Best Linebackers in 08 Draft?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Linebackers in 08 Draft?

Who are the Best Linebackers in the upcoming draft? All I know of is Dan Conner. And which are the best for covering the tightend?

Laurinitis is great in coverage
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Keith Rivers
      J Leman
      Jonathon Goff
      Ben Moffit

Are just some other guys to look at.

Comment

Leman won't time nearly well enough to get drafted that high.

My personal favorites:

Inside
        Laurinaitis
        Rey Maualuga
        Jerod Mayo
        Vince Hall
        Beau Bell
        Jonathan Goff

Outside
        Conner
        Rivers
        Xavier Adibi
        Brian Cushing
        Erin Henderson
        Ezra Butler
        Shawn Crable
        Ali Highsmith
        Marcus Freeman
        Philip Wheeler
        Tavares Gooden

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
          Laurinitis is great in coverage
          As evidenced by his 3 PBUs and 1 PD all season. Yeah, what a stud.

Comment

i find it funny how Jordon Dizon gets overlooked because hes only
            6'0 225lbs

the guy is a tackling machine, and hes also very fast
            hes great in coverage

if the draft wasnt about size, then he would be the number 2 ranked OLB, behind Conner

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              Leman won't time nearly well enough to get drafted that high.

My personal favorites:

Inside
              Laurinaitis
              Rey Maualuga
              Jerod Mayo
              Vince Hall
              Beau Bell
              Jonathan Goff

Outside
              Conner
              Rivers
              Xavier Adibi
              Brian Cushing
              Erin Henderson
              Ezra Butler
              Shawn Crable
              Ali Highsmith
              Marcus Freeman
              Philip Wheeler
              Tavares Gooden
              I think it's very realistic that Dan Connor may be picked as a MLB. As a matter fact, that may be his best position.

One of his best qualities is the ability to shed blockers. Despite being only about 235 lbs., he has very good strength for a LB.

Comment

Well if J.Laurinaitis declares he is obviously the top LB available. If he stays for his senior year it is probably Keith Rivers, but Dan Connor could jump him. Jonathan Goff intrigues me as a 2nd/3rd round linebacker though, I wonder what he'd look like in a 3-4.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                  Well if J.Laurinaitis declares he is obviously the top LB available. If he stays for his senior year it is probably Keith Rivers, but Dan Connor could jump him. Jonathan Goff intrigues me as a 2nd/3rd round linebacker though, I wonder what he'd look like in a 3-4.
                  Obviously? In your biased mind, maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by underscore View Post
                    As evidenced by his 3 PBUs and 1 PD all season. Yeah, what a stud.
                    I'm sure bored is referring to the 5 gift wrapped picks Laurinaitis got last season.
                    Last edited by Sniper; 11-23-2007, 01:08 PM.

Comment

I hink J Leman is the best all around ILB in this draft. You want to argue....Who outperformed who when Illinios played OSU? It was Leman. He is a bit smaller, but still good size, has great closing speed, is quick with his reads, and shed blocks well, and is very good in coverage. Also, has the speed to eye the QB as he has done several times this year like in the OSU game.

Comment

Two guys flying somewhat under the radar I love are Beau Bell and Ezra Butler. Similar to Patrick Willis, I just love guys who are tackling machines and just have a mind for where the ball is at all times on the field.

Originally posted by Halsey
                        I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
                          I hink J Leman is the best all around ILB in this draft. You want to argue....Who outperformed who when Illinios played OSU? It was Leman. He is a bit smaller, but still good size, has great closing speed, is quick with his reads, and shed blocks well, and is very good in coverage. Also, has the speed to eye the QB as he has done several times this year like in the OSU game.
                          Depends if you consider Connor an ILB or OLB. I feel Leman flies under the radar too much but he's a tackling machine and is always where the ball is.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                            Goff is better suited for a 4-3, probably the tampa 2 the best. The way i look at him is a poor mans Urlahcher. Hes more of a general than an assassin

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

Shawn Crable
                              Crable is pretty damn good, but he needs to start playing a lot smarter than he currently does. Though I lol'd at the Sporting News when they said he was a 6-7th rounder, possibly UDFA

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information