Vernon Gholston

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vernon Gholston

How much has his stock risen today? And has Jake Long's stock gone down any? I think Gholston has pretty much solidified his stock as the best OLB/DE in this year's draft should he decide to come out. His versatility and speed/athleticism will allow him to wreak havoc in a variety of schemes. I think he's locked into the top 10 right now. New England, Arizona, and Baltimore could all use him.

Gholston has always been top 20, maybe top 15 in my mind. Just a beast.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Gholston certainly has impressed the past month or so. It should be interesting to see who is selected first: Vernon Gholston or Derrick Harvey.

Comment

He is going to be a top 10 pick.
        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by foozball View Post
          How much has his stock risen today? And has Jake Long's stock gone down any? I think Gholston has pretty much solidified his stock as the best OLB/DE in this year's draft should he decide to come out. His versatility and speed/athleticism will allow him to wreak havoc in a variety of schemes. I think he's locked into the top 10 right now. New England, Arizona, and Baltimore could all use him.
          Basically all of Gholston's damage came against the Schilling, so no, I don't think Long's stock has would drop because of this game. And really, I think people already new Gholston was a beast.

Originally posted by Jakey
          WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

he's been great all season, but today he just dominated Michigan's OL, even Jake Long. again, that 3-4 or 4-3 versatility really helps...not to mention he's 6'4 260lbs and runs 4.65

Comment

Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
              Basically all of Gholston's damage came against the Schilling, so no, I don't think Long's stock has would drop because of this game. And really, I think people already new Gholston was a beast.
              i believe long did allow 1 sack to gholston today...his 1st sack allowed of the season

Comment

he's been great all season, but today he just dominated Michigan's OL, even Jake Long. again, that 3-4 or 4-3 versatility really helps...not to mention he's 6'4 260lbs and runs 4.65
                Um, he came up with like one sack against Long. I wouldn't say he dominated him.

Comment

i believe long did allow 1 sack to gholston today...his 1st sack allowed of the season
                  That's why I said basically.

Comment

He did something noone else did, which is take on the best LT in the nation and get a sack, with 2 sacks on the other side. Just so talented. If he runs a good 40 I can see top 10.

Comment

I have to give credit to Gholston with his performance today. He was relentless. He got the first and only sack that Jake Long gave up all season today. He is gonna be a top 20 pick, and I wouldn't mind seeing him in Detroit next year (which is saying a lot coming from a Wolverine fan).

That said, there is no way in hell that Jake Long's stock should drop as a result of this game. He is every bit as legitimate a top five pick as he was yesterday.
                      R.I.P. L.E.F.
                      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

That search function can be a ***** sometimes, can't it?

Seeing as how 2 of his sacks and most of his hurries came against the Human Turnstile, it rose a little bit (just because of the Long sack). But I'm pretty sure I could get a sack vs. Schilling

Comment

Let me clarify my position here. Gholston is a monster. Like Xio said, I sure wouldn't mind him in Detroit, even if he is a Buckeye, which makes me want to punch myself. I could easily see him as a top 10 pick, and I could see him going ahead of guys like Campbell and Harvey and being the second end off the board(after Chris Long)

That said, I don't think this game affected Jake Long's stock at all. Yes he gave up his first sack of the year, but it was his first sack of the year! He's still the top offensive lineman in the draft, and I don't think it's all that close.

Comment

Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
                            Let me clarify my position here. Gholston is a monster. Like Xio said, I sure wouldn't mind him in Detroit, even if he is a Buckeye, which makes me want to punch myself. I could easily see him as a top 10 pick, and I could see him going ahead of guys like Campbell and Harvey and being the second end off the board(after Chris Long)

That said, I don't think this game affected Jake Long's stock at all. Yes he gave up his first sack of the year, but it was his first sack of the year! He's still the top offensive lineman in the draft, and I don't think it's all that close.
                            LIES! Jake Long is terrible in pass pro!

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                              LIES! Jake Long is terrible in pass pro!
                              Yes, he is horrible, undrafted for sure. Maybe 7th round if a team that likes to run wants to give him a shot at the practice squad. ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information