he makes people miss ever so slightly to avoid the full brunt of the tackle. I am not saying he shies away from contact, because he can definately lower his shoulder and lay a hit. But, in order to reduce the amount of beating your body takes you have to have that shiftiness that makes tacklers barely get you. I just used barry as an example, because he was the master at it. Everytime i watched him play and it seemed as if he was gonna get drilled, he completely froze the would be tackler who wound up just tackling him at an angle, and thus reducing the pounding he sustained through his 10 amazing years.

edit: i just realized it went from a 'talking about dmac post' to a 'i have a guy crush on barry sanders post.' Although i am sure my sentiment towards barry is shared by most on here, or atleast should be.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

wrong thread....
                    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 11-04-2007, 02:52 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

The best in-between the tackle RB in the draft is Johnathan Stewart.

The best game breaking RB in the draft is DMAC.

Comment

Yah Stewart is a bruiser alright, but he going to have to learn how to not try an dish out hits like he is currently doing. Also he has to stop jumping...every game the guy tries to hurdle people like he is Brian Leonard or something, it's not pretty.

Comment

He's kinda a mix between Peterson and Bush, still inside the tackles he's decent but needs a head of steam going, I wouldn't use him as a goal line back if I had better options.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

McFadden runs behind his pads well. He'll be a decent between the tackles runner in the pros, but his money will be made outside the tackles, on draws, and on slash plays up the middle when there's a hole. The kid's got some wheels. Felix Jones was almost equally as impressive last night to me. I think Jones averaged about 15 ypc with 3 TDs.

Comment

So who goes first Stewart or DM? I liken Stewart a little to an Emmit Smith as far as strength and being able to run north and south, the pro game is more geared to that than runnning wide. Dont have a problem with either going first and expect both will be taken in the top half of round 1.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information