• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maualuga and Cushing to stay for senior year

per espn radio. No link yet.

EDIT: http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/...tay-in-school/
    http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...914527386.html
    Last edited by soybean; 11-07-2007, 05:38 PM.

Saw that today on the Trojan board, probably a good move for both, Rey Rey needs to get his act together and play more like he did last year, his numbers are good this year but he needs to cover better and keep his nose clean. I was suprised Cush is coming back, with the injury causing him to miss time this year i thought he would want to leave. I think it's safe to say he would be in someones top 10 for the 09 draft(he's in mine i know that).

Comment

It's a good move for them but LB, but I hate seeing because LB is a need for my favorite team and this just makes a strong class a weaker. There is still a lot of talent though, many good LBs will be available come April.

Comment

too bad i wanted maualuga to come out..i guess another year will help him put together a solid complete season this time. should be a first rounder come the '09 draft.

Comment

It's still really early. I'm not saying either of them are lying, but people have come out before after claiming they were staying.

Comment

It's ridiculously early. I'd never trust anything a prospect says this early. Granted, I expect that they both stay anyway. However, this doesn't mean there is no chance either come out.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
              It's a good move for them but LB, but I hate seeing because LB is a need for my favorite team and this just makes a strong class a weaker. There is still a lot of talent though, many good LBs will be available come April.
              I doubt either would have been going to the Pats but certainly would have added depth to the draft. Cushing is an outside guy and i think NE would probably like to eventually move Thomas out there and Mauluuga isnt very good in pass coverage, something the Pats wouldnt go for.

Comment

Didn't Vince Young say he was coming back...and a week later declared for the draft?

A lot of things factor into this kind of decision. There's no way they can make up their minds this fast, so expect them to reconsider. It's not a done deal.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                  Didn't Vince Young say he was coming back...and a week later declared for the draft?

A lot of things factor into this kind of decision. There's no way they can make up their minds this fast, so expect them to reconsider. It's not a done deal.
                  Well after singlehandedly winning the BCS Championship against a team that was considered to be in the top 10 or 15 teams in NCAA history, i think you'd declare, its hard to top that.

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                    Well after singlehandedly winning the BCS Championship against a team that was considered to be in the top 10 or 15 teams in NCAA history, i think you'd declare, its hard to top that.
                    yeah, plus he was a guarantee top 10 pick.

both maualuga and cushing aren't even guaranteed first rounders.

Comment

As P-L noted, it is way too early to take a player at his word.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if this turned out to be the case (that both stayed). For all the hype, I'm not sure either one is a first round pick right now.

Comment

i think that rey will come out, but cushing will stay...i believe rey will figure out taht he will be a first round talent and would leave early to get his money

Comment

I don't buy it.. at this point in the year; pretty much every junior is staying for their senior year.

Comment

That's what they ALL say this time of the year!

For those two it would be a good decision though.
                            Scott Wright, President
                            Draft Countdown.com
                            www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                            www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                              I doubt either would have been going to the Pats but certainly would have added depth to the draft. Cushing is an outside guy and i think NE would probably like to eventually move Thomas out there and Mauluuga isnt very good in pass coverage, something the Pats wouldnt go for.
                              I meant that with the more talented LBs available in the draft, the better chance you have at getting a higher caliber player later in the draft.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information