Brandon Flowers, VTech

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Flowers, VTech

I thought he was going to return for his senior year, but with him playing so well this year maybe he will come out. He made his fifth pick of the season against Virginia today.

Anyone know whether he's likely to declare?

Where would you project him if he does come out?

I like him a lot. I think he's the next Ronde Barber in a Cover 2 defense. He's physical, a playmaker and has great instincts. There are a lot of good corners in this draft (including underclassmen), but he could be drafted ahead of some in the right system because of his special talents. I think the earliest he could go is late 1st if he declares, behind the 2 Jenkins and maybe 1-2 other CBs like Ikegwuonu.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
      I like him a lot. I think he's the next Ronde Barber in a Cover 2 defense. He's physical, a playmaker and has great instincts. There are a lot of good corners in this draft (including underclassmen), but he could be drafted ahead of some in the right system because of his special talents. I think the earliest he could go is late 1st if he declares, behind the 2 Jenkins and maybe 1-2 other CBs like Ikegwuonu.
      I think he's a better man to man guy than a cover 2 guy. He reminds me a lot of Antoine Winfield with his cover skills and run support.

Comment

His speed and breaking ability is underrated. Great player. Macho Harris is great too.
        Virginia Tech.
        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

He kinda reminds me of Sheldon Brown...which is why I really want the Eagles to grab him..

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
            I think he's a better man to man guy than a cover 2 guy. He reminds me a lot of Antoine Winfield with his cover skills and run support.
            He could play both pretty well, but I think his instincts are best served in a Cover 2. Winfield is a good comparison but he plays in a Cover 2 so that's only further proof towards that argument.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I think Flowers is a late first-2nd possibility if he comes out. I think he's versatile enough to play in several schemes, although with his skills, I'd let him man up more than zone.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information