Pats Draft 08

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pats Draft 08

If the Pats ended up with the #1 pick who would they take. I say they would trade down and possibly get Laurinaitis, Maualuga, and Long.

Michael "Franchise" Young QB Akron Zepplins #10
    164/281, 58.4% 1956 yards, 10 TD/8 INT
    50 rushes, 321 yards, 4 TD, 6.4 YPC
    Record: 7-3

Wow, I don't think they will get all three! :P
    Although they are the pats! I dread to think who they will pick! Would they take mcfadden? how scary would they be with someone like him as a backfield threat

Comment

I think it's possible though. Trade to ateam with two firsts and a 2nd and trade the two 2nds and a third for a first.

Michael "Franchise" Young QB Akron Zepplins #10
      164/281, 58.4% 1956 yards, 10 TD/8 INT
      50 rushes, 321 yards, 4 TD, 6.4 YPC
      Record: 7-3

Comment

ahahhah that actually maybe a possibilty of top 5 they way SF is playing. If they get top 5 i think they go CB, or move merrieweather to CB and draft Phillips which would be crazy

Comment

I would say Long.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

the patriots' selection will be a defensive one probably.... they could use a talented youth at Corner (to replace samuel who will probably bail out after this season) Safety (Harisson isn't getting any younger) and Linebacker (since Seau, Bruschi and Vrabel aren't spring chickens either.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Would the Pats pass on McFadden? They don't seem to like Maroney as a full time back.

Comment

If we had the chance to take Jake Long I think we should. Either that or trade down for DE/OLB and secondary depth, McFadden is also a possibility. He and Maroney would be a scary tandem for the future.

Comment

Luckily for the rest of the league, the strength of the Niners schedule is not that strong in the final stretch. The last thing this league needs is a stocked Patriots team with a top 5 draft selection.

They have some very winnable games, along with 3 of their last 4 games at home. Plus they seem to play much better at the end of the year.

4 of their 7 wins last year came after week 9 against some good teams.

Oh and I don't see the Laurinitis pick. He seems a little small compared to the rest of their LBs and their LB's aren't built around speed anyways. They are built around being technically sound, playing their assignment and being strong at the point of attack (not exactly Laurinitis' strength). If they pick up a LB I would think that they trade down and pick up someone like Crable, Gholston, Groves etc), as all 4 of the current starters were ends in college.

Comment

if he falls a bit and the 49ers keep up their current suckage, they could have a look at Kenny Phillips.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I think trade back is most likely. They'd be so scary with McFadden, but I think a team is more likely to trade up with them if McFadden were there. They might opt to stock up in next years draft since they already have the Raiders' 3rd this year. But, if Jake Long is there, they may have to grab him. I've seen peoples mocks with them taking Chris Long, but I don't see them going DL in the first.
                      The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                        if he falls a bit and the 49ers keep up their current suckage, they could have a look at Kenny Phillips.
                        Depends what they do with Brandon Merriweather...

Comment

They would probably trade down, i don't think they would want to be stuck with paying a rookie that much money

Comment

It depresses me everytime i think about this haha. Like fenikz said, as good as Mcfadden is, I dont think they sink all that money into an unproven player (even if he could be amazing) when they are unwilling to put money into a proven player already on there team. My guesses would be (1) trade down if possible, (2) long, (3) take a long hard look at kenny phillips (3b) i think top 5 would be too high for him, but quentin groves depending on how he plays. I would hate to see him two times every year.

That having been said, they certainly threw me a curve ball this year when they got moss, stalworth etc. So I'm not gonna rule out anything anymore and just say that it's an unfortunate scenario for the rest of the league, especially afc east.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

It would be McFadden, no question in my mind. They'd have no trouble finding carries for DMC and Maroney. Of course, if this WERE to happen, we could just cancel the next couple seasons, because there would be absolutely no stopping them.
                              Last edited by ChiFan24; 11-06-2007, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information