My Top 10 Junior RB's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Top 10 Junior RB's

You can check out my ranking of the Top 10 junior running backs in today's (11/21) blog entry:

Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

beautiful...

Comment

There are going to be a couple teams in round 2 that end up with one hell of a runningback.

Comment

Other than DMac,Stewart,and Slaton do you think there will be any other junior RBs that declare?
        "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
          Other than DMac,Stewart,and Slaton do you think there will be any other junior RBs that declare?
          Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
          In fact, there are at least six junior running backs who, if they opted to come out early, would immediately jump ahead of the current #1 senior Mike Hart in my running back rankings for the 2008 NFL Draft.
          I don't expect Scott to know exactly who is going to declare, but I'm pretty sure he thinks if any junior RBs declare it will be most likely from these 10 guys.

Comment

Can I assume that the #1 next to Jonathan Stewart's name is a typo, or do you have him rated on the same level as McFadden?

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
              Can I assume that the #1 next to Jonathan Stewart's name is a typo, or do you have him rated on the same level as McFadden?
              Obviously a typo, but I don't think Stew is as far behind McFadden as people think.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                I was gonna ask the same thing...

Comment

Interesting list. I tend to have Mendenhall as 2nd right now, and I think Rashard could be a top 15 pick. I'd have Kevin Smith a tad higher, even if he only runs in the mid-4.5's.

Comment

Just me personally, but I think Charles and Ray Rice should be ahead of James Davis, who I really like too.

How could anyone go wrong with Felix Jones, Steve Slaton, or Rashard Mendenhall? Total toss up there for me.

Comment

What are your thoughts on Toney Baker?

Originally posted by Morgan Freeman
                      Titty sprinkles

Comment

I would love to see miami snag Kevin Smith in the 3rd or 4th round to get a good backup to ronnie brown for the future some protecton since he is injury prone

Comment

Anyone think Andre Brown will actually declare? IF he does, he's one of the guys whose going to pass the eye ball test and most other tests at the combine. Hopefully he can run at least a 4.5.

If he does, he'll be a steal for someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Finsfan79 View Post
                            I would love to see miami snag Kevin Smith in the 3rd or 4th round to get a good backup to ronnie brown for the future some protecton since he is injury prone
                            Lorenzo Booker?

That is correct comahan
                            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                            <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
                              Anyone think Andre Brown will actually declare? IF he does, he's one of the guys whose going to pass the eye ball test and most other tests at the combine. Hopefully he can run at least a 4.5.

If he does, he'll be a steal for someone.
                              after breaking his foot this season, I highly doubt it. Baker and Brown have actually been outplayed by Jamelle Eugene this year. A Brian Westbrook type back at 5-9 200 with great receiving skills. Not a burner by any means, but will consistently get you the 3, 4, 5 yard runs and break off a 20 yarder every now and then.

Andre Brown's biggest concern, to me at least, would be his propensity to look for the homerun every time he touches the ball. He'll take a loss running laterally just to try to take it to the edge instead of picking up a good 4 yards running downhill. Brown is going to be a big boom or bust type player, but he'll definitely turn heads during workouts. He'll clock in the lower 4.4's to upper 4.3's. A less heralded Ronnie Brown maybe?

Originally posted by Morgan Freeman
                              Titty sprinkles

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information