Darrius Heyward-Bey Discussion w/o lockage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darrius Heyward-Bey Discussion w/o lockage

Okay, so lets try this again with out the stupid advertiser and let this be just a discussion about Darrius. What do you guys think if he declares?

I think right now he is a lock for the top 2 rounds if he declared, however he could go 1st with good workouts. I like how Scott said Sidney Rice part II and that was pretty much my thought when I saw the initial thread. Except I think Darrius is a lot better and can go a lot higher.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

I really think DHB needs to stay in school for at least another year. But you can't teach 6'2 210 4.38.

He hasn't had more than 6 receptions in a game all year, and I want to see some monster games out of a sophomore before he declares.

Also, 1 touchdown? In the ACC?
    Last edited by BucSappy; 11-15-2007, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BucSappy View Post
      I really think DHB needs to stay in school for at least another year. But you can't teach 6'2 210 4.38.

He hasn't had more than 6 receptions in a game all year, and I want to see some monster games out of a sophomore before he declares.

You summed up my thoughts pretty well there.
      Scott Wright, President
      Draft Countdown.com
      www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
      www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

He's shown flashes of being a nice deep threat, but he doesn't consistently beat corners and, while I like his ability to haul in the long ball, he hasn't yet shown the ability to go up and get it like you need to be a great NFL deep threat.

I'll just say that he'd have to put up some very good performances between now and the end of the season and would have to put on a clinic at the combine to sneak into the 1st.

Comment

just as people can be products of good systems..

he is a product of a bad one

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
            just as people can be products of good systems..

he is a product of a bad one
            It was good enough for Vernon Davis.

I see DHB make a lot of great plays, but I don't see him making those plays consistently throughout the season.

If teams want to draft this kid, it is going to come down to how they evaluate his character and work ethic considering his less than stellar stats.

Comment

I like the comparison of sidney rice in there consistency, but dhb has the potential to tear the combine up while rice didnt do so hot there

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs

Comment

It was good enough for Vernon Davis.

I see DHB make a lot of great plays, but I don't see him making those plays consistently throughout the season.

If teams want to draft this kid, it is going to come down to how they evaluate his character and work ethic considering his less than stellar stats.
                vernon davis benefited from a better team and a more experienced qb

heyward bey had a great year last year with hollenbach playing qb

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

The videos didn't speak volumes at all. Run fast and I'll heave it. See if you can run under it. Where are the slants, crossing routes, etc? Can the guy run a route?

Comment

Love the guy so i hope he doesnt declare until hes a senior
                    He's a first next year if he shows statistical progress

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

If anyone has seen Chris Turner or Jordan Steffy they are 10x worse than Reggie Ball combined, that and with Lattimore and Ball they are a run oriented team, make no mistake with lack of numbers. I don't think you can say stay another year to have a monster year because next year with both RB's gone, and still no QB, I don't think he can put up consistent numbers, I don't think any wideout could on this anemic Maryland offense. And the combine is a non issue he should run in the 4.2's.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

So...is that what this board is about? Deleting people's posts?

Comment

..its more like chad jackson part II

Comment

Yeah I don't like the Rice comparison, Rice was productive at South Carolina in his short time there.

Can he return? If he can then maybe he could hope for late 2nd (ala Devin Hester) but at this point he's just a track star with a helmet.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

One more year and hes top 10.
                              Virginia Tech.
                              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information