Fred Davis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred Davis

All i know is that he is a converted WR, but other than that I dont know a whole lot. Is he good enough to go in the first round?

Everything I have read this season says that he is the #1 senior TE right now. None of the others are on his level athletically.
    aka KGB Chicken

Comment

He has 4.5 speed in my opinion. Great leaping ability. Adequate bulk on his frame. Could be a better blocker. Good concentration when ball is in air. A lot of upside.

Comment

I dunno. John Carlson was a Macky Award finalist last year, and the reason he's not being as hyped is because of Notre Dame's awful offense. Then there's Martin Rucker, whom I love deeply, and he's having a great year for Mizzou while sharing catches with Chase Coffman, whom I love as well. I'd rank them as 1a, 1b, and 1c for now and everyone has their own opinion as to who is the best. But I don't see as many USC games as I live in the South, and ND is on NBC every saturday and I see many Mizzou games on FSN South. But I don't see any of those guys on the "elite" level yet. They ain't shabby by any means, but they're not 1st RD.
        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

he's good but if Travis Beckum came out, he's hands down be the first TE taken.

Comment

Originally posted by BucSappy View Post
            He has 4.5 speed in my opinion. Great leaping ability. Adequate bulk on his frame. Could be a better blocker. Good concentration when ball is in air. A lot of upside.
            He is a great athlete but I doubt he will run anything below a 4.65, he is not a burner but he can jump, break tackles, move very well laterally, and has great body control.

I wouldn't say Beckum is hands down the #1 TE, I like him but his size will hurt his stock. He has huge potential as a receiving TE/slot WR but if a team wants a pure TE I think Martin Rucker and even Davis are better picks, they may not be dominant blockers but they have the size and athleticism that project well as an NFL TE.

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
              he's good but if Travis Beckum came out, he's hands down be the first TE taken.
              No he wouldn't. He only weighs like 225.

Comment

All i knew about Fred Davis was that he scores touchdowns, and that is just from watching sportscenter and hearing his name every time USC comes on, so thanks for the replies, but i highly doubt travis Beckum will enter the draft this year, as most of the replies were saying that there are three pretty solid tight ends with size, travis beckum doesnt even have size, so if he were to put on 15-25 pounds we have no idea whether that would affect his game or not

Comment

Fred Davis was a Stud WR coming out of HS, converted to TE and this year has been dominant. not really sure about blocking, but in the recieving game he is one of the best.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....

Comment

Beckum is an absolute stud. Although he's more of a flex TE/HB/WR. He won't be use exclusively as a tight end on the next level.
                    Browns & Buckeyes <3

Comment

The thought of Beckum trying to block an NFL linebacker, let alone chip on a D end, is laughable. His future is as a slot possession receiver.
                      “Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist but football is only two things - blocking and tackling.”

- Vince Lombardi

Comment

For starters Fred Davis is a big target at TE with speed at the position. He probably doesn't have 1st round potential but as a 2nd rounder he'll have real good value.

Travis Beckum was the #1 LB in his class and then was converted to TE after his FR year. Don't tell me he can't block or get a chip on a DE; he is strong and the guy is a playmaker. He certainly needs to add weight if he plans on playing TE in the NFL, but I've always thought of him as the next Marques Colston type player, where he played TE in college but wasn't quite big enough for the position in the NFL so he plays WR.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Davis reminds me a bit of domique Byrd who also played at SC, neither one is what you would call a traditional tightend. I think Davis could be effective with a team that likes to put their tightends in the slot or uses 2 TE formations. I agree with the 4.65 comment about his 40 time, they tend to exagerate 40 yd times a little there with the trojans and i also agree that he would probably be a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

To me the top tightends would be;

Chase Coffman (rd 1)
                          Davis (rd 2)
                          Mike rucker (rd 3)
                          John Carlson (rd 3)

Comment

Originally posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
                            None of the others are on his level athletically.
                            Martellus Bennett?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Travis Beckum probably won't leave, as I don't think he's ready. He's a little undersized, but as some have said he can play at the next level from the Slot or from the line if he bulks up a little. I don't see Chase Coffman leaving since Mizzou has a good chance at being real good next year. Plus, he'd the the #1 receiving option in that offense, and has the chance of being the #1 TE next season, out of Beckum, Cornelius Ingram, and even Martellus Bennett if he stays. With that being said, out of all the junior TE's I think Bennett is the most likely to declare. He's probably a 2nd RD pick now, and I don't think that will imporve next year. There will be a new coach at Texas A&M and there's little chance they'll do anything impressive next year. Bennett should be the first TE taken though if he does come out, and maybe a 1st RD pick if he runs well and performs well at the combine.

BrentN, SDC was referring to only the senior tight ends when he said Fred Davis is the most athletic. Which may be true, but not by much.
                              Last edited by TitanHope; 11-15-2007, 11:34 AM.
                              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information