No announcement yet.

Which top junior runningbacks come out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which top junior runningbacks come out?

Top Junior Runningbacks (in no specific order):

Darren McFadden, Arkansas
    Jonathan Stewart, Oregon
    Felix Jones, Arkansas
    Steve Slaton, WVU
    Ray Rice, Rutgers
    Rashard Mendenhall, Illinois
    Jamaal Charles, Texas
    Keven Smith, CF
    James Davis, Clemson
    Ian Johnson, Boise St.

Which ones do you think will come out? There are so many good ones, it is unbelievable. I tried to list all the runs with 1st round potential and/or there has been rumors of them coming, but if you feel another junior RB should be named in this list, go ahead and add him. Anyway, some of them have to stay or else next year's class got a whole lot weaker.
    Last edited by Smokey Joe; 11-04-2007, 06:05 PM.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

I'm not sure I'd consider Maurice Wells a top anything.

I think the top 4 on your list declare, the rest stay. Rice and Kevin Smith are the wildcards to me.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      I'm not sure I'd consider Maurice Wells a top anything.

I think the top 4 on your list declare, the rest stay. Rice and Kevin Smith are the wildcards to me.
      I think he'll leave, I dunno if he wants another year of 35 carries a game before the NFL.
      Last edited by Tampa 2 4 life; 11-04-2007, 06:15 PM.

Comment

god, early on I was soooo sure Ray Ray would stay, but now, I'm not too sure. He loves RU and Schiano but his body is taking one helluva pounding with all the carriers he's getting. He's said he wants a big east title, but it kills me to say I'm just not sure right now
        We ALL bleed scarlet
        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

My thoughts (should have just put this in my original post in retrospect):

I think McFadden, Stewart, Jones, and Slaton all leave. I think James Davis leaves as well since Spiller will likely take away a lot of his carries next season. Keven Smith and Ray Rice, I like how 51 listed them as wildcards. Ian Johnson, if he does enter he probably wouldn't be any better then 3rd round pick and would probably benefit with another season in college. As for Jamaal Charles and Rashard Mendenhall, it all depends on if they'd rather compete for a BCS game or just enter the NFL right away.
          Last edited by Smokey Joe; 11-04-2007, 06:05 PM.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
            I think he'll leave, I dunno if he wants another year of 35 carries a game before the NFL.
            Wrong guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
              My thoughts (should have just put this in my original post in retrospect):

I think McFadden, Stewart, Jones, and Slaton all leave. I think James Davis leaves as well since Spiller will likely take away a lot of his carries next season. Keven Smith and Ray Rice, I like how 51 listed them as wildcards. Ian Johnson and Maurice Wells, if they do enter they probably wouldn't be any better then 3rd round picks and would probably benefit another season in college. As for Jamaal Charles and Rashard Mendenhall, it all depends on if they'd rather compete for a BCS game or just enter the NFL right away.
              I agree with that, but id like to see jones stay another year and show that he can be an elite back without having McFadden there too.

And Id like to see Charles come out because next year he will most likely be a top 20 pick.

Comment

Unfortunately... I dont see Kevin Smith staying. I think he is gone...

Comment

Originally posted by FinNasty View Post
                  Unfortunately... I dont see Kevin Smith staying. I think he is gone...
                  Nah, he'd be best to play in the senior bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by sodar21 View Post
                    Wrong guy.
                    Maybe I'm confused, but what?

Originally posted by Jakey
                    WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
                      Nah, he'd be best to play in the senior bowl.
                      We run him a ton though. I'm not sure if it will be worth it to him to come back...

Plus, I am pretty sure he has a kid. He might need the $$$...

Comment

People keep saying Jones should come back, but I don't see what he has to gain from it. He's already producing at an elite level. If he tests well, he's probably the third RB off the board, and possibly the second if he really blows someone away. I don't see how he falls out of the first this year should he declare, and I think another year at Arkansas would be a waste, because they're only going to get worse with McFadden and Monk walking about the door. The fact his legs don't have a ton of mileage on them has to be appealing to scouts. If you're not sure he can carry the load, why wouldn't a team like Dallas take him and use him in a two-back offense?

Comment

McFadden is sure to come out and be a top 5 pick. Stewart's stock rises with every Oregon win. Ray Rice could also come out and probably would go late in the 1st or early 2nd. I have a feeling Felix Jones and Slaton will go back to school, Slaton specificly is clearly a system RB and needs a big senior year to improve his stock.

Comment

Ray Rice needs to come out, another season's ridiculous amount of carries isn't going to make him any faster, more explosive, or bigger. Get in the pros sooner and potentially get to free agency sooner, it's a young man's position relative to the pros.
                            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                              Darren McFadden, Arkansas
                              Jonathan Stewart, Oregon
                              Felix Jones, Arkansas
                              Steve Slaton, WVU
                              Ray Rice, Rutgers
                              Rashard Mendenhall, Illinois
                              Jamaal Charles, Texas
                              Keven Smith, CF
                              James Davis, Clemson
                              Ian Johnson, Boise St.