Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rick Gosselin hearts Aqib Talib

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rick Gosselin hearts Aqib Talib

    Matthew: Rick, have you seen CB Aqib Talib at Kansas play ball? The Richardson product would be a perfect replacement for Anthony Henry. He's 6-2 and about two times as athletic. He's expected to be a late first rounder, where the Cowboys will have two picks. Any thoughts on Talib?

    Rick Gosselin: The Cowboys better hope the Browns collapse and finish 5-11 for them to have a shot at Talib. He's one of the top cornerbacks on the draft board. He's stock has skyrocketed this season to coincide with the emergence of Kansas as a national power. I'm not sure two first-rounders in the 20s would be enough to land a Top 10 pick in trade. And if the Cowboys do attempt to move up to those heights, I think it would be for Darren McFadden.
    Last edited by slats7; 11-08-2007, 11:30 PM. Reason: typo

  • #2
    I was never convinced that Talib had the kind of 40-time in him to propel himself into the top 10, especially with both Phillips and Jenkins already having top 10 grades (early in the process as it is).

    Comment


    • #3
      This is scary because although Gosselin isn't exactly a talent evaluator he is one of the best in the biz at understand what teams around the league feel. His top 100 is always about right on....this scares me.

      Comment


      • #4
        Talib is amazing me as well.

        he has 5 TD's total this year..

        4 on Offense
        1 on Defense.

        I've flirted with the idea of Drafting him to replace Ward.

        He's a guy that isn't afraid to make or be part of contact. With his hands, and some tutelage, I think he could be a more physicall dominant version of Hines. Similar builds and speed (Talib: 6'2 205 4.52 Ward: 6'0 205 4.55)

        And at worst you could always move him back to corner if he doesn't get WR down.

        Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
          Talib is amazing me as well.

          he has 5 TD's total this year..

          4 on Offense
          1 on Defense.

          I've flirted with the idea of Drafting him to replace Ward.

          He's a guy that isn't afraid to make or be part of contact. With his hands, and some tutelage, I think he could be a more physicall dominant version of Hines. Similar builds and speed (Talib: 6'2 205 4.52 Ward: 6'0 205 4.55)

          And at worst you could always move him back to corner if he doesn't get WR down.
          His stock as a CB is so much higher than at WR...find it hard to believe he would switch...not to mention how much highly reguarded CB's are in todays NFL. Talib is a lock to play CB in the NFL. It's not like he is Champ Bailey coming out playing both sides exclusively...he just has a couple formations he gets in. Also as of late he is seeing less and less snaps on offense...I'm pretty sure he didn't see one against Nebraska.

          Comment


          • #6
            I think he is the number 2 CB worthy of a top 15 pick
            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

            Comment


            • #7
              Hell, in his first year we can develop as a nickel back and even line up at wideout every once in a while. But I think he won't be drafted until the 20-31 range.

              ^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

              Comment


              • #8
                if dallas drafts him i will be pissed. i think he is overated and i would rather spend it on offense.

                FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by vatech=accdomination View Post
                  if dallas drafts him i will be pissed. i think he is overated and i would rather spend it on offense.
                  ya who would want to upgrade our 17th overall pass defense when we could upgrade our #2 rated offense....!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                    Hell, in his first year we can develop as a nickel back and even line up at wideout every once in a while. But I think he won't be drafted until the 20-31 range.
                    That's what Charles Woodson and Champ Bailey said coming out....look at them both....their is so much a CB needs to know before he can start adding that into his game. Neither player got one snap on offense his rookie year...it's not like Grueden or Kubiak didn't understand...it's just that CB is a big learning curve and don't want to slow the progression by bringing on too much.

                    If Talib runs in that 4.40-4.44 range he'll have every chance to go top 15...but if he is closer to that 4.5 I think that 25-35 range is more likely.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      No one can throw on him..regardless of what his 40 time says, he knows how to cover anyone..and is a great athlete.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Travis 24 View Post
                        No one can throw on him..regardless of what his 40 time says, he knows how to cover anyone..and is a great athlete.
                        Well I'm pretty sure that he got thrown on multiple times in the Nebraska game. Don't get me wrong I love the kid...but to say noone can throw on him is a straight homer statement.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by thule View Post
                          That's what Charles Woodson and Champ Bailey said coming out....look at them both....their is so much a CB needs to know before he can start adding that into his game. Neither player got one snap on offense his rookie year...it's not like Grueden or Kubiak didn't understand...it's just that CB is a big learning curve and don't want to slow the progression by bringing on too much.

                          If Talib runs in that 4.40-4.44 range he'll have every chance to go top 15...but if he is closer to that 4.5 I think that 25-35 range is more likely.
                          He's just a football player, speed isnt exactly one of his strong suits, he covers and he hits hard. If he runs better than a 4.55 at the combine i'll be shocked. I'd take him anyways.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                            He's just a football player, speed isnt exactly one of his strong suits, he covers and he hits hard. If he runs better than a 4.55 at the combine i'll be shocked. I'd take him anyways.
                            http://www.bonnersprings.com/section/sports/story/11013

                            But he had to slow himself for a moment. It was 2006 when Talib ran the team's fastest 40-yard dash. This year during the spring season, he was the silver medalist to senior receiver Marcus Henry.

                            "Actually, this year ‘Mute' (Henry) ran the fastest 40. Mute ran the 4.39 or something like that, I ran the 4.41 or something like that," Talib said. "But last spring, I ran the 4.39 and Mute ran the 4.44 or something like that.

                            "But if we raced in the 40, I'd get him."
                            NSCA Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist
                            SPARQ Certified Trainer
                            www.TopSpeedTraining.com

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Sorry if i'm a little skeptical of self annointed 40 times, Talib got torched by Jordy Nelson when they played KSU(look it up on youtube), if he runs anything near a 4.3 then Nelson is the worlds fastest human and i dont think that's the case.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information