Is Dennis Dixon a 1st rounder?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Dennis Dixon a 1st rounder?

Do you think that he can go in the 1st round. He is the Heisman favorite and is one of the most talented players on college football. He has the size at 6'4 200. He could probably afford to put on some weight. He has proven the critics wrong by being an effective passer this year. He is still a great runner but this year he's proven he's also a winner. Has a unique physical tools. If a team that is drafting in mid to late first round like the Ravens, who need a new QB and a playmaker on offense, or a team like Carolina would they consider taking him?

First off he isnt Vince young, he doesnt have that size and strength. I think lack of arm strength and the potential to get hurt if he were to run too often would scare a lot of people off. Winning the heisman has nothing to do with being an NFL prospect.

Comment

People like to ignore the fact that this is his only good year of his college career.
      "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

I could see him as a 3rd round flier at most.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

No, but he'll won't go any futher than the 3rd round.

Comment

I like that for a team that likes to air it out a lot he only has 3 INTs, one from a hail mary to end the half and the other two to one team, CAL.

I doubt he goes in the 1st, he doesn't have touch that most qbs have and his throwing motion is a little weird.

I think he'll go 2nd-3rd round and I think the falcons should pick him up there.

Comment

I don't think he's a 1st Round pick, but I could definitely see him going in the 2nd Round.

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
                I like that for a team that likes to air it out a lot he only has 3 INTs, one from a hail mary to end the half and the other two to one team, CAL.

I doubt he goes in the 1st, he doesn't have touch that most qbs have and his throwing motion is a little weird.

I think he'll go 2nd-3rd round and I think the falcons should pick him up there.
                He had 9 INTs before being benched for Leaf last year.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

that just shows his maturity.

Comment

No, he's not a first rounder. He's a 3rd as of now.

If he tests well i think he could move up but there are a lot of good QB's in this class and Dixon's inconsistency throughout his career could be a red flag.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21

Comment

The Senior Bowl will be huge for Dixon. If he does well there, he'll move up to the mid-early second round.

Comment

Did Oregon run the spread last year? I don't remember them running it with Leaf.

Comment

Originally posted by wvfan14 View Post
                          Did Oregon run the spread last year? I don't remember them running it with Leaf.
                          Ths cause Leaf was at WSU

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I still don't really like him even as a QB at the next level, he works perfect in Oregon's masterfully planned spread offense where he can run the zone read and always have a reciever pretty much wide open on every play. Now he is a football player and could prove me wrong, but add in that he's only had one good year I just don't see him translating. And imo it would be a shame if he gets picked higher than Troy Smith did.

Comment

He's not a first rounder because of the whole possible baseball situation. But even if the situation wasn't there, he would probably be a late 2nd or early 3rd round pick at the highest.

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information