New Mock Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mock Draft

As promised the new mock draft is now live and you can link to it via the main page. If anyone notices any errors or typos that I missed in my proofreading please drop me a line by e-mail (scott@nfldraftcountdown.com) or PM.

As always constructive criticism is more than welcome but please be sure to give reasons and explain your opinions.

I will stop by early Friday evening to go through this thread and try to answer any comments or questions you may have.

Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Nice job Scott, but now I have to go back and do some changes to my unposted mock as you've undoubtedly snuck into my room and stolen a few of my unique picks from my draft... :P
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

I like the Otah pick for the Steelers...but what do you think about Chris Williams??? Would he be a value pick at that point in the round??? Thanks Like the mock as a whole, Grade A-
      Last edited by Jakey; 11-16-2007, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Aqib Talib is a nice pick for the Lions based on who was available.

I would like them to consider an OT too though. Did you consider giving them an OT instead?
        R.I.P. L.E.F.
        "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
          Aqib Talib is a nice pick for the Lions based on who was available.

I would like them to consider an OT too though. Did you consider giving them an OT instead?
          I did but their pass defense is just as bad as their offensive line and I felt their was better value in the secondary.
          Scott Wright, President
          Draft Countdown.com
          www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
          www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

I was hoping to see a CB taken for the Packers.

Wynn was running well before he went down, and now Grant has stepped in and performed. I think the fact that they had success against the #1 rushing defense heading into last week is a good indication that they are making strides with the running game.

Comment

I like the mock, but you still feel Okam is a 1st round pick? He's surelyt a terrific athlete given his size, but his work ethic is in question. I can't see the Chargers taking someone like Okam. My personal opinion though.

Giants pick is solid, I prefer Talib to Jenkins, but once again, that's opinion, and I can't argue position. It sucks to see Reggie Smith go to the Cowboys though. :D

Paul

New York Giants
              New York Yankees
              New York Knicks (unfortunately)
              UConn Basketball
              Virginia Tech Football
              UConn Football

Comment

Can't really fault the Brohm pick for the Falcons. It does make sense.

Incidentally, have you assumed that Oher won't declare? If he does, how would you match him up with Clady? Likewise Loadholt...
                TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Love The Raider pick..Russell and McFadden man that would be something..
                  Derrick Morgan > All

Comment

Originally posted by Young Legend View Post
                    I hate the Raiders pick, if only because I'm a KC fan and the thought of those two are scary. Love Clady to KC though and I hope it pans out that we are able to upgrade the O-Line with a quality prospect who can help immediatley.

Comment

Don't think the Titans would take Sweed....too similar to our other WRs. Maybe Gholston could be taken there if Odom isn't re-signed or Doucett/Manningham

Comment

Originally posted by Young Legend View Post
                        So does that mean the LaMont Jordan, Michael Bush, Dominic Rhodes, & Justin Fargas era is over???

Damn, you guys need way more help than a Running Back....

I know he can play QB, but is McFadden gonna line up on Defense for you too?

Decent Phins pick by the way.... Still would like a trade down if at all possible on draft day.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

I can't see the Pats taking Laurinitis that high.

Their ILB have to play 3-4 and take on blocks, I think Laurinitis is questionable there. Plus that would be higher than anyone else has him going.

Also the Pats don't draft LBs high usually, they like to "develop" them, although they haven't lately developed anyone. Bruschi made 2M this year I think, kind of hard to have this guy come in at 4th pick salary mostly guaranteed.

I'd have to think with McFadden on the board they'd trade down to someone who wanted him, but maybe trades are too difficult to model.

If they had to take someone maybe Jenkins of Ohio State or McFadden themselves. Pats only have Morris (out) and Maroney at tailback. Plus Kevin Faulk, 3rd down type of guy.
                          "Those two men showed what one motivated Marine and his rifle can do! And before you ladies leave my island, you will ALL be able to do the SAME THING."

Comment

Excellent Mock, Scott. Best one of the year so far IMO that I've seen on the web.

Comment

I like the fins pick as I think he is the biggest need position in the draft for us. Where McFadden is BPA for the draft Dorsey is next.

I am curious if we did trade down a few spots your thoughts on the dolphins taking James Laurinaitis?

With Zach Thomas pretty much showing he is done, continous injuries and concussions we need an impact linebacker for the future of the team. If we somehow end up in the 3-4-5 spot what do you feel about the fins looking hard at Laurinaitis?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information