Jamaal Charles stock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaal Charles stock

Where do people see Charles going if he comes out this year or should he stay in school another year? He started the season strong but hit a rut mid season, he's been fantastic over the last 2 games though and if he finishes the year strong I could see him possibly coming out. He's got decent size and should be one of the fastest players in the draft...
    10 Favourite prospects for 2010: Colt McCoy, Dez Bryant, Golden Tate, Noel Devine, Ndamukong Suh, Greg Hardy, Eric Norwood, Travis Lewis, Eric Berry, Trevard Lindley

possibly the third or fourth best back if he comes out.

Comment

I remember reading on another draft site, I think it was Draft Headquarters, that he was really thinking about coming out.

After his last two games, I don't see how his stock could be any higher?

Comment

This RB Draft class could be one of the best ever if McFadden, Stewart, Jones, Slaton, Charles, Davis, Rice, Mendenhall, Smith, etc. all come out.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

I have him just ranked slightly after Felix Jones to be honest, If I were a team like Denver, Indianapolis, Houston I'd take him in the 2nd.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

3rd behind Run DMC and Stewart in my eyes.

Paul

New York Giants
            New York Yankees
            New York Knicks (unfortunately)
            UConn Basketball
            Virginia Tech Football
            UConn Football

Comment

Speed isn't a concern obviously, but I still think he has a good deal of room to improve as a (complete) back. At least, as a runner, he can work on being more consistent by continuing to play well past the stellar two weeks he's had.

Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
              I have him just ranked slightly after Felix Jones to be honest, If I were a team like Denver, Indianapolis, Houston I'd take him in the 2nd.
              I'd take him from the Colts perspective, on the hopes of molding him for the better while harnessing that natural speed. Speed which could be killer in the offense.
              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

I'm kinda skeptical about him. The games I've seen of him (including the one in person against UCF)... he is fast as hell. However, I'm not so sure he will translate as well to the NFL as some of the other RBs in the draft class. His speed wont be as much of a factor on the next level... and I havent seen much else out of him other than his speed.

Comment

As a Texas fan, I think he needs another year...He's still got a TON of work to do running between the tackles...I don't see him in the 1st round this year, but think he'd be a lock next season if he stayed.

Comment

Would love to have him, but I see him as more of a complimentary runner and not a primary every down back. He's more like what Bush, Dunn, and Westbrook are (though a little bit bigger than those guys), as opposed to what LT, AD, and Joseph Addai are.

Comment

I say The Closer goes mid-late 2nd.

Michael "Franchise" Young QB Akron Zepplins #10
                      164/281, 58.4% 1956 yards, 10 TD/8 INT
                      50 rushes, 321 yards, 4 TD, 6.4 YPC
                      Record: 7-3

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                        Would love to have him, but I see him as more of a complimentary runner and not a primary every down back. He's more like what Bush, Dunn, and Westbrook are (though a little bit bigger than those guys), as opposed to what LT, AD, and Joseph Addai are.
                        Are you saying that Dunn and Westbrook aren't every down/primary backs?

Both of those guys have gotten it done at every aspect of the game - inside, outside, and through the air. These guys are both like Tiki Barber (also came into the league as a complimentary 3rd down back) and have carved out VERY NICE careers.

And Jamaal Charles is not utilized as a receiver at all compared to those smaller guys you mentioned. So I don't quite get the comparison unless you are comparing only size, because then that makes a little bit more sense.

Comment

Seeing almost all of his games, he definately needs another year in college and I highly doubt he leaves after this season...Before vince left early it didnt happen too often at UT, ricky and benson both stayed 4 years and both were more NFL ready after 3 years...Charles still fumbles way too much right now, and needs another year to hit the weights and bulk up, especially if he wants to run in between the tackles without getting killed, one tackle by Haynesworth would end his career at the size he is at right now...

On that note, if he ends up going to a team with a zone blocking scheme like Houston, Atlanta, or Denver he will excell alot more and has a chance to use his speed and vision, he would also be perfect in Tennessee running that shotgun read with Vince, not sure how well he works out of the I formation all game though...but I really dont think he leaves early
                          Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 11-10-2007, 05:17 PM.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

He reminds me of Michael Bennett, when he came out of college, great speed, but so far that's all he has shown.

Comment

I think he's a bit overrated as a pro prospect. He would be foolish to come out this year. Then again, with he speed he could get drafted higher than he should.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information