• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New England now drafting #2

http://www.gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.htm
    And proud of it!!!

Yep... and they will get McFadden...

Be prepared for them to win the next 10 Super Bowls... its going to get ugly...

I ******* hate the Patriots...

Comment

Originally posted by FinNasty View Post
      Yep... and they will get McFadden...

Be prepared for them to win the next 10 Super Bowls... its going to get ugly...

I ******* hate the Patriots...

They won't take McFadden. They will trade down and rape a horribly managed team. That is the Belicheck way.

Comment

Originally posted by lod01 View Post
        They won't take McFadden. They will trade down and rape a horribly managed team. That is the Belicheck way.
        The Patriots need to address MLB or the secondary......the makes the team even scarier!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I think they will take McFadden as well.

Trading down makes sense but who is going to trade up? For what?

The 2nd pick gets a 30 million dollar signing bonus. I would not give that kind of money to any of them, but if I had to, the only person I would consider at this point is McFadden. He's the only superstar at this point in the draft.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
            I think they will take McFadden as well.

Trading down makes sense but who is going to trade up? For what?

The 2nd pick gets a 30 million dollar signing bonus. I would not give that kind of money to any of them, but if I had to, the only person I would consider at this point is McFadden. He's the only superstar at this point in the draft.
            I'm not sure the Patriots can afford the salary of that high of a pick. They'll try desperately to trade down.

Comment

I think the Dolphins could take DMac, just so the Patriots cant

Paul

New York Giants
              New York Yankees
              New York Knicks (unfortunately)
              UConn Basketball
              Virginia Tech Football
              UConn Football

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                I'm not sure the Patriots can afford the salary of that high of a pick. They'll try desperately to trade down.
                Teams in the top 5 constantly try to trade down. It's not a position that most teams want to be in. Jerry Angelo has gone so far as to say that he thinks it's a punishment for teams drafting in the top 10 because even players that do live up to their potential rarely live up to their signing bonuses.

Honestly it wouldn't totally shock me if the Patriots didn't pick at all for 5-6 picks and then picked whoever they wanted. It would certainly shake up the draft.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

i think this actually works against the patriots because if they cant trade down then there isnt an ILB or CB worth taking at that point. Im not even sure that kenny phillips is worth that high of a pick. so if they had to choose at number 2 they would probably take mcfadden or maybe jake long and have to give them 30 million in bonuses and still have to resign randy moss in the offseason. and moss is definitely going to be a lot more expensive this next season which in turn could totally screw their salary cap situation.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                    Teams in the top 5 constantly try to trade down. It's not a position that most teams want to be in. Jerry Angelo has gone so far as to say that he thinks it's a punishment for teams drafting in the top 10 because even players that do live up to their potential rarely live up to their signing bonuses.

Honestly it wouldn't totally shock me if the Patriots didn't pick at all for 5-6 picks and then picked whoever they wanted. It would certainly shake up the draft.
                    Hence why there needs to be preset rookie contracts like in the NBA. :(

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
                      i think this actually works against the patriots because if they cant trade down then there isnt an ILB or CB worth taking at that point. Im not even sure that kenny phillips is worth that high of a pick. so if they had to choose at number 2 they would probably take mcfadden or maybe jake long and have to give them 30 million in bonuses and still have to resign randy moss in the offseason. and moss is definitely going to be a lot more expensive this next season which in turn could totally screw their salary cap situation.
                      and i forgot to mention that asante samuel needs resigning as well and hes gonna want big money too. its gonna be hard to resign those players because after a superbowl win they are going to want to test the market and see how much they can make.

Comment

they will either take McFadden at #2 or they will trade down with Atlanta picking up DeAngelo Hall in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by briz222x View Post
                          they will either take McFadden at #2 or they will trade down with Atlanta picking up DeAngelo Hall in the process.
                          We have way too many holes to fill to trade up to #2 and then give away one of the only spots on the team that has stability. DeAngelo Hall was quoted as saying "If I have to take less money to play along side you (Chris Houston), I'll do it". Houston and Hall are going to be shutting receivers down next season.

Comment

Originally posted by lod01 View Post
                            Watch, they'll trade down and ultimately acquire the 32nd pick.

Comment

I can't see the Colts trading picks with the Patriots, but you never know.
                              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information