Earl vs. Early

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earl vs. Early

can someone compare Earl Bennet from Vanderbilt and Early Doucet from LSU for me? I just curious what their strenghts and weaknesses are.

I'll let someone else tackle Bennett but Early Doucet is a special receiver, has good size at 6-0 and over 200lbs with speed in the 4.4 range and he can run with the ball. would be my top receiver if i were doing a mock.

Comment

Both are smaller recievers with speed, but Doucett will likely go early because he's more explosive off the line and has recieved more national attention at LSU.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
        I'll let someone else tackle Bennett but Early Doucet is a special receiver, has good size at 6-0 and over 200lbs with speed in the 4.4 range and he can run with the ball. would be my top receiver if i were doing a mock.

6'0 is good size? News to me.

Comment

6'0" 200 is good size..

Comment

isn't he more 210 anyways?

Comment

doucet is more explosive, but i think bennett has better hands. dont quote me on that though.

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                6'0 is good size? News to me.
                I'd say that Doucet's jumping ability more than makes up for his height. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he posts a 39+ inch vert at the combine.

Comment

Im sure very few know A LOT about Bennett cuz frankly who watches vandy. but since I graduated from there I watch every game. and ill try to avoid being biased.

Bennett's best attributes are his route running and his hands. he isnt slow but he doesnt have great deep speed either. he wont run away from anyone at the NFL level. is a smooth runner but wont be shaking people out of their shoes. dont expect tons of YAC.

he isnt bad at anything. really doesnt have a weakness. however the only attribute you might consider elite is his hands. which frankly is pretty important.

aside from the obvious similarities(both from birmingham, similar size) when you think earl bennett, think jerricho cotchery of the jets. probably wont be a gamebreaker. but should be a very good, dependable possession receiver.

pretty much a guarantee he will leave early. his stock might have been higher last year if he had been allowed to come out. vandy has had trouble with consistency at QB this year... injuries and poor play. so bennett's numbers probably wont be as good.

even though im a fan of his, i wouldnt take him in the 1st round. i may not even take him in the 2nd. would be in the last half of the 2nd if I did so.

Comment

Originally posted by rfc17 View Post
                    Im sure very few know A LOT about Bennett cuz frankly who watches vandy. but since I graduated from there I watch every game. and ill try to avoid being biased.

Bennett's best attributes are his route running and his hands. he isnt slow but he doesnt have great deep speed either. he wont run away from anyone at the NFL level. is a smooth runner but wont be shaking people out of their shoes. dont expect tons of YAC.

he isnt bad at anything. really doesnt have a weakness. however the only attribute you might consider elite is his hands. which frankly is pretty important.

aside from the obvious similarities(both from birmingham, similar size) when you think earl bennett, think jerricho cotchery of the jets. probably wont be a gamebreaker. but should be a very good, dependable possession receiver.

pretty much a guarantee he will leave early. his stock might have been higher last year if he had been allowed to come out. vandy has had trouble with consistency at QB this year... injuries and poor play. so bennett's numbers probably wont be as good.

even though im a fan of his, i wouldnt take him in the 1st round. i may not even take him in the 2nd. would be in the last half of the 2nd if I did so.
                    based on what u said bennett seems a lot like rod smith and should be a steady receiver for a long time

Comment

Bennett is more like a smaller Larry Fitzgerald.. Smaller, but physical, great hands and body control..

Doucet is a bit more explosive.

If I pick one I go with Bennett.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

who projects to be the better pro?

Comment

Originally posted by boogeydown View Post
                          who projects to be the better pro?
                          It's tough, they both have good intangibles..

Comparing to Indy..

I think Bennett is the Marvin Harrison and Doucet is the tad less talented Reggie Wayne.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

I like Doucet of the two. Doucet reminds me a bit of Lee Evans coming out (and both had medical issues coming out as well). That said, he's definitely got a bit more of a bust factor than Bennett. I'm going to make a Bennett comparison that will make it seem like I don't like him, but that's not the case. I think of Darrell Jackson when I see Earl Bennett. Jackson's a solid starter, and I think Bennett will be too.

Comment

whoa i didnt realize how young bennett really is and some were saying his draft stock would have been higher if he were allowed to elect to come out last year..very interesting indeed

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information