New England now drafting #2

http://www.gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.htm

• Crow
    replied
    Lil Animal at #2 overall? C'mon now.

Leave a comment:

• Primetime21
    replied
    If James Laurenitis declared I could see Patriots picking him and grooming him to be a monster in their 3-4.

If they dont go Laurenitis I can see them going Jake Long. Someone mentioned that Michigan runs a ZBS, and if I am not mistaken the Patriots have been runnng a ZBS for like 2 years. Long fits in scheme, he will add to the running game, and just imagine Long coming at you with all the screens the Patriots do.

Wishlist for Pats(IMO)
    1. James Laurenitis
    2. Jake Long
    3. D Mac
    4. Chris Long
    5. Kenny Phillips

Leave a comment:

• Iamcanadian
    replied
    Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
    Trade downs in the top 5 are rare. Only do they happen when a team really, really wants a QB (like Mike Vick or Eli Manning), and this year there is no one like that. Sure, they could use a safety, corner, or ILB, but to trade down that far for even less than the value would not be worth passing up a talent like J.Long or D.McFadden, trust me.
    I agree completely. however I think I can guarantee that NE is thinking defense, their offense is well SUPER. Their defense is getting old at a # of key positions, ILB, SS, OLB and I believe they will be looking for a replacement at one of those positions.
    Everybody assumes that they know who is in the top 10 but we are a long way to finalizing them. Even the top 5 isn't close to being set in stone. I expect the juniors to dominate the draft and we just don't know who will declare as yet.

Leave a comment:

• yourfavestoner
    replied
    They'll draft McFadden and end up trading his rights to somebody else. Trust me.

Leave a comment:

• barry
    replied
    Originally posted by Crow View Post
    Jake Long would make a lot of sense, but does he warrant such a high pick? He addresses a need, but that doesn't seem to be much of value pick.
    let's put it this way: last year, joe thomas got drafted at #3, levi brown at #5, while jake long was voted the big 10 lineman of the year over both of them.

the knock (if any) that could be made is that he's been zone blocking for the last two seasons and would need to work on his technique. also, as his strength has been more as a run blocker rather than a pass blocker, RT might be a better fit, and it might be a stretch to draft a RT that high.

but if the pats took him, the rich would get richer.

Leave a comment:

• Crow
    replied
    Originally posted by BucSappy View Post
    Oh yeah I forgot. The Patriots only have one pick in this draft.
    Thank you.
    Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    They actually have two 3rd rounders.
    Thanks, forgot that trade with Oakland, who as of right now would have the #2 pick in the 3rd round.
    God damn stupid ass trade.

Anyway, Belicheat may be dirty, but he's not stupid. The Pats' ground game needs a boost. Maroney is good, but not good enough to justify passing up a talent like McFadden. Pairing them together would be pretty impressive.

Jake Long would make a lot of sense, but does he warrant such a high pick? He addresses a need, but that doesn't seem to be much of value pick.

Chris Long shouldn't even be in the conversation. He's not a LB and there's simply nowhere on the Pats DL to put him.

If they're stuck in the 2-3 range, I think they take McFadden if he's there. OLs, LBs, etc, can be found later. There are no McFaddens in Rd2-3.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    LOL So how do you know so much about the chemistry of the Patriots front office? I mean you sound like the next John Clayton.

Dude its Belichicks team. You think Pioli drafts all the players by himself without consulting Belichick? LOL

Leave a comment:

• BucSappy
    replied
    Originally posted by briz222x View Post
    uuhhh no BB lets Pioli do his job but if BB dont like something he will let Pioli know. BB scouts players himself and him and Pioli work in tandem, but i bet my bottom dollar BB's word has more weight. If Pioli wanted to draft a scrub BB would tell him no.
    LOL So how do you know so much about the chemistry of the Patriots front office? I mean you sound like the next John Clayton.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    That has to be some of the dumbest logic I have ever read.

First of all, Belicheck doesn't make personnell decision. I just think is really funny stuff to read that all of a sudden NFL coaches are dictators within their organization. What you don't think Bob Kraft is pissed that he had to pay the NFL 500k and sacrificed their first round pick? All of a sudden the Pats franchise is under the mercy of Bill Belicheck?

He isn't he GM, he doesn't have final say on draft day decisions.

And as of right now, it seems like people WANT New England to trade down as opposed to drafting McFadden.

"Waaaaaa. They can't draft McFadden they have Maroney! pooooooooooooo"

uuhhh no BB lets Pioli do his job but if BB dont like something he will let Pioli know. BB scouts players himself and him and Pioli work in tandem, but i bet my bottom dollar BB's word has more weight. If Pioli wanted to draft a scrub BB would tell him no.

Leave a comment:

• BucSappy
    replied
    Originally posted by briz222x View Post
    New England will do what everyone doesnt expect them to do. Belichick will do what everyone doesnt want them to do. If you think they will pass on McFadden dont be surprised when his name is called on draft day.
    That has to be some of the dumbest logic I have ever read.

First of all, Belicheck doesn't make personnell decision. I just think is really funny stuff to read that all of a sudden NFL coaches are dictators within their organization. What you don't think Bob Kraft is pissed that he had to pay the NFL 500k and sacrificed their first round pick? All of a sudden the Pats franchise is under the mercy of Bill Belicheck?

He isn't he GM, he doesn't have final say on draft day decisions.

And as of right now, it seems like people WANT New England to trade down as opposed to drafting McFadden.

"Waaaaaa. They can't draft McFadden they have Maroney! pooooooooooooo"

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    Why would they even take Mcfadden...can anyone tell me how he would be used if they had him this year??? Makes absolutely no sense, why take a guy with the #2 pick, so soon after you just used a #1 pick on a rb, and on an offense that runs what 10 times a game max? They spread the field, use shotgun and air it out, ive yet to see them commit to the run, and if your going to take a player at #2 wouldnt you want a guy who can give you impact every single snap?

No way they take a rb, they have no names back there now and are dominating, the pick will be for CB more then likely with Malcolm Jenkins and they let Samuel walk, makes the most sense...yes its high for a db, but if he didnt go at 2 he wouldnt last past 6
    the pats would run more if they could. Morris is on IR and Maroney is injured every week.

Leave a comment:

• LonghornsLegend
    replied
    Why would they even take Mcfadden...can anyone tell me how he would be used if they had him this year??? Makes absolutely no sense, why take a guy with the #2 pick, so soon after you just used a #1 pick on a rb, and on an offense that runs what 10 times a game max? They spread the field, use shotgun and air it out, ive yet to see them commit to the run, and if your going to take a player at #2 wouldnt you want a guy who can give you impact every single snap?

No way they take a rb, they have no names back there now and are dominating, the pick will be for CB more then likely with Malcolm Jenkins and they let Samuel walk, makes the most sense...yes its high for a db, but if he didnt go at 2 he wouldnt last past 6

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    New England will do what everyone doesnt expect them to do. Belichick will do what everyone doesnt want them to do. If you think they will pass on McFadden dont be surprised when his name is called on draft day.

Leave a comment:

• IndyColtScout
    replied
    All things aside, if you are an offensive juggernaut like NE, what kind of player would you rather pay the big money?

A potential all-pro RT with the ability to play LT?

or

Another offensive weapon that might touch the ball 15 times a game max?

I know why NE would draft McFadden, I just don't think they need another offensive weapon at a high price. NE already has to give Moss an ungodly contract this off-season. Why would they want to pay McFadden to? When Tom Brady is the QB of a pass heavy offense, the #1 priority should be protecting Tom Brady. Yes, NE has the best OL right now. However, Kazcur is just a solid RT. I don't ever see Nick going to the pro-bowl. Long is a potential all-pro OL. I could see Long going to the pro-bowl many times if he were coached by BB & NE. If I were Pioli, the pick has to be Jake Long.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information