Why do people have KC taking a QB?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people have KC taking a QB?

Don't understand that when Brodie hasn't even taken the field yet. He has looked good when he has had the chance. KC desperately needs OL help badly. An OT like Loadholt, Cherilus, Baker, Oher(based on talent alone) or Clady look to be the best choices for the team

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!

I agree.....I don't think KC will invest their first rounder in a QB given management's stance with Brodie

Teams that may be investing first round picks on a QB: Atlanta Falcons, Minnesota Vikings, Chicago Bears, Carolina Panthers, Baltimore Ravens, and you never know about Tampa Bay

And I don't think Jacksonville goes after a QB, at least in Round 1, because Garrard has played solid when healthy and they were winning.
    Last edited by princefielder28; 11-08-2007, 02:49 PM.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I think they can easily upgrade the QB position. I don't see Croyle becoming anything more than servicable, and its not like they have a lot invested in him.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
        I think they can easily upgrade the QB position. I don't see Croyle becoming anything more than servicable, and its not like they have a lot invested in him.
        The Front Office has their eyes set on him as the future though and they invested with LJ at RB long term and spent their first rounder last year on Dwayne Bowe so it is time to start addressing the OL where there have been numerous departures over the last several years.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Front offices have been known to change their minds. Especially when it comes to guys like huard or croyle who don't have huge contracts with huge cap hits if they are kicked to the curb.

I agree the Chiefs would be better off addressing their OL, but I don't think you can say QB is impossible with as much conviction as you think.

Comment

why address o-line in the first when you can do it in the second and third? this is one of the deeper OT classes in a while, especially if a few of the juniors come out.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
              why address o-line in the first when you can do it in the second and third? this is one of the deeper OT classes in a while, especially if a few of the juniors come out.
              We are also needing CB's in those rounds as it's possible that both Law and Surtain are not back next season. We still could use another DT for the rotation and possibly at DE if it appears that we don't get to keep Jared Allen. We also need to draft another WR to replace Kennison. I don't see any way we draft a QB early. If Croyle is brutal next year it will reflect in the record anyway and we could then draft a QB from the top of the 2009 draft which is probably the better way to go any how.

Comment

Originally posted by KCStud View Post
                Don't understand that when Brodie hasn't even taken the field yet. He has looked good when he has had the chance. KC desperately needs OL help badly. An OT like Loadholt, Cherilus, Baker, Oher(based on talent alone) or Clady look to be the best choices for the team
                My guess is right now the Chiefs dont know which direction they want to go in. As for "people" they know less.

Comment

Because, despite Huard's struggles, the coaching staff obviously doesn't feel he's ready. Because he's looked like crap in the preseason. Because Herm Edwards could very well prefer to have his own quarterback for his stay in Kansas City, not one the management seems to be desperately hoping turns into a viable starter.

I don't necessarily think it's the most likely selection, but if they go elsewhere I believe it'll be to get a better player, not because they have great faith in Croyle. I'd be shocked if the Chiefs don't draft a single quarterback next April.

Comment

KC would be much better off going OLine or DLine.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21

Comment

While I think the Chiefs should go offensive line in the first this draft, I wouldn't be disappointed if they took a quarterback because I'm less then enthralled with Brodie. I think the Chiefs are making a massive mistake not playing him right now though, they need to find out what they have in Croyle.

Comment

Croyle looked pretty bad when I watched him. And the fact that he couldn't unseat a struggling Damon Huard is pretty telling, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Crow View Post
                          Croyle looked pretty bad when I watched him. And the fact that he couldn't unseat a struggling Damon Huard is pretty telling, I believe.
                          That is the situation. KC gave Croyle every opportunity to win the starting job, but he couldn't get it done. If anyone watched HBO's Hard Knocks, Herm Edwards and KC's QB coach felt like they should go with Croyle at first, but he struggled in camp and in the preseason games.

Besides, Croyle was only a third round pick. You really don't expect much more than backup quality at that point anyway. I say bring in a more talented quarterback. There will be a better QB in either of the first two rounds of the draft.
                          aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Originally posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
                            That is the situation. KC gave Croyle every opportunity to win the starting job, but he couldn't get it done. If anyone watched HBO's Hard Knocks, Herm Edwards and KC's QB coach felt like they should go with Croyle at first, but he struggled in camp and in the preseason games.

Besides, Croyle was only a third round pick. You really don't expect much more than backup quality at that point anyway. I say bring in a more talented quarterback. There will be a better QB in either of the first two rounds of the draft.
                            I agree completly. You can get a guy with a higher ceiling and skill set easily. They still should give him a shot though.

Comment

I said the same thing about Andrew Walter, who I was far more impressed with than I am with Croyle.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information