Workout Warriors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workout Warriors

Which players will jump up higher than expected due to their workout numbers?

Charles Godfrey
    Dre Moore
    Tavares Gooden
    Joe Fields

Anyone else?

Mike Jenkins will probably run a 4.3, bumping him up significantly.

Comment

On the reverse side, see Antoine Cason taking a Daymeion Hughes (not that bad) fall due to him running around a 4.55.

Originally posted by Halsey
      I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
        On the reverse side, see Antoine Cason taking a Daymeion Hughes (not that bad) fall due to him running around a 4.55.
        I think Cason is pretty fast and i doubt he is going to run less than expected but i predict Talib is going to run slower than most think.

I do think it's a good topic though, some guys train for the combine and work out better than others then get to the league and cant play. Vernon Davis was a workout freak and he cant get seperation on a football field, Mike Mamula was a workout wonder and never amounted to anything and it is starting to look the same for Matt Jones. Give me football players with heart and it will make up for a lot of short comings.

Comment

Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
          Mike Jenkins will probably run a 4.3, bumping him up significantly.

Really? I had no idea he was that fast.

Guys who I think will rise after workouts that haven't been mentioned yet:

Jonathan Stewart
          Jamaal Charles
          Lavelle Hawkins
          Fred Davis

Demarrio Pressley
          Frank Okam
          Vernon Gholston
          Derrick Harvey
          Quentin Groves
          Marcus Richardson
          Glenn Sharpe
          10 Favourite prospects for 2010: Colt McCoy, Dez Bryant, Golden Tate, Noel Devine, Ndamukong Suh, Greg Hardy, Eric Norwood, Travis Lewis, Eric Berry, Trevard Lindley

Comment

Originally posted by Solomon View Post
            Really? I had no idea he was that fast.
            On his KR TD this year, he just went to the sideline and sprinted. Nobody could keep up with him, the man has some speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
              Vernon Davis was a workout freak and he cant get seperation on a football field, Mike Mamula was a workout wonder and never amounted to anything and it is starting to look the same for Matt Jones. Give me football players with heart and it will make up for a lot of short comings.
              Vernon Davis' freakness shows up on Sundays, but his qb hardly gets him the ball. He gets plenty of seperation and has been a good run blocker with his strength. He has had his fair share of injuries, but when he is healthy, he plays at a high level. He wasn't your typical workout warrior because he put up some monster numbers for a tight end in college.

Now certain guys like Calais Campbell will probably post some great combine numbers, but everyone will expect them to come out and play at a high level. But he is very inconsistent and you can't expect him to come in start. Calais will have some big expectations, but he just is so inconsistent with his leverage (he plays high too often).

Btw I find it funny that Mike Mamula's workout isn't even that special when you compare him todays combine times. Manny Lawson would have been a number 1 overall pick with his combine numbers at DE.

Comment

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie will blow all of the other CB's out of the water with his workout numbers.
                aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Originally posted by no love View Post
                  Vernon Davis' freakness shows up on Sundays, but his qb hardly gets him the ball. He gets plenty of seperation and has been a good run blocker with his strength. He has had his fair share of injuries, but when he is healthy, he plays at a high level. He wasn't your typical workout warrior because he put up some monster numbers for a tight end in college.

Now certain guys like Calais Campbell will probably post some great combine numbers, but everyone will expect them to come out and play at a high level. But he is very inconsistent and you can't expect him to come in start. Calais will have some big expectations, but he just is so inconsistent with his leverage (he plays high too often).

Btw I find it funny that Mike Mamula's workout isn't even that special when you compare him todays combine times. Manny Lawson would have been a number 1 overall pick with his combine numbers at DE.
                  Remember with Mamula it was a dozen years ago, even today someone 6-4 and 260 running a 4.6 and benching what the offensive lineman bench would still be pretty amazing. As for Davis you're right about the QB situation there being a problem.

Comment

Mr. Bigarms OSU LB VG will def impress in workouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
                      Mr. Bigarms OSU LB VG will def impress in workouts.

Hopefully he shows up tommorrow, he was AWOL last week.

Comment

TE Fred Davis from USC will end up doing a Vernon Davis move up on draft boards with a sick time.

Comment

Darnell Jenkins
                          Kellen Davis
                          Tom Santi
                          Vernon Gholston
                          Shawn Crable
                          Wesley Woodyard
                          Aqib Talib
                          Jamal Lewis

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                            TE Fred Davis from USC will end up doing a Vernon Davis move up on draft boards with a sick time.
                            He plays like a 4.65 guy, you think he runs faster than that?

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                              He plays like a 4.65 guy, you think he runs faster than that?
                              I think he will run as fast as Greg Olsen. He was a receiver before Pete Carroll moved him to TE. I see him running along the lines of Greg Olsen in the 4.45-4.5 range.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information