Ryan Clady

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Clady

I see alot of people raving about him, but is he really that special? Ive seen 2 games where I just focused on him the whole game, and quite honestly, I wasn't impressed.

I think he needs to add alot of weight to his frame. He seems lanky for his size, and he seems to lack alot of power. He'll get pushed around by bullrushers. And his thighs and legs are way too thin to stand firm in the NFL.

But I hear him being touted as possibly the 2nd best LT prospect in this draft. Am I missing something? I will admit I haven't seen him alot, but from the limited time I have seen him, I wasn't that impressed.

you list his flaws as purely physical. he has the athleticism and footwork to stick. but like you said, he still has to develop his body. pretty much every draft site lists his power as his main weakpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      I see alot of people raving about him, but is he really that special? Ive seen 2 games where I just focused on him the whole game, and quite honestly, I wasn't impressed.

I think he needs to add alot of weight to his frame. He seems lanky for his size, and he seems to lack alot of power. He'll get pushed around by bullrushers. And his thighs and legs are way too thin to stand firm in the NFL.

But I hear him being touted as possibly the 2nd best LT prospect in this draft. Am I missing something? I will admit I haven't seen him alot, but from the limited time I have seen him, I wasn't that impressed.
      His footwork is possibly the best for a LT in this draft. Also in the NFL he would be facing more of the finesse rushers on the left side. He reminds me a lot like Daryn Colledge, he has almost the similar type of frame as he does.

Comment

Here's a picture of some of the top tackle prospects in the draft. Just a little eyeball test.

Jake Long is by far the biggest. Solid legs and a well-developed upper body. From a physical standpoint, he's about as pro-ready as they come.

Sam Baker is the shortest and doesn't have much muscular definition. He looks a bit soft and could definitely stand to add some bulk. His frame isn't very impressive either.

Ryan Clady could use some muscle on his legs but he looks to have the frame to really add some weight without losing much athleticism.

Based on the eyeball test, I'd rank them:
        1. Jake Long
        2. Ryan Clady
        3. Sam Baker

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
          Here's a picture of some of the top tackle prospects in the draft. Just a little eyeball test.

Jake Long is by far the biggest. Solid legs and a well-developed upper body. From a physical standpoint, he's about as pro-ready as they come.

Sam Baker is the shortest and doesn't have much muscular definition. He looks a bit soft and could definitely stand to add some bulk. His frame isn't very impressive either.

Ryan Clady could use some muscle on his legs but he looks to have the frame to really add some weight without losing much athleticism.

Based on the eyeball test, I'd rank them:
          1. Jake Long
          2. Ryan Clady
          3. Sam Baker
          the problem is u need the side view for Baker and Clady. From this picture it looks like baker could EASILY gain at least 5-15lbs which would make him 310-315. However the one thing that is impossible to build up is calfs, u can make them more define but u cant go from cladys to longs because its part genetics. Clady can add weight easy but they are missing Williams... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
            the problem is u need the side view for Baker and Clady. From this picture it looks like baker could EASILY gain at least 5-15lbs which would make him 310-315. However the one thing that is impossible to build up is calfs, u can make them more define but u cant go from cladys to longs because its part genetics. Clady can add weight easy but they are missing Williams... lol
            Huh? You can definitely add bulk to your calfs...

Comment

Huh? You can definitely add bulk to your calfs...
              i remember we had a DE who had the biggest calfs on our team, im talkin like mo drew thighs big, but he was quite weak aginst the run, didnt have much push. Having bigger thighs and 5 more lbs at most arent gonna help his run blocking. It really comes down to technique and leverage.

If ur big and strong and got great push, but u cant get under the DE, ur gonna lose, yet if ur small and dont have the greatest strength, but consistently get under a guys pads, ur gonna win most often then naught. but some ppl can win because their physical attributes can help them overcome technique flaws
              Last edited by Green Bay Scat; 11-21-2007, 09:26 PM.

Comment

i remember we had a DE who had the biggest calfs on our team, im talkin like mo drew thighs big, but he was quite weak aginst the run, didnt have much push. Having bigger thighs and 5 more lbs at most arent gonna help his run blocking. It really comes down to technique and leverage.
                Obviously technique and leverage play a huge role. That said, this is professional football. Physical attributes are hugely important. That's why players workout all off-season, trying to make gains to improve their play.

It's also not about size, but strength and power. Look at a guy like Braylon Edwards. He's small, but look at his combine numbers. Bench pressed 225 something like 30 times.

Comment

Also, Jake Long is built like Tony Mandarich. Beast.

Comment

BE is 6'3" 215, that is not small, thats above average. Also when do u ever need to bench 225 in a game? its a good sign of endurence and when u think about it, u play for about 10 secs as an OLineman then u get 45 sec to recover(maybe a tv timeout) its not as tough as college, u just face better players than say FIU

Comment

BE is 6'3" 215, that is not small, thats above average.
                      In terms of how much he can lift, that is extremely small. There are 300 pounders in the NFL who can't lift like Braylon can.

Comment

BE is 6'3" 215, that is not small, thats above average. Also when do u ever need to bench 225 in a game? its a good sign of endurence and when u think about it, u play for about 10 secs as an OLineman then u get 45 sec to recover(maybe a tv timeout) its not as tough as college, u just face better players than say FIU
                        The bench press test is indicative of upper body strength. Take two players. One can do 225 10 times the other guy can do it 50 times. Who do you think is stronger and has a higher bench max?

Comment

The bench press test is indicative of upper body strength. Take two players. One can do 225 10 times the other guy can do it 50 times. Who do you think is stronger and has a higher bench max?
                          i know someone who can max bench 420lbs, yet his 225 is only 18, yet theres someone on are team that can do it 335lbs but can do it 22 times, now those are close and albeit the higher one plays LB and the lower rep plays lineman. I care more about max bench for lineman cause it means the initial punch, when do u need to constantly punch as an olineman?(pass blocking to a certain extent, but they teach u to punch and grab) all i know is someone that does 10 reps doesnt deserve to play OLine lol. We really arent helpin this guy out so im just gonna end that here

Comment

So basically Clady is like D'Brick but *maybe* half the prospect?

I have no feel for this guy at all.

Comment

athletically, he's similar to D'brick. maybe not quite as athletic, but youre on the right track. he could use some technique work, but he's just a junior. if he can bulk up, he's gonna be quite good.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information