which LBs will slip??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which LBs will slip??

Assuming that Larenaitis, Melualuga and Gholston declare, there are a alot of linebackers with the talent to be first round picks.

These guys are all likely good enough to be first round prospects, who do you think will actually be picked in the first round?

LB:

James Laurenaitis
    Rey Melualuga
    Dan Connor
    Keith Rivers
    Philip Wheeler
    Ali Highsmith

3-4 OLBs:

Quentin Groves
    Derrick Harvey
    Shawn Crable
    Vernon Gholston

1st round guys i would take would be;

James Lauranitis (ilb)
    Dan Connor (ilb)
    Brian Cushing (ilb/olb)
    Keith Rivers (olb)
    Shawn Crable (olb/de)

Team need would probably dictate which order these guys would go in.

Comment

tavares gooden

perfect size and runs 4.55 and has shown he can be productive, but he's had injury problems in the past. probably a 2nd round talent that may go in the 3rd or possibly the 4th.

Comment

What about Sean Lee if he chose to declare??

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Pete View Post
          Dont think he will declare, they wait their turn to be the main man there. If he did i think the best he could hope for is the 2nd round, just too many guys to jump over.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Pete View Post
            He's already said he's returning.

Comment

A lot will "slip" because of the nature of the position in the draft. To be honest, I'm not sure I see an elite talent here. I figure maybe 1 or 2 LB's at best go before the bottom third of the first round, and probably in the teens at earliest.

Comment

For some reason I see Dan Connor slipping. This day and age people are so caught up with being flashy and out of the ordinary. Yet a guy like Connor who is probably the best LB technique-wise and the soundest LB in the draft, wont be the top pick. Just like Posluszny was last year.

Comment

I agree that Dan Connor is going to slip. I'd be pretty surprised if he gets picked in the top 20 and think he's going to fall out of the 1st Round entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
                    For some reason I see Dan Connor slipping. This day and age people are so caught up with being flashy and out of the ordinary. Yet a guy like Connor who is probably the best LB technique-wise and the soundest LB in the draft, wont be the top pick. Just like Posluszny was last year.
                    are you knocking patrick willis as the top selection at LB last year?? the draft is all about being out of the ordinary..its what separates average NFL players from great NFL players.

Comment

First round 'backers are three down 'backers, so I think Laurinaitis will be fine because he's shown himself to be good in coverage. Connor is, at least in my opinion, fine in coverage for the most part in my opinion. I haven't seen enough USC to really judge them this year. Needless to say triangle numbers will be important for seperation. For the rush guys, I think Gholston's ability to play the run will lock him up, and I'd probably have Groves as the second guy, although his performance in the coming weeks could hurt him if he struggles.

Comment

Vince Hall will be a steal for some team.
                        Virginia Tech.
                        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Race for the Heisman View Post
                          First round 'backers are three down 'backers, so I think Laurinaitis will be fine because he's shown himself to be good in coverage. Connor is, at least in my opinion, fine in coverage for the most part in my opinion. I haven't seen enough USC to really judge them this year. Needless to say triangle numbers will be important for seperation. For the rush guys, I think Gholston's ability to play the run will lock him up, and I'd probably have Groves as the second guy, although his performance in the coming weeks could hurt him if he struggles.
                          Good post, as for the USC guys Rivers is the only one that will be in the draft and its hard to say whether he can cover anyone because to me none of the trojans are good in coverage, but that may be their scheme there. Groves looks overrated to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                            are you knocking patrick willis as the top selection at LB last year?? the draft is all about being out of the ordinary..its what separates average NFL players from great NFL players.
                            Are you trying to compare Pos to Willis? Because at the point in which Pos was injured, he was outplaying just about every LB in the league. I dont care how athletic one person is, to play LB in the NFL and be successful you need a nack for football. Not saying Willis dosent have it, just not as good as Pos had it.

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                            I agree that Dan Connor is going to slip. I'd be pretty surprised if he gets picked in the top 20 and think he's going to fall out of the 1st Round entirely.
                            And I think this is sad. Connor is the best pound-for-pound LB in the draft this year. Yet because of hype built up by some media or scouts, he will not be the top LB taken. And yea, Connor is very good in coverage. Probably the best LB this year in coverage skills.

Comment

Well im sure as most of you know i have a man crush on Dan Connor...

But ya he will probably slip out of the first round.. but some team is gonan get a hell of a great player when they take him..

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information